Why Evangelical Christians Support Israel

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
http://www.patrobertson.com/Speeches/IsraelLauder.asp

Is their argument solid? Why doesn't the other 2/3 also support Israel?
It should be noted that today Christianity, with well over two billion adherents, is by far the fastest growing religion in the world. Within twenty years, that number will swell to three billion. Of these, at least six hundred million are Bible-believing evangelicals and charismatics who are ardent supporters of the nation of Israel. In twenty years, that number will reach one billion. Israel has millions of Christian friends in China, in India, in Indonesia, throughout Africa and South America, as well as North America.

ScreamingEagle said:

1. It's from Pat Robertson, who is considered by most to be a nut.

2. Islam is the fastest growing religion, this article is incorrect.

3. There are errors in facts of that article, which makes it hard to give credit to an argument when it contains false information.

Evangelical Christians support Israel because they are locked in to the eschatology of their end time dogma. Never mind that <i>The Revelation of Jesus Christ ... unto his servant John</i> addresses the excesses of Rome in the period in which it was written. And don't forget, the POTUS claims to be an evangelical Christian, and he has his finger on the trigger. He's just squirrely enough to pull it too.

ScreamingEagle said:

Well, if I'm understanding what you are asking and reading Robertson correctly, he makes a logical fallacy or perhaps it was just a rhetorical slight of hand. He sets up that evangelicals are 1/3 of Christianity today, and they support Israel; leaving the impression that the other 2/3 doesn't.

I would say that there are people that would claim to be 'Evangelicals', and be at best claim 'anti-zionism' if not truly antii-Semitic. Of course, most mainstream Evangelicals would not agree that these people are Evangelical at all. A probable good site and discussion of defining 'Evangelical', can be found here: http://www.wheaton.edu/isae/defining_evangelicalism.html

On the other hand, there are many Christians who are not Evangelicals and also strong supporters of Israel, we are by Robertson's definition in that 2/3 that he is speaking of.

Problem here is that good Ol Pat has a tendency to make up facts out of thin air. By most accounts Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world to date. Why? Who knows.

Secondly, the evangelicals support Israel because they want to see the Temple rebuilt as it would indicate to them the start of the end times. The evangelicals dont support Israel, they want Israel to rebuild the damn Temple so that Jesus will walk amongst them once again. Why? Beats the hell out of me. What I don't understand is why they dont all just kill themselves? Surely it would get them to Jesus faster... No?

PsuedoGhost said:
Problem here is that good Ol Pat has a tendency to make up facts out of thin air. By most accounts Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world to date. Why? Who knows.

Secondly, the evangelicals support Israel because they want to see the Temple rebuilt as it would indicate to them the start of the end times. The evangelicals dont support Israel, they want Israel to rebuild the damn Temple so that Jesus will walk amongst them once again. Why? Beats the hell out of me. What I don't understand is why they dont all just kill themselves? Surely it would get them to Jesus faster... No?

I think that they wanna be around for the celebration.

PsuedoGhost said:

Why dont they just kill themselves? Do you honestly have to answer that? Why do you not kill yourself? Well thats pretty self evident. You want to live. Which is quite natural. Why would you think others dont? Especially when on believes in Christ and understands the price He paid that we might live.

As for the Temple. The temple doesnt signify the beginning of the end times. in fact its not needed till the end of it. The end times began a long time ago. However, people want to rush the end result. I dont. There is way too much to do before then and not enough people to do it with.

God said that He will bless those who bless ISrael and curse those who curse Israel.

Paul reminded the Christians not to get all uppity; the Jews were cut off for a time so that we would have the chance to be grafted into the family.

Jesus' parents were not Mr. and Mrs. Christ; He and they were Jewish. So were the heroes of the Old Covenant.

When the Church Age comes to an end and the Christians leave in a flash when the Great Restrainer is removed from the face of the Earth, God will redirect His attention to making darned sure that the Jews remember who He is, and will deal harshly with those who are against Him and have done wrong to Israel. At this time, our Jewish friends will recognize Christ for who He is and will turn to Him. This, we know, because Revelation makes it clear.

Considering these things, why wouldn't Christians feel compelled to support Israel? I don't need a lawyer turned TV preacher to tell me we oughta support our friends in Israel! :banana:

Denton said:
God said that He will bless those who bless ISrael and curse those who curse Israel.

Paul reminded the Christians not to get all uppity; the Jews were cut off for a time so that we would have the chance to be grafted into the family.

Jesus' parents were not Mr. and Mrs. Christ; He and they were Jewish. So were the heroes of the Old Covenant.

When the Church Age comes to an end and the Christians leave in a flash when the Great Restrainer is removed from the face of the Earth, God will redirect His attention to making darned sure that the Jews remember who He is, and will deal harshly with those who are against Him and have done wrong to Israel. At this time, our Jewish friends will recognize Christ for who He is and will turn to Him. This, we know, because Revelation makes it clear.

Considering these things, why wouldn't Christians feel compelled to support Israel? I don't need a lawyer turned TV preacher to tell me we oughta support our friends in Israel! :banana:

There is no fate. The talmud has fully infiltrated the jewish religion and turned it into satan worship.

What exactly does that mean, "support Israel"? Why does anyone have to "support Israel"? Is it because of their "right to exist"? Cuba has a right to exist too, should we "support" them too? I fail to see why, out of all nations of the world, we should have to support just this one. I don't "support" Uganda, Pakistan, or France, why should I support Israel with my paychecks(and possibly blood)?

