Why G-d, why did he have to say it was imminent?

nbdysfu

Nov 17, 2003
**Um, Kerry I mean. **

WHAT KERRY SAID
Tue Feb 10, 4:00 AM ET Add Op/Ed - New York Post to My Yahoo!

Democratic front-runner John Kerry (news - web sites)'s response to President Bush (news - web sites)'s "Meet the Press" interview Sunday was as predictable as it was disingenuous.

"It appears that he was telling the American people stories in 2002," said the junior senator from Massachusetts.

"Back then, President Bush repeatedly told the American people that Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) 'has got chemical weapons.' . . . And it was on that basis that he sent American sons and daughters off to war."

Yes, that's what George W. Bush was telling the American people.

Then again, so was John Kerry.

In a lengthy speech on the Senate floor on Oct. 9, 2002, Kerry declared that "in the four years since UNSCOM inspectors were forced out [of Iraq (news - web sites)], Saddam Hussein has continued his quest for weapons of mass destruction."

And not just his quest: Kerry told the Senate that Saddam "has chemical and biological weapons, as well as missiles with ranges in excess of the 150 kilometers restriction imposed by the United Nations (news - web sites)."

Moreover, he said, "Iraq has maintained its chemical weapons effort over the last four years."

Then Kerry declared that "a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region."

And he added that "it would be naive to the point of grave danger not to believe that, left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge or stumble into a future, more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world."

Even the fact that the Bush administration hadn't conclusively linked Saddam directly to the events of 9/11 didn't matter to Kerry 16 months ago.

"Can we afford to ignore the possibility that Saddam Hussein might accidentally, as well as purposely, allow those weapons to slide off to one group or other in a region where weapons are the currency of trade? How do we leave that to chance?"

We don't.

Which is precisely what President Bush has been saying all along.

Clearly, John Kerry was convinced - indeed, his 2002 speech makes a compelling case for why military action against Saddam Hussein was necessary.

Now he's running for president, and seeking the support of the leftward-leaning Democratic primary electorate.

So anything goes.

But he would do well to re-read the speech before leveling additional charges against Bush. And making himself look even sillier than he already does.

:cof:

kerry after G.W. is done with him:blowup: :blowup: the democrats after G.W. is through with them:boohoo: :boohoo: the Majority of us after G.W. is re-elected:dance: :thewave: :dance2: :cheers2: :D

Originally posted by modman
Can't stop laughing. :D

If Kerry is a hypocrite then what defines Bush?

I would hardly define him as a hypocrite. He spoke loud and clearly and then followed through with his words.

Something tells me that protesting outside the gates of Baghdad wouldn't have done anything to persuade Saddam.

Originally posted by jon_forward
kerry after G.W. is done with him:blowup: :blowup: the democrats after G.W. is through with them:boohoo: :boohoo: the Majority of us after G.W. is re-elected:dance: :thewave: :dance2: :cheers2: :D

They may be dancin' on wall street, but on main street they are jobless. I wonder what you do? I'd like to hear from you when there is some slant eyed prick doing your job? It just does'nt hit home for you cause you're obviously well off.

Can't stop laughing. :D

If Kerry is a hypocrite then what defines Bush?

This thread is about kerry. And he's a hypocrite. But since your asking, Bush is defined by a willingness to protect America's interests, even when the international community is not completely on board. Libs are more concerned with appearing "enlightened" in the international intellectual community.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I would hardly define him as a hypocrite. He spoke loud and clearly and then followed through with his words.

Something tells me that protesting outside the gates of Baghdad wouldn't have done anything to persuade Saddam.

As usually you pull Iraq out of your pocket. How about his constant lying about the economy. If all the republicans plan to is debate about war on terrorism they are going to be in serious trouble. Bush says economy is strong and its getting stronger. On the other hand Kerry tells you the truth.

