Why 'Guns & Ammo' fired Columnist and Gun Advocate Dick Metcalf, 1997

TheMoreYouKnow

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2017
Dick Metcalf, the veteran firearms journalist who was fired from Guns & Ammoafter merely noting that the Second Amendment, like all constitutional rights, should be regulated, has written a new piece for POLITICO Magazine explaining how his 37-year career came to an end.

"All told, I’ve written more than 1,700 articles for firearms publications over the last four decades, as well as hosting and producing several firearms television programs," Metcalf writes. "Under pressure from advertisers, it took Guns & Ammo’s parent company, Intermedia Outdoors—a conglomerate that owns more than 40 shooting and hunting magazines and produces nearly 20 television programs—just three business days to inform me that my association with all InterMedia publications and the Sportsman Channel TV programs I was producing and co-hosting was terminated."

Why 'Guns & Ammo' fired Dick Metcalf

Pretty sad when a gun owner can't bring up an issue without getting chastised here in America.

So much for finding solutions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dick Metcalf, the veteran firearms journalist who was fired from Guns & Ammoafter merely noting that the Second Amendment, like all constitutional rights, should be regulated, has written a new piece for POLITICO Magazine explaining how his 37-year career came to an end.

"All told, I’ve written more than 1,700 articles for firearms publications over the last four decades, as well as hosting and producing several firearms television programs," Metcalf writes. "Under pressure from advertisers, it took Guns & Ammo’s parent company, Intermedia Outdoors—a conglomerate that owns more than 40 shooting and hunting magazines and produces nearly 20 television programs—just three business days to inform me that my association with all InterMedia publications and the Sportsman Channel TV programs I was producing and co-hosting was terminated."

Pretty sad when a gun owner can't bring up an issue without getting chastised here in America.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So you don't like the response you got from your other post, so now open up another one, that continues to make you a dumbass. As typical of a leftard, the Constitution is the foundation for FREEDOM of the people, as long as those people don't infringe upon the rights of others. That is why we have law enforcement, yet once again, the failures of the government come front and center.

FBI, CIA failed to pick up 9/11 clues / Congressional study puts blame on agencies' lack of coordination
The FBI Needs To Explain Why It Failed To Monitor Boston Bombing Suspect Despite A Clear Warning
FBI isn't the only agency that failed to unlock the San Bernardino killer's iPhone
NRA Claims FBI Failed to Stop Orlando Shooter Due to "Political Correctness"
Feds interviewed accused NYC truck attacker in 2015 about possible terror ties
FBI failed to investigate tip about accused Florida school shooter

So here we are, the liberals want to take our 2 amendment rights away and rely on the government to take care of US and yet, many times now, the government FAILED to protect US.. I will keep my weapons and not hesitate to use them in defense of my family or me.

Stupid.jpg

• Banned
So triggered. But NRA has become a right wing Propoganda machine. And so has these gun mag editors.

Good reading..

This guy is what most hunters look like, unlike the extreme nutters ( NRA parrots ) who scream out 2nd amendment, even if it is killing our kids in mass shootings.

So triggered. But NRA has become a right wing Propoganda machine. And so has these gun mag editors.
Defending your Constitutional rights is propoganda? You're an idiot.

So is freakin getting an education..
Agreed, the majority of the education our kids get today is liberal propoganda.

I see Mike shut all of the schools so the NRA has rights..very smart.

Did you start working the farm and dropped school in the 3rd grade.?

Did you start working the farm and drooped school in the 3rd grade.?
LMAO!

No, I didn't droop out of school. Did you droop out of spelling? I love these kinds of posts.

LMAO!

Tell me what has changed since we went to school? We felt safe in school.

Sometimes I regret entering the military to fight the Commies of the cold war. Now we see the idiot commies of the US who are so willingly wanting to give up their freedom.
Why is it you liberal moron, that many of the people of Communist USSR, jumped over the wall, and faced rabid dogs and people with machine guns to come to America, and not people from America jumping the wall to go INTO the USSR?

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

No, I didn't droop out of school. Did you droop out of spelling? I love these kinds of posts.

Ok my bad..I changed it.

LMAO!

Tell me what has changed since we went to school? We felt safe in school.
-------------------------------------------------- big deal , they FELT safe . Thats funny and by the way its DROP and not DROOP EWings !! And by the way , The President TRUMP is coming up in a little bit on FOX as he gives a speech at CPAC EWings .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is because Metcalf went FUDD. FUDDs are universally despised by both sides. Think John McTumor or Lindsey Grhamnesty and you will understand. Dick is no great loss. Nothing but a gun salsman. Honestly, I hope they dump the whole staff at G&A. They have sucked since the 80’s. Right around when Dick M started.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His employer disagreed with the employee, it happens all the time. Is it fair? Not really but the guy who is paying you has a right to fire you. Many jobs are that way. A teacher was fired because of a photo of her on Facebook, which wasn't risque but the school didn't like it. So it happens all the time fair or not. How many reporters have lost their jobs, how many CEOs have lost jobs over behavior, it just happens.

The good news is his free speech wasn't stifled by the government and now he has a platform.

New Topics

Forum List

Back