Why everyone's connections with everyone else is troubling...

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Folks, DJA futures are down almost 170 points and it looks the Dow is heading for another down day. The nation's 4th largest bank is in limbo and even the though the bailout bill has been passed, we have a credit market that's drier than the Sahara desert right now. Auto dealerships around the country are closing fast and two of the country's 50 states are on the verge of bankruptcy. People's 401k statements are going to be coming back this week and the DOW has lost nearly 10% of its value in the past month. We are in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and you guys are busy pointing fingers at who McCain and Obama associate themselves with. Both McCain AND Obama are great Americans who love this country more than anything. Their philosophies on how to deal with this economy are different, yes, but neither candidate would ever do anything to hurt this country. Please, stop these accusations of who's associated with who, and focus on what's really important.

It would appear that in the past couple of days, partisans from both parties have exponentially increased the slime-swinging; radicalizing themselves in preparation for the final stretch. And everybody thinks they have a chance- they just have to dig up filth on 'the other guy' and propagate it endlessly, or at least more than the other side.

You do know what will be said when one of these men wins the race don't you? After months upon months of endless name calling, and some dishonorable ads on both sides. You will hear the winner appeal to the losing side with word such as " now it's time for us all to come together as Americans" which as history has shown is nothing but talk. I am sure not one thing will change with the election of Barack Obama or John McCain and the endless "name calling" will continue and our government will continue to make unwise choices based partisan choices rather than common sense. Thats the real shame in all this.

You do know what will be said when one of these men wins the race don't you? After months upon months of endless name calling, and some dishonorable ads on both sides. You will hear the winner appeal to the losing side with word such as " now it's time for us all to come together as Americans" which as history has shown is nothing but talk. I am sure not one thing will change with the election of Barack Obama or John McCain and the endless "name calling" will continue and our government will continue to make unwise choices based partisan choices rather than common sense. Thats the real shame in all this.
yup
thats how i see it too

Ya' got that, Navy.

The politics of character assassination will continue becuase it appeals to many people with the political acumen of children.

Remember when the term liberal wasn't an epithet and was merely a descrption of a particular political approach?

Well now we see people who use the word to describe ANYTHING that government does that they personally don't like.

When nitwits on this board start calling BUSH II a liberal, you know the word has lost all meaning.

Ya' got that, Navy.

The politics of character assassination will continue becuase it appeals to many people with the political acumen of children.

Remember when the term liberal wasn't an epithet and was merely a descrption of a particular political approach?

Well now we see people who use the word to describe ANYTHING that government does that they personally don't like.

When nitwits on this board start calling BUSH II a liberal, you know the word has lost all meaning.
i wouldnt call Bush 43 a liberal as much as i would call him a moderate
he clearly hasnt been a conservative

I do have one positive thing to say about all this though, and thats with the all the things going wrong in the economy and the recent actions by our own congress has finally I believe drawn the publics attention to the terrible way our elected officials have conducted themselves. Perhaps, just perhaps, this will provide some sort of stimulation to really "throw the bums out"

Bush is a corporatist.

Always has been.

I just never understood why conservatives were licking his posterior for years.

I do have one positive thing to say about all this though, and thats with the all the things going wrong in the economy and the recent actions by our own congress has finally I believe drawn the publics attention to the terrible way our elected officials have conducted themselves. Perhaps, just perhaps, this will provide some sort of stimulation to really "throw the bums out"
no, it wont
because its not "my bum" that is the problem
its yours

that is how its always done

Forum List

Back