Why Germany keeps wiring billions to its farmers.

• Banned
Julia Klöckner, Germany’s agriculture minister, heard Gerloff’s call for help. In August, she promised farmers up to €340 million ($394 million) to cope with this summer’s drought and the payments have started flowing. Federal and state agencies will compensate half of the damages a farmer suffered.

The emergency aid will come on top of €11 billion German farmers already receive each year from the European Union and the German state (see chart below). This combination of emergency support and annual subsidies seems illogical. But it is the result of a decades-old system to support agricultural businesses in Germany and Europe. The upshot is that farmers, unlike other businesses, can use EU and German rules to mitigate their most obvious business risk. For them, that risk is the weather.

Why do you come up with 2017/2018 articles? It is the right thing to do, anyway. My apple juice went up to 1,19 € from 89 Cent last year. Now it is back to 89 Cent.
US weather observers have predicted another drought for this year, maybe even worse than last year´s.

• Banned
Why do you come up with 2017/2018 articles? It is the right thing to do, anyway. My apple juice went up to 1,19 € from 89 Cent last year. Now it is back to 89 Cent.
US weather observers have predicted another drought for this year, maybe even worse than last year´s.

On the defensive again?

On the defensive again?
Don´t babble at me this way. Anything on topic, for example why you think it is wrong to help farmers...?

• Banned

On the defensive again?
Don´t babble at me this way. Anything on topic, for example why you think it is wrong to help farmers...?

Where did I say that?

Putting words into my head now?

You actually believed they saved you money because your apple juice went back down by 30 cents?

This summer’s drought prompted Berlin once again to give hundreds of millions of euros to German farmers. Clever lobbying has turned the agricultural industry into the biggest recipient of subsidies.

Land of milk and honey.

Cash chows: Why Germany keeps wiring billions to its farmers

Germany is run by insane idiots
The country is finished: low birth rates by natives, de-industrializing, de-Christianization, rising of Islam and LGBTQ, almost 80% of 'politicians good-for-nothing-corrupted morons.Still capable citizens leaving the country in droves.

It is not uncommon for construction projects to become more expensive than originally planned. But an example from Hessen shows just how much the costs can exceed the actual budget. A cycle path along the Rhine bank road B42 between Lorchhausen and Rüdesheim will cost a total of 115 million euros.

As the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" (FAZ) reports, only 39 million euros were estimated at the start of construction. Almost 13 years later, the cycle path has still not been completed. And: Today, the second construction phase alone costs around 39 million euros. It was opened just a few days ago.

115 million euros in taxes for 11 kilometers of cycle path

Irres Bauvorhaben in Hessen: Neuer Radweg kostet zehn Millionen Euro pro Kilometer

Forum List

Back