Someone please answer me this because I just don't understand it.

theHawk said:
What exactly does that mean, "support Israel"? Why does anyone have to "support Israel"? Is it because of their "right to exist"? Cuba has a right to exist too, should we "support" them too? I fail to see why, out of all nations of the world, we should have to support just this one. I don't "support" Uganda, Pakistan, or France, why should I support Israel with my paychecks(and possibly blood)?

In this case I think it means to hope they kill a bunch more Hizbullys and degrade thier ability to create more havoc for the US.

theHawk said:

For one Cuba is hostile to us not to mention led by a lunatic mass murderer, I would prefer us not spend any money helping Fidel, let Hollywood keep doing that.

Re Israel, we support many countries that are not allied with us, but for some reason we have been brow beaten as a country of plenty, and, being so blessed that it is expected of us to give even though when we do give generously we still are criticised and denounced by other liberal nations and Islamic nations as being the Devil and the problem to all the worlds ills. So I'd just a s soon stop giving to those nations and keep supporting the one democratic nation that is our friend and ally in that part of the world fight Hezbollah for them , for us, and, for all the other countries that are and have been contiunally ganging up on Israel but are themselves to chicken shit to actually kill terrorists let alone even admit they should be killed. Right now it's Israel who is putting their asses on the line fighting the good fight, if they need some money to keep going I say give it to them, unless of course we want to send our troops over there to help?? People don't like Israel, that's fine they can hate Israel all they want, they can be angry Israel has about 300 square miles to call home, while the Arabs have how many, oh yeah millions of square miles and plenty of oil to keep every Islamic Arab and every other Arab sitting very comfortably financially if not for the the totaltiarian governments who steal all the oil money for themselves while their people live in the stone age, while Israel asks for nothing except to be left alone. How bastardly and selfish can they be???
The reality is Israel is there and has been for many years now, Arabs hate them, Arabs hate us:blah2::blah2: and if we are to turn our backs in Israel it's not going to make terrorists like us any better, so we may as well come to terms with this and let Israeli intelligence help us since apparently our intelligence for the most part sucks. The money we send Israel is a drop on a bugs ass compared to what we spend on hostile nations including the UN....
So if you really want to save money lets start with Kofi and his elaborate dinners with other dignitaries who sit around on our dime and discuss the downfall of the US as the worlds top power........

Bonnie said:
For one Cuba is hostile to us not to mention led by a lunatic mass murderer, I would prefer us not spend any money helping Fidel, let Hollywood keep doing that.

Re Israel, we support many countries that are not allied with us, but for some reason we have been brow beaten as a country of plenty, and, being so blessed that it is expected of us to give even though when we do give generously we still are criticised and denounced by other liberal nations and Islamic nations as being the Devil and the problem to all the worlds ills. So I'd just a s soon stop giving to those nations and keep supporting the one democratic nation that is our friend and ally in that part of the world fight Hezbollah for them , for us, and, for all the other countries that are and have been contiunally ganging up on Israel but are themselves to chicken shit to actually kill terrorists let alone even admit they should be killed. Right now it's Israel who is putting their asses on the line fighting the good fight, if they need some money to keep going I say give it to them, unless of course we want to send our troops over there to help?? People don't like Israel, that's fine they can hate Israel all they want, they can be angry Israel has about 300 square miles to call home, while the Arabs have how many, oh yeah millions of square miles and plenty of oil to keep every Islamic Arab and every other Arab sitting very comfortably financially if not for the the totaltiarian governments who steal all the oil money for themselves while their people live in the stone age, while Israel asks for nothing except to be left alone. How bastardly and selfish can they be???
The reality is Israel is there and has been for many years now, Arabs hate them, Arabs hate us:blah2::blah2: and if we are to turn our backs in Israel it's not going to make terrorists like us any better, so we may as well come to terms with this and let Israeli intelligence help us since apparently our intelligence for the most part sucks. The money we send Israel is a drop on a bugs ass compared to what we spend on hostile nations including the UN....
So if you really want to save money lets start with Kofi and his elaborate dinners with other dignitaries who sit around on our dime and discuss the downfall of the US as the worlds top power........

AMEN--Save America-Sink the UN !

Bonnie said:
LOL are you being sincere here:poke:

Very much so----relying on the UN to accomplish anything has been a disaster as so many people here have pointed out. I think it only exists to give a person from every country in the world a place to hang out. Kofi acts like he's king of the world when in actuality he's the biggest piece of shit in the outhouse. If the whole place disbanded tomorrow we could find some NGOs to pass out food and goodies to those who need them and send thier sorry "diplomatically immune" asses home.

dilloduck said:
Very much so----relying on the UN to accomplish anything has been a disaster as so many people here have pointed out. I think it only exists to give a person from every country in the world a place to hang out. Kofi acts like he's king of the world when in actuality he's the biggest piece of shit in the outhouse. If the whole place disbanded tomorrow we could find some NGOs to pass out food and goodies to those who need them and send thier sorry "diplomatically immune" asses home.

Well AMEN to that!!!!:salute:

theHawk said:

1)Israel is our one major ally against terror. They understand the enemy.
2)Cuba isnt facing attacks from an enemy declaring the desire to commit genocide against them. If they were then I would most definately be supporting Cuba's right to exist.
3)France doesnt have a right to exist.:p

Forum List

Back