Why God was invented

Take your damn cat shit somewhere else. Isn't this the guy that was whining about trolls over the weekend???

Until people are willing to discuss their ideas without all the bullshit they interject and repeating all their "scripture" bullshit, you can't expect much else. When all one side has in a single book to repeat a billion times, it gets old, fast, and then to dismiss their opponents just because they don't "believe" in the book and claiming that they just don't "know" the book ... well that's just sad. So yeah, something new in a religious thread is bound to happen from those of us not buying that bullshit.
:confused: This thread isn't about the Bible and it isn't about cats. Just because you get your panties in a twist over an innocent comment about cats doesn't change that fact.
But see, it's not about you either. Filling your diaper over a few off-topic posts merely causes more off-topic posts.

Take your damn cat shit somewhere else. Isn't this the guy that was whining about trolls over the weekend???

Until people are willing to discuss their ideas without all the bullshit they interject and repeating all their "scripture" bullshit, you can't expect much else. When all one side has in a single book to repeat a billion times, it gets old, fast, and then to dismiss their opponents just because they don't "believe" in the book and claiming that they just don't "know" the book ... well that's just sad. So yeah, something new in a religious thread is bound to happen from those of us not buying that bullshit.
:confused: This thread isn't about the Bible and it isn't about cats. Just because you get your panties in a twist over an innocent comment about cats doesn't change that fact.

If I could wear panties still, they would not be in a bunch. Bastet is a goddess, who's servitors are felines, they are the gatherers of lost souls, bringing them back to Anpu for final judgment. So in a discussion about any god, they are still valid.

Only humans have a clear grasp of cause and effect.
Actually, I missed this little tidbit of failed logic and sloppy thinking. Training dogs much? They have a clear grasp of cause and effect. Even lab mice demonstrate this. Almost every animal does, in fact.

See how your vanity led you to an erroneous conclusion?

Actually, I missed this little tidbit of failed logic and sloppy thinking. Training dogs much? They have a clear grasp of cause and effect. Even lab mice demonstrate this. Almost every animal does, in fact.

I doubt they know why their actions cause the effect. But you are free to believe that they do.

I doubt they know why their actions cause the effect. But you are free to believe that they do.
ACTION: rolling over on command. EFFECT: Reward. A nummie and some petting, and praise. They understand cause and effect.

ACTION: rolling over on command. EFFECT: Reward. A nummie and some petting, and praise. They understand cause and effect.
Not really. It only demonstrates that the animal can be trained to behave in a certain way...but it doesn't demonstrate that the animal understands why the behavior causes the effect.

Go ahead, ask your dog: Fido, do you know why I give you a treat when you roll over? More than likely he thinks you get some sadistic pleasure out of the act. :lol: If he thinks at all, of course.

Not really. It only demonstrates that the animal can be trained to behave in a certain way...but it doesn't demonstrate that the animal understands why the behavior causes the effect.

Go ahead, ask your dog: Fido, do you know why I give you a treat when you roll over? More than likely he thinks you get some sadistic pleasure out of the act. :lol: If he thinks at all, of course.
That's all speculation of course. But there's no question your logic fails.

We both agree Mankind created Gods, not the other way around. But my logic as to why is far superior to yours, and isn't based upon the exact same kind of vanity that "inspired" the creation of deities and religions in the first place.

Except that evolution is just a theory, and has never been proven.

Evolution itself is fact, without knowing that we wouldn't be able to develop vaccines.

Actually, no, evolution isn't fact. I think you're confusing mutation with evolution. If evolution were fact, then it still wouldn't be listed as a theory.

There are theories in and of evolution, the fact that it does and can happen remains in tact. As I have recommended to many others, you need to read more than one source. The subject of evolution is far more vast than just one theory or one fact, there's a lot to it. Mutation is also part of evolution, mutation without external influences is in fact one of the many aspects of evolution. It's a misconception to think that it's all just theory, gravity is a theory, nuclear reaction is a theory, computers are theory, helicopters are theory, etc..

We both agree Mankind created Gods, not the other way around. But my logic as to why is far superior to yours, and isn't based upon the exact same kind of vanity that "inspired" the creation of deities and religions in the first place.
Your argument seems to be that it would be illogical to create a God that was a superior version of oneself. I don't understand why that would be illogical.

Your argument seems to be that it would be illogical to create a God that was a superior version of oneself. I don't understand why that would be illogical.
That's not my argument at all. Please go back and read my first post in this thread.

Only humans have a clear grasp of cause and effect. Thus the logical mind of a human is forced to invent God to explain the unexplainable.
Humans who crated Gods in their own image weren't using logic. They were using their fanciful imaginations because Mankind is also the only creature capable of self-importance and vanity.

Intelligence and logic had nothing to do with it.
Why not? It is perfectly logical for someone to create a God in their own image, especially if the one creating said God is arrogant enough to believe that humans are the most worthy creature on the planet (as most humans tend to think of their own kind).

Only humans have a clear grasp of cause and effect. Thus the logical mind of a human is forced to invent God to explain the unexplainable.
Humans who crated Gods in their own image weren't using logic. They were using their fanciful imaginations because Mankind is also the only creature capable of self-importance and vanity.

Why not? It is perfectly logical for someone to create a God in their own image, especially if the one creating said God is arrogant enough to believe that humans are the most worthy creature on the planet (as most humans tend to think of their own kind).
You just agreed with my vanity argument. Logic finally kicked in, for you. Arrogance? Vanity? One certainly follows the other!

Now for your second lesson: Logic is rational, vanity is not. So in creating deities, mankind allowed his vanity to override his logic. Therefore, Gods are the product of mankind's vanity. THAT is why God was invented.

The reality is that they are highly observant, far more than humans, deep, and independent, mostly.
Yup and some of their behavior is easily confused with self-importance and vanity.

Also, if you care for them well enough, they will risk their lives for you, just as any decent family would do.

You're thinking of a well-trained hound

Except that evolution is just a theory, and has never been proven.

Please. Die. The world has enough morons.

If evolution were fact, then it still wouldn't be listed as a theory.

How can you be so fucking stupid? HOW?

You just agreed with my vanity argument. Logic finally kicked in, for you. Arrogance? Vanity? One certainly follows the other!

Now for your second lesson: Logic is rational, vanity is not. So in creating deities, mankind allowed his vanity to override his logic. Therefore, Gods are the product of mankind's vanity. THAT is why God was invented.
That's silly. If mankind were that vain they would have no need to create a God to explain what they don't understand.

For instance if I were to invent a God it would be like me because I have enough of an ego to think I'm pretty special while at the same time I am logical enough to know that I have no omnipotent powers.

When you cannot come up with a logical explanation as to why something happens it is logical to invent a God pulling the strings...especially if you are living in ancient times when people didn't understand simple things like lunar eclipses, etc.

That's silly. If mankind were that vain they would have no need to create a God to explain what they don't understand.
THAT is silly.

Arrogance follows vanity. One must be vain to be arrogant. You said it yourself, mankind is arrogant. Therefore, he is vain.

THAT is silly.

Arrogance follows vanity. One must be vain to be arrogant. You said it yourself, mankind is arrogant. Therefore, he is vain.

I'll concede that arrogance is a necessary condition for vanity, but is it a sufficient condition as well? Are they truly grammatical equivalents?

Forum List

Back