Why Europe Won't Fight

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
"No one will say this publicly, but the true fact is we are all talking about our exit strategy from Afghanistan. We are getting out. It may take a couple of years, but we are all looking to get out."

Thus did a "senior European diplomat" confide to The New York Times during Obama's trip to Strasbourg.

Europe is bailing out on us. Afghanistan is to be America's war.

Why Europe Won't Fight by Patrick J. Buchanan

This guy is my kind of conservative.

He's got it.

Why is America imperialistic?

Because it makes a few Americans very VERY rich, that's why.

And since those getting very rich pay back such a miniscule share of the cost of making them rich as taxes, and since their influence over our government is so enormous, the USA will continue preparing for the next war, and will continue finding reasons why it is important that we bomb other nations (but only those without nuclear weapons, mind you) into democracy.

If Buchanan's POV were the dominant POV of the Republican party, I'd BE a freakin' Republican.

Wow... I always thought Pat Buchanan was a crazy ultra-reactionary, but that was actually a very good piece. I especially liked this part:

America was attacked. Because, said Osama bin Laden in his "declaration of war," America was occupying the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia, choking Muslim Iraq to death and providing Israel with the weapons to repress the Palestinians.

As Europe has no troops in Saudi Arabia, is exiting Iraq and backs a Palestinian state, Europeans figure, they are less likely to be attacked than if they are fighting and killing Muslims in Afghanistan.

[...]

We can't give up NATO because, if we do, we would no longer be the "indispensable nation," the leader of the Free World.

And, if we're not that, then who are we? And what would we do?

What will you guys do? AIOSDHJOSdiHAdspaoIDHsaOPi

Wow... I always thought Pat Buchanan was a crazy ultra-reactionary, but that was actually a very good piece. I especially liked this part:

America was attacked. Because, said Osama bin Laden in his "declaration of war," America was occupying the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia, choking Muslim Iraq to death and providing Israel with the weapons to repress the Palestinians.

As Europe has no troops in Saudi Arabia, is exiting Iraq and backs a Palestinian state, Europeans figure, they are less likely to be attacked than if they are fighting and killing Muslims in Afghanistan.

[...]

We can't give up NATO because, if we do, we would no longer be the "indispensable nation," the leader of the Free World.

And, if we're not that, then who are we? And what would we do?

What will you guys do? AIOSDHJOSdiHAdspaoIDHsaOPi

Hopefully adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy, but it's unlikely.

Why fight when there are warmongers who will do it for you? Only an idiot would go out and possibly get killed when there are morons waiting to do it for them. I mean, think about it for a minute.................

It wasn't the Europeans who armed Bin Laden or Saddam when it suited them.

"James R. Bath, friend and neighbor of George W. Bush, was used as a cash funnel from Osama bin Laden's rich father, Sheikh bin Laden, to set George W. Bush up in business, according to reputable sources from the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. The connection between GW Bush, the bin Laden family, and the Bank Commerce Credit International (BCCI) is well documented. The excerpts from the books and news articles are supplemented by the links at the bottom of the page to the cash flow charts of the bin Laden-backed BCCI money which was funneled into the Bush family in return for favors. Just click on the links at the bottom of the page to see the flow charts and use the back and forward keys on the screen to return to this page where you can then access the next flow chart link..."

www.lundissimo.info/wtc/bushbinladen

Last edited:

Forum List

Back