Why don't people care about the Russian holocaust?

hansom

Rookie
Feb 13, 2009
In the Russian Revolution, 40million people (or 100million, depending on the source you believe) were slaughtered. Why does the media and government place more importance on the deaths of millions of one particular people from WWII?
If we're going to make comparisons, many times as many Christians were killed in the communist uprising, for example. So why does no one care?
Who's building monuments to their memory?
Who's paying reparations to their families?

That's been a question in my mind since I learned about it in History class.

The claims of the body count are well, quite off.

Apart from that:
1. Russia did not loose.
And, more importantly, the Red won their revolutionary war, inspite of everyone and his mother intervening on behalf of the whites (Royalists). The whites werent any nicer than the reds anyway.
Sadly, on this world, the winner can get away with nearly everything, provided he wins.

Do you wonder why noone cares a lot about the American genocide on the native Indians either?
The Greek genocide on the persians?
The Mongolian Genocide on well, just about anybody?
The Russian/Muscovitan Genocide on the Crimea Tatars?
The Frankish genocide on the Saxons? Heck, Charlemange is usually considered a hero.

Stalin killed perhaps 40 million, but that was over 20+ years.

There was no such total during the civil war.

Nobody talks about what stalin did because most people don't understand what his USSR was actually like.

Nobody talks about what stalin did because most people don't understand what his USSR was actually like.

I read a general history book on Russia from Nicholas II to Putin's election a couple of years ago.

I don't think I want to know what it was actually like.

Oooo ... interesting cover ...

I think I might check it out.

41RJiysfE9L._SS500_.jpg

It's very simple to answer.

One ethnic/political/religious group in America controls the media.

So their preceived genocide/holocaust takes center stage in our society.

Apart from that:
1. Russia did not loose.
And, more importantly, the Red won their revolutionary war, inspite of everyone and his mother intervening on behalf of the whites (Royalists). The whites werent any nicer than the reds anyway.
Sadly, on this world, the winner can get away with nearly everything, provided he wins.

Do you wonder why noone cares a lot about the American genocide on the native Indians either?
The Frankish genocide on the Saxons? Heck, Charlemange is usually considered a hero.

or why don't we care about:

The religion based genocide of the Moravian brotherhood?
The Massachusetts Puritan's gencide of the Penobscot indians (who were ironically becoming Moravians!)
The genocide of the Armenians?

We don't care because we do not feel personally involved and few of know anyone who DOES feel personally involved with it.

Genocide and mass slaughter (based on some bullshit excuse or the other) are fairly common throughout history, folks.

People like Stalin, Mao, Hitler and Pol Pot aren't unique, they're just better known monsters because they're slightly more contemporay

Last edited:
Oooo ... interesting cover ...

I think I might check it out.

41RJiysfE9L._SS500_.jpg
It's worth reading, the author was an officer in stalin's army during WWII who was sent there after the war.

He became the most famous Soviet Dissident of the entire era.

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denesovich is Solzhenitszn's superior book.

The Gulog gets mighty boring as it systematically documents one Stalinist crime after the other.

I'm glad he wrote it, because it needed documentation, but it's not really a very good read.

And do bear in mind that I tend to like DRY history, too, so believe me when I tell you this book is extremely fatiguing.

In the Russian Revolution, 40million people (or 100million, depending on the source you believe) were slaughtered. Why does the media and government place more importance on the deaths of millions of one particular people from WWII?
If we're going to make comparisons, many times as many Christians were killed in the communist uprising, for example. So why does no one care?

Possibly because the survivors of other holocausts aren't all that invested in being identified as victims and therefore don't flood us with books ,movies, and other constant reminders of what Stalin and his henchmen did.

true.

Apart from that:
1. Russia did not loose.

or why don't we care about:

The religion based genocide of the Moravian brotherhood?
The Massachusetts Puritan's gencide of the Penobscot indians (who were ironically becoming Moravians!)
The genocide of the Armenians?

We don't care because we do not feel personally involved and few of know anyone who DOES feel personally involved with it.

Genocide and mass slaughter (based on some bullshit excuse or the other) are fairly common throughout history, folks.

People like Stalin, Mao, Hitler and Pol Pot aren't unique, they're just better known monsters because they're slightly more contemporay

true as well.

Russian massacres occurred in a closed society, over a long period, with less outright savagery as that demonstrated by the Nazis. Moreover, much of the world media is Leftist, which explains its hesitancy to criticize Communist leaders and regimes, even when they perpetrated genocide.

why don't people care about the Russian holocaust ?

well why don't anybody care about what is happening to Palestinians ?

we as so-called "individuals" are nothing more than contours drawn on an ideological background of our society.

our substance does not belong to us. it is merely an optical illusion.

we swim in a soup of ideas and use these ideas to construct logical arguments except that all of pivotal ideas have been removed from this soup before we were tossed into it.

we are like a goldfish and we are conditioned to believe that our 1 gallon tank is reality.

our thought processes are crippled by design. the entire purpose of SOCIETY is to cripple thinking.

Russian massacres occurred in a closed society, over a long period, with less outright savagery as that demonstrated by the Nazis. Moreover, much of the world media is Leftist, which explains its hesitancy to criticize Communist leaders and regimes, even when they perpetrated genocide.

o do go on about the leftist media not exposing stalin during his time? i am so interested in that.

the russian revolution is noted in history...stalin is considered by many to be one of the anti christs that are mentioned by nostrodamus...as another poster stated it was a closed society and much of the horror was not known till it was over. the massacred had not binding theme other than being an enemy of stalin...

today there are massacres occurring daily that are all but ignored except for the leftist media...ie. darfur

What makes you think the "media" places more importance "on the death of millions of one particular people from WWII?"

Don't be shy, Hansom. Tell us what you mean.

If we're going to make comparisons, many times as many Christians were killed in the communist uprising, for example.

Probably a lot since MOST Russians who were killing those other Russians were Christians, too.

So why does no one care?

What makes you think no one cares?

Me, Please send your donations to build that monument directly to me in the form of non sequential used 100's.

Me, just as soon as I collect enough money. See above for how YOU can help.

Those are good questions.

Perhaps if you read more history, you'll eventually figure out the answers to those excellent questions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back