Why hate the Jews?

jillian said:
The antichrist kingdom? That's not just anti-semitic, it doesn't even comport with Christian beliefs. Jews are supposed to be the ones helping to fight the antichrist. yes?

Ah the kangroo court has ruled on what is in and what is not in the Scriptures. . . .have you ever read and been able to comprehend the Scriptures?

Jerry Falwell on January 15, 1999 told a pastors' conference that the Antichrist -portrayed for some 2,000 years as evil incarnate-may be a Jew alive today, “Of course he'll be Jewish,” Falwell told an audience of 1,500 people at a conference on evangelism at Kingsport, Tenn. “If he's going to be the counterfeit of Christ, he has to be Jewish,” Falwell said. “The only thing we know is he must be male and Jewish.” In a note of clarification, made after criticism from Jewish groups, Falwell said, “Since Jesus came to Earth the firt time 2,000 years agao as a Jewish male, most evangelicals believe the Antichrist will, by necessity, to be a Jewish male.”

Grace Halsell, “Forcing God's Hand: Why Millions Pray For A Quick Rapture - - - And Destruction Of Planet Earth” (Beltsville: 2003) Page 27.

Shamgar said:
Hey "asinine" that sounds just like any cretin who thinks Godless cursed, antichrist jews (atheist jews, agnostic jews, pagan jews, orthodox jew observant jews) are all "God's Chosen people. . . . .yeah chosen to be cursed Godless and antiChristian. . . . .

You really have no concept of grace, do you?

Romans 1:16: "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."

Romans 3:1-4: "What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God. What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all!"

As to your blanket condemnation of all Jews:

Romans 2:1-4: "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?"

Shamgar said:
?

Jerry Falwell on January 15, 1999 told a pastors' conference that the Antichrist -portrayed for some 2,000 years as evil incarnate-may be a Jew alive today, “Of course he'll be Jewish,” Falwell told an audience of 1,500 people at a conference on evangelism at Kingsport, Tenn. “If he's going to be the counterfeit of Christ, he has to be Jewish,” Falwell said. “The only thing we know is he must be male and Jewish.” In a note of clarification, made after criticism from Jewish groups, Falwell said, “Since Jesus came to Earth the firt time 2,000 years agao as a Jewish male, most evangelicals believe the Antichrist will, by necessity, to be a Jewish male.”.

Quoting Falwell doesn't aid your argument...

rtwngAvngr said:
Do jews believe in the antichrist?

One would have to believe in a christ (savior) to believe in an anti-christ. All that reveleations stuff doesn't exist in Judaism. What exists in Judaism is what's written in Isiah....and orthodox, conservative and reform judaism don't agree on what those words ultimately mean.

So...guess you're free to buy the Jerry Falwell garbage. Even though it's lame.

jillian said:
One would have to believe in a christ (savior) to believe in an anti-christ. All that reveleations stuff doesn't exist in Judaism. What exists in Judaism is what's written in Isiah....and orthodox, conservative and reform judaism don't agree on what those words ultimately mean.

So...guess you're free to buy the Jerry Falwell garbage. Even though it's lame.

But you think Moshiach is coming right?

Shamgar said:
Why the obsessive love for antiChrists?

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

jillian said:
Yes..and yes. Have you? Cause based on what I'm seeing, you comprehend very little...though you do a mean cut and paste. And Falwell is an idiot, you ijit.

Obviously I have and do understand more than you. . .go figure. . . and I certainly I agree Falwell is an idiot you and he make a complete pair. . . .

As long as they don't convert, Jews are “spiritually blind.” -Jerry Falwell, “Listen America”

Grace Halsell, “Forcing God's Hand: Why Millions Pray For A Quick Rapture - - - And Destruction Of Planet Earth” (Beltsville: 2003) Page 81.

At the same time dispensationalists speak of a love for Israel, they often reveal they have no liking for Jews.

Grace Halsell, “Forcing God's Hand: Why Millions Pray For A Quick Rapture - - - And Destruction Of Planet Earth” (Beltsville: 2003) Page 80.

