Why Has The World Become So Evil?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Is it because God is drawing the Holy Spirit out of this world. Less and less people are being saved. God said, My spirit shall not always strive with man.

Because people like you keep looking for GOD to do what people should do.

FREE WILL, remember?

Get off your knees and stand up and make a difference.

"This doctrine, "the idea that humans are peaceable by nature and corrupted by modern institutions—pops up frequently in the writing of public intellectuals like José Ortega y Gasset ("War is not an instinct but an invention"), Stephen Jay Gould ("Homo sapiens is not an evil or destructive species"), and Ashley Montagu ("Biological studies lend support to the ethic of universal brotherhood")," he writes. "But, now that social scientists have started to count bodies in different historical periods, they have discovered that the romantic theory gets it backward: Far from causing us to become more violent, something in modernity and its cultural institutions has made us nobler.""

Edge: A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE By Steven Pinker

Philip Zimbardo shows how people become monsters ... or heroes | Video on TED.com
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy: Inside a school for suicide bombers | Video on TED.com
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Evil-Ordinary-Genocide-Killing/dp/0195189493/ref=pd_cp_b_2]Amazon.com: Becoming Evil: How Ordinary People Commit Genocide and…[/ame]

"To do evil that good may come of it is for bunglers in politics as well as morals." William Penn

Froggy, stop blaming God for your choices.

Stop assuming that God has nothing for you to do.

Actually repent and change your life to live according to His standards.

And stop denying the revelations of God.

So the church of Joe doesn't believe the world is evil. And that God will strive with man forever. A man made religion will never hold up to God, get right with God and quit being a hypocrite.

If you don't like the message of repentence, don't complain to me froggy. Just stop blaming God when we are responsible for our own sins.

The world has not become more evil. Human beings continue to have the capacity for evil and for good.

froggy, what exactly do you perceive as an uptick in evil? Do you seriously people that people are enagaging in acts of evil in some new numbers? Mebbe we hear about them more -- which hopefully has some deterent or at least cautionary effect -- but I can't think of anything "new" unless you include using new technology to commit old sins.

froggy, what exactly do you perceive as an uptick in evil? Do you seriously people that people are enagaging in acts of evil in some new numbers? Mebbe we hear about them more -- which hopefully has some deterent or at least cautionary effect -- but I can't think of anything "new" unless you include using new technology to commit old sins.

Looking at the past what has always happened when sin became so open as it is today, churches allowing sin to be practiced inside the churches. What did God do to sinful countries in the past.

If you don't like the message of repentence, don't complain to me froggy. Just stop blaming God when we are responsible for our own sins.

Where did i blame God?

You started this thread saying that God is the reason there is more evil in the world because He is withdrawaling his Spirit. That's not the case. He is withdrawaling His Spirit because of the wickedness of the people.

And He will continue to do so until we either repent or until we destroy ourselves. The only solution comes down to individuals repenting.

Where did i blame God?

You started this thread saying that God is the reason there is more evil in the world because He is withdrawaling his Spirit. That's not the case. He is withdrawaling His Spirit because of the wickedness of the people.

And He will continue to do so until we either repent or until we destroy ourselves. The only solution comes down to individuals repenting.
Actually God himself takes credit for creating evil.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I agree with ed, if god created everything, then he created evil too. Coulda just not created any evil if he'd have wanted to.

Forum List

Back