Why everyone should stand for the national anthem

Firstly we are not a dictatorship where people have to devote themselves to the flag or country. Authoritarian regimes do that. It should not matter if someone stands or sits for the national anthem.

Secondly, we aren’t the most free nation in the world. Perhaps that was true in 1917, but not in 2017. But most Americans believe that because they’ve never stepped foot outside of North America.

Last, you cannot expect a group of individuals to celebrate a nation that has oppressed them for hundreds of year. Some black people do stand for the flag and others choose not. The ones who choose not to have a damn good reason for doing so.

You're right about that: We're not a dictatorship where high-paid sports figures and personality cults use media resources to tell us how we're supposed to feel. Just as they're free to make total asses out of themselves, I'm free to change the channel or refuse to support them with my wallet.

You're very misguided on the second point too: This is the most free and most exemplary nation that ever existed. While other countries were based on hundreds of years of oppression, war, religious persecution, excess taxes, serfdom, tyranny, and subjugation of their citizens, America is the one country where people came to escape all those things. And if you truly feel that you're not free here, you're always welcome to go live in another country. Try that in Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, China, or North Korea.

I seriously have trouble believing that those poor "kneelers" are really concerned about "oppression". Those rich 1-percenters seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, do you really think they care about you? If they really were so concerned, why aren't they doing anything, besides making a laughingstock out of themselves and a farce out our national sport, I mean? What kind of charitable things have they done? There's all kinds of slave-trading going on today in Northern Africa, but we don't hear anything from those idiot "kneelers", do we?

What a bunch of phonies. Big, fat, second-rate phonies.
AKA...Black people who make money shouldn't offend my sense of right and wrong...

Not quite. Black people who are successful shouldn't be offended by their success. They should be grateful for living in a country that allows them to be successful. Had their distant relatives no been brought here as slaves, they would would be living in some mud hut swatting flies.

Find out why disrespecting the American flag is so controversial

The American flag represents the most free nation in the history of the world and that alone should be something to stand for.

Joy Villa breaks down how the NFL’s kneeling controversy has been misguided, misdirected, and all-around ungrateful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joy is always right on the money she is a great singer and so pretty it's great to see some people still get what respect is. Looked beautiful during the grammy awards.

View attachment 162285

"The American flag represents the most free nation in the history of the world ..."
And that includes free speech, whether you agree with what they are saying or not. Respect and value your country by respecting the right to free speech.

Should I respect and value my country by exercising my Second Amendment right to own as many firearms as I want too? Or is that bad?

Forum List

Back