Why Hamas must be completely destroyed

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231167294753&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Despite mounting international pressure for an end to hostilities between Israel and Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip, Hamas declared on Wednesday that it would not accept any permanent cease-fire with Israel. According to the Deputy head of Hamas's political bureau, Moussa Abou Marzouk, the group would not talk about a permanent cease-fire so long as Israel continued its "occupation," and would instead continue the "resistance." He said that Hamas stands by its demand that Israel immediately halts its offensive, withdraws from the Gaza Strip, and opens all of the border crossings.

The borders between Israel and Gaza were closed when Hamas took control of the area in a violent coup against Palestinian Authority forces in June 2007. In July 2008, a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel was signed which permitted the borders to be opened permanently so long as Palestinian rocket fire into Israeli territory ceased. As rocket fire persisted, Israel periodically closed the borders. In December 2008 Hamas declared it would not renew the ceasefire due to Israeli "violations."

Marzouk said, however, that Hamas was studying the various initiatives coming from France, Turkey, Syria and Egypt to bring about a cease-fire.

So, let's see here. Hamas is never going to stop terrorizing Israel and Sarkozy wants Israel to stop and make peace with people who don't want peace. They are openly saying that as long as Israel exists, they will not stop their terror. They believe all of Israel is "occupying" their land.

So, they're not going to stop terrorizing Israel, yet they feel Israel should stop attacking and killing them. Makes COMPLETE sense! :cuckoo:

Do NOT stop, Israel. Not until the last of these animals has been killed. With Hamas wiped out, Fatah will take over and peace can finally be possible. Wipe them out. Wipe them ALL out. Every single last "resistence fighter" until there isn't one left!!!!

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231167294753&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

So, let's see here. Hamas is never going to stop terrorizing Israel and Sarkozy wants Israel to stop and make peace with people who don't want peace. They are openly saying that as long as Israel exists, they will not stop their terror. They believe all of Israel is "occupying" their land.

So, they're not going to stop terrorizing Israel, yet they feel Israel should stop attacking and killing them. Makes COMPLETE sense! :cuckoo:

Do NOT stop, Israel. Not until the last of these animals has been killed. With Hamas wiped out, Fatah will take over and peace can finally be possible. Wipe them out. Wipe them ALL out. Every single last "resistence fighter" until there isn't one left!!!!

There you go----sounding like and Arab again. :lol:

Hamas says no to permanent ceasefire | Middle East | Jerusalem Post

Just don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Israel needs to make sure they provide protection for the innocent while they are seeking to destroy Hamas. If they do not they will only create more terrorist for the future.

Do you believe Al Queda should be wiped out?

I think they should be stopped btu I'm not going to run around shooting my Uzi in the air saying they should all be "wiped out like animals". You sound like a fucking neanderthal caveman. Rhetoric like that doesn't do much for your cause.

I think they should be stopped btu I'm not going to run around shooting my Uzi in the air saying they should all be "wiped out like animals". You sound like a fucking neanderthal caveman. Rhetoric like that doesn't do much for your cause.

Perhaps you've gotten too used to your comfortable life with all of your needs and wants being satisfied at your fingertip. You have no idea what it's like to suffer.

On 9/12, the US made it very clear that we will, without hesitation at all, go in completely and wipe out Al Queda. We have been unsuccessful at doing so because of Iraq, Bush's major blunder. Israel is taking the same tone that we took when we were hit.

Perhaps you've gotten too used to your comfortable life with all of your needs and wants being satisfied at your fingertip. You have no idea what it's like to suffer.

On 9/12, the US made it very clear that we will, without hesitation at all, go in completely and wipe out Al Queda. We have been unsuccessful at doing so because of Iraq, Bush's major blunder. Israel is taking the same tone that we took when we were hit.

You don't know shit about my life, David and as far as YOU doing any suffering becasue of rocket attacks--well that's just absurd.
Israel is fine----running around screaming for all the Palistinian's heads is the talk of a crazy person.

The problem as I see it is this...

Sure the IDF can go in and kill a lot of HAMAS. I can't blame them for trying, either.

They might manage to kill every member of HAMAS.

Then what?

Until Israel can answer that question to the satisfaction of the Palestinians, HAMAS or something like it will keep coming back.

