Why give the Homeless Tents?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
The story goes, if you give them tents, they get inside and won't go look for work. They will be multiplying like rabbits in there, and eventually demand more from the citys. Why work when you give them a home and free meals? Would you want a tent city outside your door? Anybodys neighborhood but mine!!!

Thirty-five year old Karissa Vaugh in Seattle is a tent city resident.

"As soon as I lost my job, I kinda of lost my place to live and came here," Vaughn told CBN News. "This is something that, you know, it could happen to anybody. And the preconceived notions I had maybe before about homeless people are out the window."

Aaron Beachage once lived in a $1,200 a month apartment. He now lives out of his van parked at the tent city. "I have been homeless about three months," he said. "I found myself in this predicament through my job as a truck driver, losing my job.

"It feels kind of uncomfortable," she explained. "We don't feel very safe with them there. We're just afraid they might sneak into the building. It just doesn't seem like a very good situation."

Tent Cities: Homeless Villages on the Rise - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Last edited:
yea, bummer.
Where are these peoples families?
Or homeless shelters? ( I know we give, annually, to shelters in our area).
Anyway......better the church or individual give than the government.

And , to get right down to the nitty gritty, how can a tent be homeless?
It is made to be moved from site to site, therefore never really attaining 'home' status.

yea, bummer.
Some homeless shelters turn people away because they're either overcrowded or the shelter has specific rules which prevent the homeless from sleeping there overnight. Overall, it's a dejecting situation for the less than fortunate. Tent cities mitigate some of the problems the homeless face, however often the police move them along or forcibly tear down their tents.

Last edited:
yea, bummer.
Some homeless shelters turn people away because they're either overcrowded or the shelter has specific rules which prevent the homeless from sleeping there overnight. Overall, it's a dejecting situation for the less than fortunate.

yo stoner, skipped right over the family and church solution did we?
and the less fortunate, by way of drugs/alcohol/mental illness, systems are available to you.
man up

yea, bummer.
Some homeless shelters turn people away because they're either overcrowded or the shelter has specific rules which prevent the homeless from sleeping there overnight. Overall, it's a dejecting situation for the less than fortunate. Tent cities mitigate some of the problems the homeless face, however often the police move them along or forcibly tear down their tents.

True, but on many nights here the shelters are empty. They prefer to be street people.

"Tent" city's are not like a normal "camp ground" where people respect their surroundings. Tent cities are disgusting drug infested trash heaps. The more of them that the police tear down the better.

Now if an are was set up for "tenters" that provided shower and toilet facilities i would be all for that. BUT they would have to follow rules about cleanliness and drugs.

Gawd! Why NOT give homeless Americans tents?

We do that for Haitians and Pakistanis and we give Israelis $6 billion/year so they can commit genocide against some of the poorest people on earth.

If we can do all of that then we can provide dirt cheap tents to Americans who have nothing better as they get evicted from their homes and lose their jobs because WALL STREET took the bailouts after FUCKING OUR ECONOMY INTO THE GROUND!

Maybe we should spend $700 billion on the homeless. They surely contribute more to our nation than the biggest banks do.

We are speaking net not gross. And I didn't make up the shit about bailing out the wealthiest folks on earth after they fucked our economy into the ground.

We do that for Haitians and Pakistanis and we give Israelis $6 billion/year so they can commit genocide against some of the poorest people on earth.

If we can do all of that then we can provide dirt cheap tents to Americans who have nothing better as they get evicted from their homes and lose their jobs because WALL STREET took the bailouts after FUCKING OUR ECONOMY INTO THE GROUND!

Maybe we should spend $700 billion on the homeless. They surely contribute more to our nation than the biggest banks do.

We are speaking net not gross. And I didn't make up the shit about bailing out the wealthiest folks on earth after they fucked our economy into the ground.

And just how do you think that would go over? Here is a tent, sorry, but its good enough for our troops it should be good enough for you.

They would fucking blow a gasket!

Personally i am all for giving them tents and knock off this public housing sweet deal they are all getting.

If they don't want the tents let them refuse.

But if we won't even offer tents to homeless millions cast into the cracks by Wall Street barons who killed our economy then we are worth less than Cuba, or North Korea.

But if we won't even offer tents to homeless millions cast into the cracks by Wall Street barons who killed our economy then we are worth less than Cuba, or North Korea.

oh yes, the Wall Street barons, bastages.
This invalidates all other arguments.

yea, bummer.

Why is that? Just like unemployment, you pay taxes for government to take care of the inconvenience they create. And so do the people that need help. Look around you at the vultures, are they going to help you when you fall? Is god going to save you? Let government do it for you, that is why you pay taxes.

Last edited:

You're an idiot. Are you saying the majority of Haitians and Pakistanis are mentally ill? The homeless, for the most part, are homeless because they're mentally ill and won't be confined. Morons like you objected to institutionalizing them in the 70s and 80s, so they were turned out on the streets to sink or swim.

The most direct and cynical answer I can provide is that Israel makes a better trading partner than a tent city. Then again--and this is not a well-kept secret of the American government--we spend more money handing out military training and arms than humanitarian supplies anyway.

Shutting down industry and eliminating jobs killed our economy. The barons, pfft.

yea, bummer.

Why is that? Just like unemployment, you pay taxes for government to take care of the inconvenience they create. And so do the people that need help. Look around you at the vultures, are they going to help you when you fall? Is god going to save you? Let government do it for you, that is why you pay taxes.

really?
I do NOT pay taxes for the gov to take care of me. I pay taxes for the gov to PROTECT MY RIGHTS AND TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERIKA.
wtf is wrong with you?

yea, bummer.

really?
I do NOT pay taxes for the gov to take care of me. I pay taxes for the gov to PROTECT MY RIGHTS AND TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERIKA.
wtf is wrong with you?

I am my brothers keeper.

Shutting down industry and eliminating jobs killed our economy. The barons, pfft.

Bullshit. The recession began with Bear Stearns and Lehman bros collapse followed by an emergency bailout for the banks in one week, no questions asked or else.

'And the people that need help'
surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre. they were productive members of society until they fell upon such desperate hard times?
let 'em rake in the unemployment payouts..........when that runs out.........hmmmmm

HOMELESS TENTS....ROAMING THE STREETS.......ATTACKING THE OLDER, MORE STEADFAST TENTS.........OVERRUNNING THE UPCOMING UPSTART TENTS............gmafb

Forum List

Back