The statement by Rev. Jerry Falwell, that the Antichrist, who is evil incarnate, is Jewish, borders on anti-Semitism at best and is anti-Semitic at worst . . . It appears clear that after years of Christian-Jewish dialogue, Rev. Falwell hasn't learned a thing. -National Director Abraham H. Foxman, Anti-Defamation League

Grace Halsell, “Forcing God's Hand: Why Millions Pray For A Quick Rapture - - - And Destruction Of Planet Earth” (Beltsville: 2003) Page 82.

5stringJeff said:
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

. . . . and what does that mean in the context of these verses?

Rev 2 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3: 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

jillian said:
But what IS the messiah? A saviour? A Davidic King? A prophet? From the living? From the dead?

Doesn't your faith inform you on this issue?

Shamgar said:
. . . . and what does that mean in the context of these verses?

Rev 2 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3: 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Ephesians 6:12 (ESV): "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

While certain beliefs may be antichristian, to hold a certain person or group of people (e.g. the Jews) as inherently evil and/or outside of God's ability to save is unbiblical. The real power behind the lies and deceptive theologies in the world, etc., is the power of the devil, which a) has already been overcome by Christ's death and resurrection, and b) is the power that Christians are fighting against.

jillian said:
But what IS the messiah? A saviour? A Davidic King? A prophet? From the living? From the dead?

Oh the 'vast and unlimited knowledge' of jillian in regards to the Scriputres has run dry when it comes to basic terms in the Scriptures. . . .go figure. . . .

Israel is today, explains the anti-Zionist Jew Israel Shahak, “are not basing their religion on the ethics of justice. They do not accept the Old Testament as written. Rather, religious Jews turn to the Talmud. For them, the Talmudic Jewish laws become 'the Bible.' And the Talmud teaches that a Jew can kill a non-Jew with impunity.”

Grace Halsell, “Forcing God's Hand: Why Millions Pray For A Quick Rapture - - - And Destruction Of Planet Earth” (Beltsville: 2003) Page 120.

5stringJeff said:
Ephesians 6:12 (ESV): "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

While certain beliefs may be antichristian, to hold a certain person or group of people (e.g. the Jews) as inherently evil and/or outside of God's ability to save is unbiblical. The real power behind the lies and deceptive theologies in the world, etc., is the power of the devil, which a) has already been overcome by Christ's death and resurrection, and b) is the power that Christians are fighting against.

Aren't the rulers and authorities made of flesh and blood?

5stringJeff said:

Ah silly me I expected a member of a cult to explain the Scriptures. . . .all the drones in a cult can do is spout catch phrases like "Jews are God's Chosen People". . . .

His propaganda [Joseph Goebbels] crusades were based on a simple observation: What the masses term truth is that information which is most familiar. As Goebbels put it:
'The rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious. In the long run only he will achieve basic results in influencing public opinion who is able to reduce problems to the simplest terms and who has the courage to keep forever repeating them in this simplified form despite the objections of the intellectuals.(5)'

Pratkanis, Anthony and Aronson, Elliot.“Age of Propaganda": The Everyday Use and Abuse of Persuasion” (New York: 2001) Page 182.

rtwngAvngr said:
Aren't the rulers and authorities made of flesh and blood?

No. The whole point of the passage is that there are demonic influences in the world, against which the Christian is called to stand. Those influences, not the people they influence, are the real enemies. All people in the world are loved equally by God, and Christians are called to love all people equally.

Shamgar said:
Ah silly me I expected a member of a cult to explain the Scriptures. . . .all the drones in a cult can do is spout catch phrases like "Jews are God's Chosen People". . . .

And which cult exactly do you think I belong to, Senor Cut-and-Paste?

Shamgar said:
Oh the 'vast and unlimited knowledge' of jillian in regards to the Scriputres has run dry when it comes to basic terms in the Scriptures. . . .go figure. . . .

I know you aren't particularly bright, but I don't think I ever said what my beliefs are or what my religion is. I was questioning RWA. That concept might be a bit beyond you, though.

Oh...and psssssssssssst.... quoting other anti-semites doesn't give proof of anything...it's just proof of your own anti-semitism and ignorance.

Forum List

Back