Why don't people rise up?

Think what you like but libertarians are the worst kind of cowards and yes you are being horribly naive if you think any of them would sacrifice a damned thing for freedom when they cry like spoiled little bitches over minor crap and have built a sham political movement on shameless whining.
I do think as I like, and I am also able to sense petulance. I am neither impressed with that nor gratuitous profanity for the sake of "coolness",...bitch!

In the unlikely event that the government actually turned overtly tyrannical you "patriots" would hide like cowards and attempt to protect yours through collaboration and selling out your neighbors while much more courageous people faced down the tyrants. No one as self interested and full of fear as libertarians could ever stage a successful revolution.

I think you just described what you OWS would do

They have been subjected to far more government surveillance, media condemnation, police harassment, unlawful arrest, and all the things that libertarians fear yet libertarians tend to side with the government that they are dangerous and need to be stopped.

Well from what we have seen, they are dangerous, destructive, thefts of people property and livelihoods...

You all brought that on yourselves when you got mixed up with the anarchist, Union thugs and Commies

A fictional character like Optimus Prime or Jesus Christ.

Let me guess hazl, there was no "silly" God that created the universe? Instead, it was the "almighty" homosexual liberal? Those "superior" beings of supreme intellect? :cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlWOhtj3g]Lewis Black - The Old Testament - YouTube[/ame]
You're kind of like an advertisement in an already boring TV show.

They have been subjected to far more government surveillance, media condemnation, police harassment, unlawful arrest, and all the things that libertarians fear yet libertarians tend to side with the government that they are dangerous and need to be stopped.

Well from what we have seen, they are dangerous, destructive, thefts of people property and livelihoods...

You all brought that on yourselves when you got mixed up with the anarchist, Union thugs and Commies

So tell me Mr. libertarian? What would be the maximum acceptable collateral damage involved in the mythical heavily armed libertarian struggle against the government? Occupy is the real, actual struggle against the plutocrats and somehow no one needed an arsenal to make them brave.

So tell me Mr. libertarian? What would be the maximum acceptable collateral damage involved in the mythical heavily armed libertarian struggle against the government? Occupy is the real, actual struggle against the plutocrats and somehow no one needed an arsenal to make them brave.

Umm, the only thing you all were attacking and destroying were parks and pooping on police cars..You were also DISRUPING small business owners and the citizens in the country with your childish antics... so nothing you all did was NOBEL or was seen as a struggle against, the MAN, plutocrats or whatever you want to call them

Last edited:
In the unlikely event that the government actually turned overtly tyrannical you "patriots" would hide like cowards and attempt to protect yours through collaboration and selling out your neighbors while much more courageous people faced down the tyrants. No one as self interested and full of fear as libertarians could ever stage a successful revolution.

You don't know shit. Like the people you named yourself after, you're just plain stupid. You talk about things you know nothing what so ever about.

Hey asshat! There were Libertarians in the OWS movement. You don't know your ass from your elbow. Just stop posting your stupidity.

Interesting point, however naïve and ineffective, OWS protesters at least have the courage to stand up for their convictions.

Libertarians – just as naïve and ineffective – whine from behind keyboards and harbor pathetic fantasies of ‘armed resistance’ against a mythical ‘tyrannical’ Federal government.

Interesting point, however naïve and ineffective, OWS protesters at least have the courage to stand up for their convictions.

Libertarians – just as naïve and ineffective – whine from behind keyboards and harbor pathetic fantasies of ‘armed resistance’ against a mythical ‘tyrannical’ Federal government.

Ummhumm, Just because you say it is a myth doesn't mean squat..

It is very much a myth, taxes are going up, the government is finally talking gun control again, the time is now, so where are you people? Bitching on the Internet and not actively resisting a damned thing. It seems you people do not actually have a breaking point where you would all rise up together and exercise your constitutional right to shoot feds because they have pissed you off.

It is very much a myth, taxes are going up, the government is finally talking gun control again, the time is now, so where are you people? Bitching on the Internet and not actively resisting a damned thing. It seems you people do not actually have a breaking point where you would all rise up together and exercise your constitutional right to shoot feds because they have pissed you off.

and where are the OWS? too cold out right now?
and here you are sitting on the Internet

Of course it’s a myth.

Americans enjoy more freedom today than at any point in the Nation’s past.

In fact, from an historical standpoint, it has been state and local governments the most hostile to civil liberties, not the Federal government, with regard to privacy rights for women, equal protection rights for same-sex couples, and due process rights for immigrants.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed that they failed to capture the public attention for long but perhaps it was long enough to have planted enough seeds of actual revolution against the real power working for our enslavement, yours too, in the end it is the left that really will put themselves on the line and actually fight the battles for liberty.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed that they failed to capture the public attention for long but perhaps it was long enough to have planted enough seeds of actual revolution against the real power working for our enslavement, yours too, in the end it is the left that really will put themselves on the line and actually fight the battles for liberty.

Yeah, too bad it's directed at the wrong people or institutions..and just as you all didn't speak for most in the country, though you acted like you did with this 99% nonesense.. I doubt they want the kind of people the OWS is, fighting their battles..
but time will tell what if anything is going to happen..

Nothing is going to change until the citizens in this country do something. All the talk in the world is not going to change things. And all the complaining isn't going to change anything.

We had our chance at election time, and the people put the same career politicians right back in. Obama just gave congress and his cabinet all pay raises, and now he just gives presidents armed guards for life, at our tax expense.

This administration is going to make it financially good for themselves, and to heck with the people in this country. Its all about what the politicians can gain and get. They are raking in the money while the citizens struggle to pay debts.

They talk about us people having to scarifice durning these hard times, yet they give to themselves anything they need. The scarifices should start with them. They need to cut their pays, and they damn sure don't need armed guards for the rest of their intire lives....nor do we need to pay them salaries after they are out of office..............where is the outraged and voice from the people.?????????

If this is what you want then don't complain.

You don't think that former President G W Bush, who launched the attack on Iraq which has killed tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of Iraqi citizens for nonexistent WMD's, doesn't need armed guards for the rest of his life? And President Obama, who's being accused of not even being a citizen of the USA and is therefore supposedly ineligible for the highest office in the land which he's just about to take his 2nd oath of office in order to serve out another 4 year term, doesn't need armed guards for the rest of his life? And this in a country where guns float around almost as freely as recycled auto parts?

Yeah, too bad it's directed at the wrong people or institutions..and just as you all didn't speak for most in the country, though you acted like you did with this 99% nonesense.. I doubt they want the kind of people the OWS is, fighting their battles..

You say that the government is the entire problem so do I, the difference is that I include the billionaires and the banks in the government because in the end they have extensive influence far beyond any number of ordinary people, we fight against undue coercion from all directions not just your limited and rather misdirected way that seeks only to dismantle the already tenuous leverage we as a people have over the real power in this country.

person......is

people....are

Forum List

Back