Why don't the Chinese get climate chage

Sodafin... Skull Pilot is a '36 percenter' ...

Oscar Wilde said: "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between"

He forgot to mention 36% remained barbarians

Barbarian?

So you too are stupid enough to believe that developing coutries don't want the trillions of dollars that will be taken from us and given to them?

You must be one of the 20% who still believe in fucking fairy tales.

Like the fairy tale that the fucking government taxing us into poverty will somehow make the planet cooler.

Skunk Pilot...no, the government should encourage Mountaintop removal mining...just let the f_cking & earth 'breath'...

Government(s) represents the only vehicle that can address the raping of our planet for private profit...

Don't try to cross the street without an adult holding your hand...OK?

Banning an activity is not the same as taxing us into poverty so as to transfer our wealth to third world nations.

Have you even thought about what Obama's reduction of CO2 output to the per capita levels of 1875 will do to our economy and our standard of living?

If you want to build windmills, that's fine but don't tell me I have to send my money to some corrupt third world government so as to save the planet.

Barbarian?

So you too are stupid enough to believe that developing coutries don't want the trillions of dollars that will be taken from us and given to them?

Like the fairy tale that the fucking government taxing us into poverty will somehow make the planet cooler.

Skunk Pilot...no, the government should encourage Mountaintop removal mining...just let the f_cking & earth 'breath'...

Government(s) represents the only vehicle that can address the raping of our planet for private profit...

Banning an activity is not the same as taxing us into poverty so as to transfer our wealth to third world nations.

Have you even thought about what Obama's reduction of CO2 output to the per capita levels of 1875 will do to our economy and our standard of living?

If you want to build windmills, that's fine but don't tell me I have to send my money to some corrupt third world government so as to save the planet.

You are oblivious to the REAL costs of the theft of the commons...monetary AND human... and standard of living has one paramount requirement...LIVING

You are oblivious to the REAL costs of the theft of the commons...monetary AND human... and standard of living has one paramount requirement...LIVING

Last time i checked over 6 billion people were living on the planet. So there is no scarcity of that is there?

You mean the nuclear power plants that we won't build because they're bad for the planet?

Exactly.

Some people still feel nuclear is not a safe or sustainable enough option - others feel the technology has now improved enough to make it a better option.

There is no reason it need have any effect at all.

Why would be worse off because your house has proper insulation and your electricity is generated by wind, solar and nuclear instead of coal and nuclear?

don't tell me I have to send my money to some corrupt third world government so as to save the planet.

Then accept those countries will not be able to close their coal stations.

A smarter strategy might be to use that aid to stimulate the export of American-manufactured solar and wind systems. Unless you are happy for Spain and Germany to takeover that market entirely.

You mean the nuclear power plants that we won't build because they're bad for the planet?

Exactly.

Some people still feel nuclear is not a safe or sustainable enough option - others feel the technology has now improved enough to make it a better option.

You haven't been here long so I'll tell you that I am one of the biggest proponents here for nuclear power

There is no reason it need have any effect at all.[/quote]

Really? Merely insulating our homes, which btw I have done,would drop CO2 output to a level where there was no electricity, no cars, no trains or planes where there was no large scale manufacturing etc.?

There's that naivete again

Why would be worse off because your house has proper insulation and your electricity is generated by wind, solar and nuclear instead of coal and nuclear?

Where did I ever say we'd be worse Off?

Again, I am all for reducing emissions etc. What I am not for is the fucking government doing it.

If the government got out of our way and let us find solutions that would work best we'd all be better off.

don't tell me I have to send my money to some corrupt third world government so as to save the planet.

Then accept those countries will not be able to close their coal stations.

Like they would anyway

A smarter strategy might be to use that aid to stimulate the export of American-manufactured solar and wind systems. Unless you are happy for Spain and Germany to takeover that market entirely.

A smarter strategy would be for the government not to hamstring our businesses with cap and tax legislation that will do nothing but drive up the cost of everything.

A smarter strategy would be to give tax credits to companies that design, manufacture, install and maintain green technologies.

Then we wouldn't have to send our tax dollars to another country so they could buy what we produce here. That seems a little silly doesn't it?

Last edited:

Last time i checked over 6 billion people were living on the planet. So there is no scarcity of that is there?

There 'ya go...we can control population growth with pollution and cancer causing agents...call it Skunk Pilot's CPC...carcinogen population control...what a great idea...

Hey, maybe we can bring back the medical practice of bloodletting and calomel...feeding the people Mercury chloride...

BTW, do you kneel or salute your hero Skunk Pilot?

stalin-2.jpg

Until the nuclear industry learns to control costs, it will only serve as expensive ballast. Presently, when all costs are considered, it is a very expensive source of power.

Sodafin... Skull Pilot is a '36 percenter' ...

Oscar Wilde said: "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between"

He forgot to mention 36% remained barbarians

Barbarian?

ah, the voice of experience.

A smarter strategy would be for the government not to hamstring our businesses with cap and tax legislation that will do nothing but drive up the cost of everything.

From history I believe if you leave it to capitalist folks in St. Louis would still be heating their houses with dirty coal. This despite the fact no evergreen trees would be alive within 30 miles downwind of the city.

Really I'd just prefer hard CAPS and no TRADE to the theory but hey now there is capitalism in our environmental regulations.

you're very naive.

this is about money and nothing else

But that is because your views on climate change are based not on science, but on politics - hence you assume everyone is taking the same approach.

But when the Kenyan government look at the death of a game park which attracts 100,000 tourists a year, what they are reacting to is not political, but an economic and geographic reality.

The same is true with rising water levels in Bangladesh, Holland and Indonesia, with desertification in Spain and Australia, and with ocean ph damaging coral in Australia and the Pacific Basin.

You're grabbing allot of facts that may or may not be related to anything about Global warming. In Kenya and in Africa in general, the deserts have been expanding since before Biblical times.

In Holland the land is sinking faster than the water is rising. It's been going on for generations.

Is there a record of a time when Spain and Australia were ever particularly wet?

That the coral reefs are dying off is bad, but the rise of CO2, while a possible cause is less likely than more direct pollution in run off and there are diseases and predators at work here also. There was a situation in Portland in which there was a dramatic change in the life in the ocean of the coast.

Initially the blame went to ocean acidification as a result of CO2. Turns out it had more to do with lawn service fertilizer in the run off than anything else.

One of the dangers of the Global Warming panic is that everything is immediately thrown onto the CO2 must be the cause wagon and we lazily ignor tracking down a more resonable cause.

Forum List

Back