Why hasn’t Obama taxed the rich?

We know, asswipe, we know.

Make sure you Supersize my #3 when I show up at noon today, ok??

And don't be out of ketchup either, inbreeder.

And who takes over your job scrubbing toilets while you're out to lunch?

What exactly is wrong with 'scrubbing toilets' for a living?

You think that kind of statement makes your cause somehow 'worthy'? By disrespecting people who earn their living doing jobs like that.... seriously?

Hmmm....let's see. You take ME to task because I made a statement about scrubbing toilets and say nothing about Warrior's comment about serving fast food.

Careful CG, your partisanship is showing. I only made that comment to respond to Warrior.

Actually I see nothing wrong with menial labor. I've done lots of it myself when I was starting out (and yes, it was scrubbing toilets) and would have no problem doing it again if need be. But if nothing else it proves the morons like Warrior wrong that say the poor are nothing more than lazy fucks.

Last edited:
Sure it was the Republicans... They all voted in "goose-step" like always. There was no natural dissension... it was all party politics. The Dems voted in the normal "not everyone agrees" manner that USED to take place in our legislature. The GOP's filibustering, Obstructionist, lockstep bullshit set the stage for the struggles.

If it were a GOP president pushing this agenda(in theory) it would have passed by a mile.

So what you're saying is that Obama tried to pass legislation that was so flawed that he couldn't get his own party to vote for it...but that Republicans should have voted for it anyways and because they didn't...that it's "their" fault? Interesting logic there, Steel.

No.... that's what YOU'RE saying.

I'm saying that because it happens to be exactly what happened. The Democrats held super majorities but those super majorities included moderate Blue Dog Democrats, most of which were newly elected representatives from normally Red states. The fact is, Obama couldn't convince those moderate Democrats to vote for tax increases because they aren't liberal progressives and knew they'd be voted out of office if they backed such flawed legislation. To say that it was GOP "obstructionism" that blocked passage is laughable. It was stupid policy THEN...and it's stupid policy NOW. Obama should thank those Blue Dog Democrats because if they'd caved to Obama, Pelosi and Reid and gone along with getting rid of the Bush tax cuts then the economy would be in far worse shape than it is now and he'd be getting the blame for it.

I belong to no organized party, I'm a Democrat." Will Rogers

It's a good quote. And interesting how the party has changed, isn't it? Today you can't find two Democrats with a meaningful disagreement on any issue. They have the same view on every issue and make the same arguments. How sad the party has fallen. Clearly today the Republicans have very different views in the primaries. Two years ago Hillary and Obama had every bit as bitter a nomination process, without any actual disagreement on any issue. Will would be very sad to see the monolith the party has become.

It isn't the Blue Dogs that are blocking his judicial nominees, that's all GOP

Exactly. And each and every "Blue Dog" in the Senate also voted for Obama care socialized medicine showing that there is nothing conservative about them and as I just pointed out there is in fact no difference between them and every other Nancy Pelosi in the party at all.

And each and every "Blue Dog" in the Senate also voted for Obama care socialized medicine showing that there is nothing conservative about them

If you think Obamacare is "socialized medicine" your definition of that term is EXTREMELY idiosyncratic and basically encompasses anything to the left of letting people die in the streets.

We have the Blue Dogs to thank for the fact that Obamacare doesn't include a public option, which still wouldn't be socialized medicine but would make your statement slightly less absurd than it is.

Forum List

Back