Why Don't You Believe in a God?

In my years of reading, traveling, and experiences I have yet to find evidence supporting an all powerful, supernatural creator..

That's because there is no evidence of such a thing. Hence the word FAITH is used to describe the state of belief.

but have perceived much that refutes any such being.

Really? What have you percieved that refutes such a belief, exactly?

The lack of evidence to sustain such a belief?

That lack doesn't refute it, it merely doesn't support such a belief.

Just out of curiousity and maybe to provoke believers, would all of you atheists, agnostics, etc. please share as briefly as you reasonably can why you either never believed in a God or why you stopped and why you continue to not believe still.

Lack of evidence to support a hypothesis that is counter to all laws of the universe as we understand them. It is far more reasonable, logical, and indicative of sanity to accept the theory that actually works. Same reason i don't buy flat-earth theory or believe in pixies. The model that does not include or which refutes either one is superior to any which posits that the earth is flat or that magical beings live in the garden when there is no evidence to support that claim.

Not all, but assholes as in: the bass, truthspeaker, avatar and of course JB.

The dumbass thinks I'm a theist? :lol::lol: Stupid troll, go back to your cave

JB, it's hard to tell which side you're on, you argue pretty much anything, which is why you're on that list. That and your dumb argument that me letting you do what you want was somehow imposing my will on you.

JB, it's hard to tell which side you're on, you argue pretty much anything

Only if you're fucking stupid like you are.

That and your dumb argument that me letting you do what you want was somehow imposing my will on you.

You're fucking stupid. You said people should act in a given way because you believe it's right. That is a call for others to conform to your morality, your stupid fuck. You're clearly too stupid ton understand your own motivations or have the slightest bit of insight into human nature or the way people behave doesn't mean. You faulted others for calling for people to act according to their morality, yet you do the very same thing. The only difference between you and the staunchest of religious Rightests is what moral code you hold and call for others to conform to. Combined with your moronic love for making up new, more idiotic phrases like 'moral communism', it makes you one of the dumbest trolls on USMB. Anarchist, monarchist, libertine, xtian- all seek to force or persuade other to act according to their own morality and social theories. Even the call for them to cease is a call for them to act according to your will and moral compass. Your entire argument about abortion in the firstplace was moral relativism and form of utilitarianism. You argued that it is wrong for someone to be 'burdened' with a child they do not want, You tried to argue that it is more moral to allow them to decide for themselves than to act on the moral AND ETHICAL calls to preserve human life. Both are ultimately arguments regarding the morality of a given course of action and and what ethical code should be adopted (in turn based on moral arguments)

JB, it's hard to tell which side you're on, you argue pretty much anything, which is why you're on that list. That and your dumb argument that me letting you do what you want was somehow imposing my will on you.

It's about as difficult to tell what side JB is on as it is to determine what side Obama is on. It's pretty damn obvious to anyone who bothers to look.

But we know all about your inclination to seek out knowledge and facts about something.

JB, I'm not going back there, you're too dumb.

Your inability to understand somehow negatively reflect on my intelligence?

Tell me, is it good to defend the freedoms and rights of another? Is it good to save another's life or aid someone in need?

If you're talking about a fetus, then no.

Why the qualifier? Answer the question- and if 'yes', then you must now explain your little qualifier and argue a line of reasoning I had no intention of addressing at this time.

Furthermore, I merely asked whether it is good to do so. I have not asked whether it is getter or less good to do so if it effects another party in a given way. Stay focused, numbnuts.

Last edited:
Man created God in his own image, not the other way around. To believe otherwise requires willing suspension of intellect, which I refuse to do. "God" does exist, but only in the human heart.

If I want to suspend disbelief, I do that reading and watching science fiction, for entertainment. Not out of "fear of hell" or some other stupid assed punishment.

Religion is a product of mankind's vanity. The every idea that we are at all relevant or important on the grand scale of the cosmos, that some all-supreme being created us.... For what? Amusement. Please.

We are simply not that important or relevant.... We merely think we are. We are vain, this is why we worship.

That is all.

Last edited:
Man created God in his own image, not the other way around. To believe otherwise requires willing suspension of intellect, which I refuse to do. "God" does exist, but only in the human heart.

If I want to suspend disbelief, I do that reading and watching science fiction, for entertainment. Not out of "fear of hell" or some other stupid assed punishment.

Religion is a product of mankind's vanity. The every idea that we are at all relevant or important on the grand scale of the cosmos, that some all-supreme being created us.... For what? Amusement. Please.

We are simply not that important or relevant.... We merely think we are. We are vain, this is why we worship.

That is all.

A lot of people confuse religion with belief. For many God is hidden from them because of their pride or vanity. I would disagree with anyone that would think that God does not care for each individual that is born of His spirit.

I had a non believer an attorney ask me some years ago why I believed. We had been talking about my very first contract. I explained to him what exactly had transpired. Understanding what that all meant he agreed with my first statement on the matter, "God gave me that contract".

It took many years before I searched back through memories to really understand the protection God gave me through the years. I look to this example as one of many miracles in my life. At 5'3 and less than a hundred pounds I was not able to defend much in a physical sense. My cousin's new husband was threatening to kill her in my presence. He was a large well built man over 6' tall. I cannot explain to you why or how I knew but, I knew the man could not hurt me. I stood between him and her and told him he would have to get past me first as he raged on about how he was going to kill her. When he reached in his pocket and pulled out a knife it did not faze me. She was behind me in her kitchen screaming, "He's crazy!" I told her to go get in my pickup and lock the doors. She ran out the back door and I heard the screen door thud. The guy lunged at me with the knife in his hand and as he did he crumpled into a pile in front of me. He did not fall or trip. He almost like he just went limp all of the life had drained outta him in an instant and the knife he was wielding landed behind me. It was like watching a slow motion picture. I turned and walked outside to where my cousin was. By then the police had arrived. Instead of locking herself in my pickup where she'd be safe she ran to the neighbor's and called the police. They went in the house and handcuffed the guy and lead him to one of their squad cars.

A lot of people confuse religion with belief.
Alot of people confuse truth with lies too. "Belief" in this context is willing intellectual dishonesty.
I learned while doing that extreme search that we as flesh beings do not always look into the matters we don't understand. As a flesh being we are very limited in understanding the nature of what God is or how God works. Spirit is not something that can been seen by the flesh. The spirit world is beyond anything the flesh can truly comprehend.

A lot of people confuse religion with belief.
Alot of people confuse truth with lies too. "Belief" in this context is willing intellectual dishonesty.
I learned while doing that extreme search that we as flesh beings do not always look into the matters we don't understand. As a flesh being we are very limited in understanding the nature of what God is or how God works. Spirit is not something that can been seen by the flesh. The spirit world is beyond anything the flesh can truly comprehend.
:eek:

Great science fiction/fantasy writing right there...

:eek:

Great science fiction/fantasy writing right there...
More like just looking at the reality of what i know to be true even if others do not.

Forum List

Back