Why don't Dems support Hispanic/American Marco Rubio?

Dems like to pretend they support Hispanic progress in America but why the disconnect with Marco Rubio? He's Hispanic, right? He's a real American, right?

What's the problem?

Why are they asking the black man Meeks to step aside to help Lilly-white Charlie Crist?

They're asking the black guy to step down so they can defeat the Hispanic, hurting both blacks and Hispanics to help the white guy?

Signed,

Confused on USMB
Why are you playing the race card? I thought Republicans were supposed to be beyond that.

Satire much?

Dems like to pretend they support Hispanic progress in America but why the disconnect with Marco Rubio? He's Hispanic, right? He's a real American, right?

What's the problem?

Why are they asking the black man Meeks to step aside to help Lilly-white Charlie Crist?

They're asking the black guy to step down so they can defeat the Hispanic, hurting both blacks and Hispanics to help the white guy?

Signed,

Confused on USMB
Why are you playing the race card? I thought Republicans were supposed to be beyond that.

To which you miss the point. Typical.

You're an Idiot.

And that, sir, makes you a typical American, which is to say, even worse.

Colour me suprised. *NOT*

What could be worse than a REAL American? Quite alot actually. I could be living in the EU.

I appreciate your attempt to speak English by spelling it "colour," even though you misspelled surprised. Still, I would hope you can come with better retorts than the sophomoric "you're an idiot" kind of response. It's such a conversation killer, wouldn't you say?

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

To which you miss the point. Typical.
Oh I definitely get the point Mr. THOMAS603 of Florida's First Coast (I'm assuming Jacksonville? Aside from the beach, I pity you if you live there). That point being that CrusaderFrank is just trying to accuse Dems of going against minorities by ditching Meek for the orange guy. Of course, it's fairly obvious to any intellectually honest observer that the polls suggest the carrot has a better chance at this election than Meek, so they're rallying around someone who's somewhat less of a Republican than Rubio.

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

because like Estrada, they scare them, identity politics is really all tey have in the end. Without fresh bodies for fodder, as in another minority to submarine and put on the hacienda, they don't get elected.

old chucky boy schumer...summed it up best;

Estrada, Schumer was quoted as saying, "is like a Stealth missile — with a nose cone — coming out of the right wing's deepest silo."

Byron York on Miguel Estrada on National Review Online

My hunch--and this is just a guess, mind you--would be that it's because he's a Republican.

However, that does raise an interesting question. Democrats have a decent number of old white men running--why don't Republicans support them?

Probably because they suck and are fucking up the country...

My hunch--and this is just a guess, mind you--would be that it's because he's a Republican.

However, that does raise an interesting question. Democrats have a decent number of old white men running--why don't Republicans support them?

Probably because they suck and are fucking up the country...

Actually because Republicans don't vote for or against someone based on the color of his skin. Unlike Democrats who can't get beyond that.

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

It's as easy as the 'C' Word. He's of the wrong stripe. Nevermind his parents struggled to get him to where he is now. To the Statist? Rubio is an anomolie that must be squashed for their real story.

Cannot have a real life story of struggle when the person in the story picks the wrong side.[/QUOTE]

It could be that he picked the wrtong side, but the story's outcome is wrong, too. If he fought the fight and was cheated out of his just reward and became a victim in the narrative, then he could be supported by the Dems.

Since his struggle led to success at this point, he cannot be a Dem. Dems are losers and failures who have had their rightful rewards stripped away.

"The Man" is keeping them down.

People who have succeeded cannot be supported by the Dems. Only the victims.

CrusaderFrank, even your question is racist, you know? It adds nothing to the discussion whatsoever. Perhaps racists, like pedophiles, should be monitored by local law enforcement. What do you think?

I hadn 't noticed it until he said it, but, yes, he is right.

The white ex-president asks the Black Guy to step aside so the Hispanic guy can get beat by the White Guy.

What if Bush had spoken to a Black Guy in a race to step aside so the White Guy could win over a Hispanic Guy? Omigod! There wouldn't be anything else on TV. The schedule of Sunday Football would have been pre-empted for the on the spot 24 hour coverage of this racist, biased, hate crime against humanity.

The would have been specials about the reincarnation of Hitler.

Why does being a Democrat give a guy a pass? Why does being a Republican bring condemnation?

That is a question for you, Jake, not a rhetorical one.

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

It's as easy as the 'C' Word. He's of the wrong stripe. Nevermind his parents struggled to get him to where he is now. To the Statist? Rubio is an anomolie that must be squashed for their real story.

Cannot have a real life story of struggle when the person in the story picks the wrong side.[/QUOTE]

It could be that he picked the wrtong side, but the story's outcome is wrong, too. If he fought the fight and was cheated out of his just reward and became a victim in the narrative, then he could be supported by the Dems.

Since his struggle led to success at this point, he cannot be a Dem. Dems are losers and failures who have had their rightful rewards stripped away.

"The Man" is keeping them down.

People who have succeeded cannot be supported by the Dems. Only the victims.

They play the victim....they don't support victims.

They're fakes. If they can't find a victim they invent one.

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

Unlike you on the right, we don't support or not support a candidate solely due to race.

We don't suppport Rubio because he's a tea partier running as a Republican. Duh.

And no one asked Meeks to step aside. That's just another right wing lie.

You're the only one seeing race in this race.

What's the problem?

Signed,

Confused on USMB

When did the Dems say they were going to support every Hispanic they see?

It's funny cons like you were complaining that Dems were using the race card to get Obama popularity/silence critics now you're doing the same thing with a Hispanic guy.

So, he's just not the right kind of Hispanic, right?

Why are you such an asshole now?

Forum List

Back