Why Exactly Does Romney Want Fewer Firefighters, Police and Teachers?

My property taxes have gone up over 500% in the past 15 years but my pay is down & we get fewer city services. WTF!!! We built a big new state of the art fire house after 9/11 & filled it with all new equipment. I see these firemen drive the big shinny new fire truck to the grocery store to buy bag loads of choice cuts of expensive steaks & all the fixings to go back to the station & have a big gourmet meal. The city population is smaller than it was 70 years ago when the previous small fire station was built. But none of this has stopped the fireman from standing outside the polls on election day begging for more & more money.

500% ago we had free trash service & a huge city park out my back door. Now the city sold the park to make ends meet & took away the free trash service.

Has your city had any fires in the past 15 years?

Nothing serious that I can remember. Strict building codes have made fires a thing of the past. One load of trash caught fire so the trash man dumped it in the middle of a parking lot. The firemen cam & put it out & the trash company loaded it back into the truck & hauled it off.

Yeah because no one drives cars or has plumbing or anything anymore right?

There is still demand for skilled labor

What was wrong with the America that built here almost everything we used? What was wrong with an America where a regular guy, working in a factory, could make wages that allowed him to buy a home and support a family on that one income?

What was so wrong with that that it had to be changed?

What's wrong with it is that it got too fucking expensive to afford to buy those products that used to be made here.

You're stupid.

What was wrong with the America that built here almost everything we used? What was wrong with an America where a regular guy, working in a factory, could make wages that allowed him to buy a home and support a family on that one income?

What's wrong with it is that it got too fucking expensive to afford to buy those products that used to be made here.

You're stupid.
Brilliant.

Romney wants a world where whenever possible, whenever human activity takes place that involves the delivery of goods and/or services,

somewhere in the world, somebody makes a profit off it.

So would you deliver goods and or services for free?

My credit union is NON-PROFIT. My electric co-op is NON-PROFIT. I get better service at better prices from both of them compared to what the for-profit alternatives have to offer.

Romney wants a world where whenever possible, whenever human activity takes place that involves the delivery of goods and/or services,

My credit union is NON-PROFIT. My electric co-op is NON-PROFIT. I get better service at better prices from both of them compared to what the for-profit alternatives have to offer.
And all the employees are volunteers, right?

Nonprofit CEO Pay Topping $1 Million Rises With Scrutiny - Bloomberg

Nonprofit CEO Pay Topping $1 Million Rises With Scrutiny
By Jeff Green - Sep 17, 2012 12:01 AM ET

Who Is the Highest Paid Nonprofit Executive?

More than 20 nonprofit groups, from New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America to Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, paid top executives more than $1 million a year in 2010 and 2011, the Chronicle of Philanthropy found.

The tally, an increase from 15 such pay packages in the previous study, showed chief executive officers or other leaders at 23 nonprofit charities and foundations had taxable compensation exceeding $1 million, the Chronicle said in a study to be released today.

....​

Wow holy shit what a bad thing.......and what exactally is wrong with this?

And you and Obama want to live in a world where noone makes a profit, except the people on the central committee..say like Cuba

Why can my non-profit credit union provide better banking services, at lower cost, than a for-profit bank?

You're stupid.

OOOHHHH once again you skewer me with you rapier like wit. Next time pull out all the stops with an, "Oh Yeah?"

moron.

Last edited:
IMAGE_1000000555.JPG

So companies decide where the roads go?

No, that would be government.

So companies build roads over quicksand.

No, because government won't let them.

So companies build roads that last 15 minutes.

No, because government issues "standards".

Ha!

"Standards"

Something Republicans don't have and don't believe in.

You think that non profits don't mark up their goods and services?

Of course they do if cost goes up....They would have to.

Let me put it this way.

Do you think non profits sell everything at their cost?

The whole nonprofit thing is a scam. Nonprofit business simply have to spend all their profit every year. That does not necessarily make them better companies to deal with.

Last edited:

Of course they do if cost goes up....They would have to.

Let me put it this way.

Do you think non profits sell everything at their cost?

The whole nonprofit thing is a scam. Nonprofit business simply have to spend all their profit every year. That does not necessarily make them better companies to deal with.

My wife works for one......Now they don't get profit...But they do pay the executives damn good....Something like $600,000 a year for the CEO..... I don't care if he gets good pay if he does his job but that's still a cost.

so you work at a non profit?

Just a suggestion: Before you run with a liberal talking point, take the time to read the other side of the story first.

Now, the fact is that the vast majority of funding for firemen, teachers, and policemen comes from local and state tax dollars. Furthermore, the decision to hire firemen, teachers, and policemen is a local decision, not a federal one.

And in many cases federal subsidies for firemen, teachers, and policemen have had the predictable effect of enabling localities to live beyond their means and to put off their day of reckoning.

Romney has made it clear that if a state or county feels it needs more policemen or troopers, then he's all for hiring more of them, provided there is a real need and provided the additional cost is sustainable. You know: live within your means, don't spend more than you can afford.

Forum List

Back