why dont we hear about the newsom/christian murders?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i always get up early and i dont drink much....and i sure the hell dont drink at 4 am or 5 30 am....try again (see gunny he will tell you)

I honestly have no idea... there are arguments on the thread that you supplied that it is a racial bias that prevents the media from reporting it - 'black-on-white' or whatever they call it.

I... invoke my right not to vote... It could really be the above or it could be something else...

All I know is that here in Sweden they proactively (by they I mean media) exclude any mention of race, ethnic background, or immigrant/non-immigrant background in a criminal case because they want to prevent racist/xenophobic bullshit from happening. On one hand, that is an act of censorship, on the other, it does make sense and I am pretty sure it has prevented some acts of hate and violence. I can also see this backfiring. But, let's remind ourselves why that even is an issue these days - it is BECAUSE of all the racist and xenophobic motherfuckers out there...

Last edited:
NB, I'm curious; are an American national living Sweden or something? I ask because a Czech Swede on a US-based (& America-centric) forum strikes me as a bit odd

I'm a Czech national, that spent her late teens all the way to her mid twenties in USA (ATL, GA to be precise) and about half a year ago moved to Sweden. That is why. I also just graduated from Kennesaw State University with BA in International Affairs ;) So, USA, and politics/int'l affairs are 'somewhat' in my blood ... As I said before... I'm a perpetual immigrant - a person from a lot of places.

Thanks for your interest. :)

Interesting Where is the Media Coverage for the Newsome/Christian Murders.

snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

a white couple kidnapped...sadistical tortured...and killed by 4 black men and 1 black woman..o where was the outrage? o.....duke university...where a black woman claimed 4 white guys raped her....why didnt sharpton show up at the newsom/christian murders to demand justice?

and why are these threads in this forum instead of the media forum?

I find it rather interesting that this crime was not reported AT ALL by any newspaper.

Did I say interesting? I meant not credible.

Not even the Knoxville New Sentinel has any reports of this in the January 2007 archives.

Ergo, I am highly dubious that it even happened.

Does anyone have a credible source about this event?

Last edited:
WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Immunity denied for Christian/Newsom murder suspect

WVLT - Special Knoxville, Tennessee - News, Weather, Sports, Real Estate & Jobs
scroll down for the many archived articles

Families: time never heals pain of Christian - Newsom murders

Four suspects are charged in the slayings and face the death penalty: Lemaricus Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas and Vanessa Coleman. All four are still awaiting trial.

"Every day it's the same battle," said Channon's father, Gary Christian.

"Sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed. Sometimes you just can't do it," added her mother, Deena Christian.

The murders of their daughter and her boyfriend were so horrifying they drew international attention.

yet nothing from the major press in the us

o are those enough sources for you....?

Interesting Where is the Media Coverage for the Newsome/Christian Murders.

snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

a white couple kidnapped...sadistical tortured...and killed by 4 black men and 1 black woman..o where was the outrage? o.....duke university...where a black woman claimed 4 white guys raped her....why didnt sharpton show up at the newsom/christian murders to demand justice?

and why are these threads in this forum instead of the media forum?

I find it rather interesting that this crime was not reported AT ALL by any newspaper.

Did I say interesting? I meant not credible.

Not even the Knoxville New Sentinel has any reports of this in the January 2007 archives.

Ergo, I am highly dubious that it even happened.

Does anyone have a credible source about this event?

when you have enough sources let me know....i can prove anything i post on here that i post as news or truth..

Maybe they don't feel it is a racial biased murder, SB. I agree Al Sharpton only sees one way in his screaming about racial bias.

Forum List

Back