Why don't "libertarians" support the libertarian candidate?

In the meantime, we don't let the country fall into the hands of the progressives or it will be too late, for all of us.

Well, I guess this is what we keep coming back to. I simply don't buy the suggestion there's any significant difference between them. Obama is not a progressive and Romney isn't a libertarian. They're both authoritarian corporatists - and neither will get my vote.

Oh, but in our hearts, we are. But people like myself had to vote for the most conservative candidate we feel can beat Obama. That's it. The country is not ready for radical change, such as with a true Libertarian....Maybe in a few years, depending upon how well "hopeful" president-elect Mitt Romney does, with his cost cutting and job creating policies.

Excuses. I'll be voting Johnson, and I really don't care that he has no chance the win. I think if you don't vote for who you think is the best person to be president-that that's the real way to waste your vote. If anybody's a "real" Libertarian-they'd vote for somebody who has Libertarian beliefs-and not Romney.

I completely respect that. I am almost tempted to vote for him myself, just to vote for someone other than Obama or Romney. The problem is I completely disagree with the the Libertarian philosophy so voting for him would be even more hypocritical of me.
I really wish there was a Common Sense third party out there.

Have you checked out these folks?

American national political party

They seem right up your alley.

In the meantime, we don't let the country fall into the hands of the progressives or it will be too late, for all of us.

Well, I guess this is what we keep coming back to. I simply don't buy the suggestion there's any significant difference between them. Obama is not a progressive and Romney isn't a libertarian. They're both authoritarian corporatists - and neither will get my vote.

How can you claim that Obama is not a progressive? He has towed the line just fine. To pretend that Obama and Romney are one in the same is self diluted nonsense.

Excuses. I'll be voting Johnson, and I really don't care that he has no chance the win. I think if you don't vote for who you think is the best person to be president-that that's the real way to waste your vote. If anybody's a "real" Libertarian-they'd vote for somebody who has Libertarian beliefs-and not Romney.

I completely respect that. I am almost tempted to vote for him myself, just to vote for someone other than Obama or Romney. The problem is I completely disagree with the the Libertarian philosophy so voting for him would be even more hypocritical of me.
I really wish there was a Common Sense third party out there.

Have you checked out these folks?

American national political party

They seem right up your alley.

I would never go for required military service, definitely not for EXPANSION of the military (opposite of my view!) etc...

I would get rid of a couple dozen Fed agencies but not necessarily the ones Libertarians have a problem with.
I would do the opposite of what Libertarians propose and eliminate most of the duplicative state and local agencies and replace them with local offices of the equivalent Fed agency.
I would reduce our military budget by over half and reallocate the focus into Intelligence, SOF's and Technology. There is a legitimate need to protect our country but , with the possible exception of the First Gulf War (and even that is disputible)I haven't seen a legitimate military action initiated by our government since WWII.
I would end all the handouts to foreign countries. Yes, that includes Israel.
I could go on but why bother? Pipe dream.

Forum List

Back