Civil wars are the hardest of all possible wars to win.

And that is what Israel is dealing with.

Israel really has but two choices: genocide or winning the hearts and minds of the Palestinians.

Anything short of one of those is merely a temporary solution.

The problem as I see it is this...

Sure the IDF can go in and kill a lot of HAMAS. I can't blame them for trying, either.

They might manage to kill every member of HAMAS.

Then what?

Until Israel can answer that question to the satisfaction of the Palestinians, HAMAS or something like it will keep coming back.

Civil wars are the hardest of all possible wars to win.

And that is what Israel is dealing with.

Israel really has but two choices: genocide or winning the hearts and minds of the Palestinians.

Anything short of one of those is merely a temporary solution.

You keep saying that. And you keep being shown that the "hearts and mind" thing is a nice thought, but is NEVER going to happen. It can't happen when terrorists show things like "terrorist Mickey mouse".

All that you can hope is that Hamas is gone and Fatah is willing to make an actual peace.

And it isn't a civil war... I'm afraid that's part of the problem in your pov. A civil war requires that the dispute be in one country. The parties here aren't.

You keep saying that. And you keep being shown that the "hearts and mind" thing is a nice thought, but is NEVER going to happen. It can't happen when terrorists show things like "terrorist Mickey mouse".

All that you can hope is that Hamas is gone and Fatah is willing to make an actual peace.

And it isn't a civil war... I'm afraid that's part of the problem in your pov. A civil war requires that the dispute be in one country. The parties here aren't.

We don't have a functioning two nation states, do we? This is more like a civil war than anything else.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

Israel is trying to proove they are just as monsterous as AQ and Hamas.

Yipppeeee, here comes world war three.

TM----there are bad people in the world--they want to kill citizens of certian coutries--they even want to kill countries. How does one deal with them ? (and don't say talk---they WON"T talk ) They HAVE no compromise.

Maybe it is true, Hamas is a party that is not recognized by the international community and probably never will be. If the palestinians would ever have the least bit of hope on a palestinian state then they should get rid of Hamas one way or another. As long as Hamas is in place, their will be little real peace negotiating. The sooner the palestinians themselves will realize it, the better.

They (Hamas) are internationally branded as a terrorist group. They will always be more of a problem then part of a solution (if that is even possible).

And for a WWIII: Not many Arab nations still really support Hamas (support as in military alliance) and if they do, they never really interfere with Isreal. For the moment everyone is just yelling from the sideline, while Hamas and Israel are fighting it out.

Last edited:
only if you think a terrorist organization shooting missiles into cali and texas from Mexico and demanding those states be turned over to Mexico would be considered a civil war.

Mexico is America, it's Central America. We seem to forget there are three America's. North, South and Central.

But that's another topic.

You're forgetting that the Palestinians aren't in a position to oust Hamas in the middle of overt warfare.

Mexico is America, it's Central America. We seem to forget there are three America's. North, South and Central.

But that's another topic.

You're forgetting that the Palestinians aren't in a position to oust Hamas in the middle of overt warfare.

The palestinians knew what hamas was when they voted for them

You act as if this was all some surprise. Israel told them STOP FIRING MISSILES INTO ISRAEL.

Now, you know what? Israel will make them stop lobbing missiles into its country.

(...)
(...)

But Hamas will not be history by doing nothing. Hamas is elected representative. So you have to break the motivation of electors to vote for them.
That you do by ensureing continuous flow of things you need for life: electricity, water, food.
Gaza is a misery camp related to the afore mentioned things. You must give people hope, otherwise they choose (elect) the hardcore option. The situation does not motivate not to vote for the violence option. Hamas gets its elected position from situations within Gaza. All players involved must realize that a solely viewing angle of Hamas being a proxy responsible for all things is wrong. Hamas has many faces: charity organization, income distributor for normal people.
You do upgrade people's life in Gaza and Hamas looses support, Hamas will not go away but it will not stay in administrative power.

only if you think a terrorist organization shooting missiles into cali and texas from Mexico and demanding those states be turned over to Mexico would be considered a civil war.

Jillian , you gave me a red square for saying AQ and Hamas were bad and that Israel is trying to be just as bad and then claim I love Hamas?

Make some sense.

Forum List

Back