Why hasn’t Obama taxed the rich?

Euro

Aug 27, 2011
Scandinavia
I’ve heard Obama speaking about taxing the rich, why hasn’t he?

If the rich are taxed harder they’ll start working more. At the same time the government can use the extra tax income to employ people, building roads,bridges etc. maintain buidlings. Then they can employ construction workers and increase the demand.

The tricke-down concept dosen’t work since the rich aren’t spending money to keep the demand up. With more taxes the rich will also start working more.

Or they'll just make changes so they don't need as many people & lay them off so that'll help take care of additional taxes they need to pay.

Either way....you should know by now Obama is all talk. I don't and won't believe anything he says until he actually does it.

If the rich are taxed harder they’ll start working more. At the same time the government can use the extra tax income to employ people, building roads,bridges etc. maintain buidlings. Then they can employ construction workers and increase the demand.

The tricke-down concept dosen’t work since the rich aren’t spending money to keep the demand up. With more taxes the rich will also start working more.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

It's a win-win situation.

what?....... If the rich are taxed harder they will start working more?

and then the Federal Government can take that money and Employ people?

How wonderful..we TAXPAYERS get to PAY for MORE Guberment Employees..whoohoo

Who are the rich? Got a figure, i.e. how much must one earn each year to be considered rich?

Who are the rich? Got a figure, i.e. how much must one earn each year to be considered rich?

According the the sheep anyone who makes more than you is rich.

You've defined the problem. Trickle Down doesn't work nor was it ever supposed to work. As Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said it was a "Trojan Horse".

You want good, sustained economic growth? Then establish "Trickle UP Economics". If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand.

If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand

And just exactly how do you put more money in the hands of the poor....
Are you playing Robin hood here?....Raise taxes on the wealthy and give a tax break to the poor...Well from what i hear the poor don't pay taxes...

Does Obama show up at a sports arena with trumpets blaring as he and Michelle throw
money into the air.... WTF !:eek:

what?....... If the rich are taxed harder they will start working more?

and then the Federal Government can take that money and Employ people?

How wonderful..we TAXPAYERS get to PAY for MORE Guberment Employees..whoohoo

If that happened in the past then maybe those 13 people would not have had to die when the I-35 bridge collapsed in Minneapolis.

Our roads and airports are falling apart before our eyes. What do you think happens when the producers cannot ship their products because of a crumbling infastructure?

Of course the Rich don't pay their "fair share' and really need to pay more.

Guess with the 47% who pay no Fed taxes they have to get more money somewhere else.

Wonder what happens when the 47% turn into 50% and beyond??

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

70% of Americans want to raise taxes? Where did you pull that out of? Your fat ass? Hey - if you feel the need to send the government more money, stroke them a fucking check asswipe. Go for it...

ROTF

Trickle Up Econcomics = Soak the Rich

If the poor or middle class want more money, they can get it.

So what's stopping them ?

If you put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class they will spend it and create the demand that, in turn, the wealthy can make money by producing the goods in demand

And just exactly how do you put more money in the hands of the poor....
Are you playing Robin hood here?....Raise taxes on the wealthy and give a tax break to the poor...Well from what i hear the poor don't pay taxes...

Does Obama show up at a sports arena with trumpets blaring as he and Michelle throw
money into the air.... WTF !:eek:

No, dipshit.

And it doesn't surprise me that you would be an expert on how to put more money in the hands of the rich but be totally clueless on how government policies can affect the poor and, more importantly, middle class.

1) Repeal NAFTA. Then we don't have to compete with nations like Mexico.

2) Stop the assault on workers right to organize. Union workers are better paid, better trained and stay in their jobs longer than their non-union counterparts.

3) Repair our crumbling infrastructure.

4) Raise tariffs on imports so again our workers don't have to compete with nations that employ prison labor and have no worker rights.

5) Eliminate laws that allow corporations to hide assets overseas.

This would be a start......

Then what are the rich doing with their money ?

They didn't get rich putting it under their mattresses ?

Or are you looking for some investment tips ?

So, why hasn't President Obama done what 70% of Americans want him to do? Because he's had the single most obstructionist Congress in HISTORY.

70% of Americans want to raise taxes? Where did you pull that out of? Your fat ass? Hey - if you feel the need to send the government more money, stroke them a fucking check asswipe. Go for it...

Yeah, he was wrong about that. It's only 66%.

Sixty-six percent of respondents said that they backed increasing income taxes on individuals earning over $200,000 and families earning at least $250,000, while only 32 percent were opposed.

Poll: Tax the rich, corporations - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Then what are the rich doing with their money ?

They didn't get rich putting it under their mattresses ?

Or are you looking for some investment tips ?

Ummm... Investing OUTSIDE of the country to avoid taxation, Hiding in tax haven countries... just for two examples.

Forum List

Back