Why feminism is wrong

Damn, it would hard to find a dumber group of women! Where do they live, fantasy land, if a woman chooses a career over children that is her choice, if she chooses children that's her choice. She can do both, many do.

I love how life for some has to have a devil, the devil in this video is feminism. It seems that as we change, as things evolve into other types of behavior, there will always be those who wish they still lived in some imaginary past. Or will glorify some aspect of their behavior and down all the others who live differently.

a quote from one heck of a woman

"I used to go on college campuses 25 years ago and announce I was a feminist, and people thought it meant I believed in free love and was available for a quick hop in the sack. ... Now I go on college campuses and say I'm a
feminist, and half of them think it means I'm a lesbian. How'd we get from there to here without passing "Go"?

Molly Ivins

Feminism is like any other ism... Trouble. When they try to remove half the population there's a problem. I'm not saying that all women should go home and raise their families. It should be a choice women can make with out being looked down upon by the modern world.

Feminism is like any other ism... Trouble. When they try to remove half the population there's a problem. I'm not saying that all women should go home and raise their families. It should be a choice women can make with out being looked down upon by the modern world.

How did women get that choice?

How did women get that choice?

I have to agree with you. It should be a choice between equals. If a woman chooses career over family, so be it. Same with a man. If a woman chooses children, as long as her partner agrees or she holds him not to account, fine too.

Now if they are committed, which both should be IMO when having children, there should be discussion of which, if either, are going to stay home with the children and for how long. Preferably the discussion takes place before the first child is born.

I did so, I would advise anyone involved to get it in writing. A sort of post-nup, to the pre-nup. :shock:

some open minded and well meaning white guys gave it to them
just like those guys that freed the slaves

The winners freed the slaves (eventually).

But your point that men gave women the vote is right. Men assumed to themselves the right to run things for how long? When did the first woman get into a western parliament? It's debatable but in my state women were permitted to stand for parliament in 1894 but it wasn't until the early part of teh 20th Century that women were actually elected to western parliaments to the best of my knowledge.

Men had had suffrage in the UK and in Australia for many years before, why hadn't women been given suffrage when male universal suffrage became a reality? Why? Because women were considered second-class citizens. Women had to struggle in many places to get the vote, there was so much resistance to them having it. Yes, early feminists, suffragettes, had to fight to get the right for women to vote in many places. It wasn't "given", it was demanded and won.

Forum List

Back