Why exercise makes you thin:

Hey, Here is the overview why exercise is a critical to the weight-loss strategy as in the fitnessmagazine

1. Exercise trims inches.
2. Exercise curbs emotional eating.
3. Exercise creates a healthy chain reaction.
4. Exercise boosts metabolism.
5. Exercise stops hunger.
6. Exercise ups energy.
7. Exercise brings on the fun.
8. Exercise zaps belly fat.
9. Exercise controls calories.
10. Exercise keeps lost pounds MIA.

Last edited:
exercise helps with emotional issues too. If you exercise you will be less likely to be morose and need carbs to feel better.

I've only really been a gym rat once in my life. I was in my thirties and handling a very difficult appeal, made thousands of times worse by the meddling of every supervising attorney on earth, or so it felt. Every morning (yup, 7 days a week) I did 90 minutes in the gym for almost 18 months...and never lost a pound or an inch. Didn't change a damned thing about my appearance.

It did, however, help me greatly in managing my rage. I wanted to murder almost every supervising attorney involved in this debacle. I had great, intricate fantasies about doing each of them in in especially fitting ways -- they really were driving me absolutely batshit. With the exercise I was able to hang on to my temper and my job, and eventually file a winning brief.

I never had to deal with that much sustained rage again, but I wouldn't hesitate to cope in the same way. Maybe exercise isn't all it should be for my physical well-being but it sure did the trick emotionally.

I'm a week into my exercise/diet routine and it's made a world of difference. Feel better, eat less, more energy, no afternoon naps, sleep better at night, better appetite when I do eat, more self-confidence, etc etc. It's easy. Eat only at meals 3 x/day, no snacking whatsoever, no junk food or sodas, and ride my bike for at least 1/2 hour. I've already lost 5 lbs. And I'm saving money not eating out (well- that's free sometimes :D) and not buy junk foods.

I've only really been a gym rat once in my life. I was in my thirties and handling a very difficult appeal, made thousands of times worse by the meddling of every supervising attorney on earth, or so it felt. Every morning (yup, 7 days a week) I did 90 minutes in the gym for almost 18 months...and never lost a pound or an inch. Didn't change a damned thing about my appearance.

It did, however, help me greatly in managing my rage. I wanted to murder almost every supervising attorney involved in this debacle. I had great, intricate fantasies about doing each of them in in especially fitting ways -- they really were driving me absolutely batshit. With the exercise I was able to hang on to my temper and my job, and eventually file a winning brief.

I never had to deal with that much sustained rage again, but I wouldn't hesitate to cope in the same way. Maybe exercise isn't all it should be for my physical well-being but it sure did the trick emotionally.

Then you were either:

-Too thin and actually gaining muscle
-Eating more than you were burning
-Exercising improperly

It wasn't the Exercises' fault you weren't losing.

exercising with weights should make you gain weight unless you have spahgetti arms.

Exercise makes you feel good and it has the added advantage of making you look good too!

Of course sex it pretty good on all counts, if you do it right.:razz:

Exercise doesn't make you slim, calorie and portion control make you slim. And ask anyone you know that has six-pack abs, they'll tell ya': It's all about diet.

I've done some research on how alcohol makes you stupid; yet colorful.

passed-out-drunk.jpeg

hilarious-drunk-man.jpg

1e5b353e4a81fabb981ed047374ef8ef.jpg

Every morning (yup, 7 days a week) I did 90 minutes in the gym for almost 18 months...and never lost a pound or an inch. Didn't change a damned thing about my appearance.

That's where you screwed up.
Look up Mentzer " Heavy Duty".
I work out once a week for 20 minutes or so..........but I walk several miles a day.

wow mike mentzer haven't heard about him in 20yrs.
Gotta luv the bust ass 1 set routine

I have visited your mention link. I have read the reasons that why exercise makes you thin. I am agree that due to the exercises it burns the fat and reduce the calories. I am appreciated for your valuable work.

Ladies, resistance training and proper diet is the only right way to lose pounds.

Cardio alone is not enough. Dieting alone is not enough.

You need to build muscle. Don't be afraid of weights. You aren't going to look like a meat head unless you artificially change your hormone levels. You aren't naturally built to have huge muscles.

Burn more calories than you take in, and resistance train. I promise you that you'll lose weight.

Forum List

Back