As usually you pull Iraq out of your pocket. How about his constant lying about the economy. If all the republicans plan to is debate about war on terrorism they are going to be in serious trouble. Bush says economy is strong and its getting stronger. On the other hand Kerry tells you the truth.

So what lies have been told about the economy? Please be as specific as possible.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
This thread is about kerry. And he's a hypocrite. But since your asking, Bush is defined by a willingness to protect America's interests, even when the international community is not completely on board. Libs are more concerned with appearing "enlightened" in the international intellectual community.

Is he not willing then to protect American jobs? I'm sure the rougly 3,000,000 people not working don't have an interest in it.

So what lies have been told about the economy? Please be as specific as possible.

Well, here you go then you asked for it:

Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy are creating jobs - NOT TRUE!

The recession was all the fault of Clinton and then
Sept. 11, 2001 - NOT TRUE

The White House said that the 2001 tax cut would create 800,000 jobs by the end of 2002. [White House Press Release, 6/7/02] - NOT TRUE

The Bush Council of Economic Advisers predicted that 510,000 jobs would be created by the end of 2003. [Council of Economic Advisers, 2/4/03] - NOT TRUE

President Bush predicted that “our budget will run a deficit that will be small and short-term.”
[2002 State of the Union] - NOT TRUE

Source for what he specifically said?

Sept. 11, 2001 - NOT TRUE

Source for where he specifically said this, and when?

The White House said that the 2001 tax cut would create 800,000 jobs by the end of 2002. [White House Press Release, 6/7/02] - NOT TRUE

Sounds like a projection and they didn't meet their goals. I'm sure you can see the difference between that and a lie.

The Bush Council of Economic Advisers predicted that 510,000 jobs would be created by the end of 2003. [Council of Economic Advisers, 2/4/03] - NOT TRUE

Sounds like another prediction that didn't come to fruition. I'm sure you can see the difference between that and a lie.

President Bush predicted that “our budget will run a deficit that will be small and short-term.”
[2002 State of the Union] - NOT TRUE

Do you not understand what the word 'prediction' means?

So, no lies, would you like to try again?

Care to explain what you mean by this?

An answer to my question would be nice. Of course it isn't mandatory, but neither is your presence on this board.

Is he not willing then to protect American jobs? I'm sure the rougly 3,000,000 people not working don't have an interest in it.

Protectionist tactics will hurt the nation in the long run. In the short run, it will be hard. No doubt. Life doesn't come with guarantees.

Job growth is the final phase in any economic recovery, which we are not in yet, so to say it is untrue is just being ignorant !

Please provide a link to where Bush made this direct claim. Also you do understand that the enconomy is a cyclic system and that after any growth phase there will be downturn, I could educate you on economic cycles if you would like.

Notice the word predictions ! When someone predicts something it is not the same as saying it as fact, therefore, how could you lie about it !

Dean predicted he would win the nomination, too !:laugh:

It never ceases to amaze me how people make statement with absolutely no knowledge of what they are taking about.

Please enlighten me on your knowledge and experience with economics, other than your savings account.

Source for what he specifically said?

Source for where he specifically said this, and when?

Sounds like a projection and they didn't meet their goals. I'm sure you can see the difference between that and a lie.

Sounds like another prediction that didn't come to fruition. I'm sure you can see the difference between that and a lie.

Do you not understand what the word 'prediction' means?

So, no lies, would you like to try again?

Obviously the truth hurts because you flat out sound like what I have said is stuff that I made up. He said tax cuts are key for job growth. It's hard to create jobs when they are outsourced and then they priase that. Sick. Bush said he inherited a debt, everyone knows this and if you need a source then you are much stupider than I thought. I know what prediction means. He may have been predicting these figures for China, Japan, Malaysia etc... Quit making it sound like I make these things up. When someone comes out and says they expect 800,000 jobs to be created and end up losing jobs, people wonder why they would say such things, and it comes across as lies because in reality they are trying to sugar coat what is a failing economy.

Forum List

Back