Why don't Democrats know the difference between Gays and Homosexuals?

ItHappens

Rookie
Feb 5, 2010
My apologies if this is a multi topic creation.
But why don't Democrats know the difference between Gays and Homosexuals?
And on the subject...should we be debating "homosexual" marriage vs. "Gay" marriage.
Maybe we've just been wasting our time. Democrats have been on the conservative side all along. They still think of "happy" when they hear "Gay". And who could be against Happy soldiers and Happy marriage?

New Poll Shows Support for Repeal of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

"Democrats in the poll seemed particularly swayed by the wording. Seventy-nine percent of Democrats said they support permitting gay men and lesbians to serve openly. Fewer Democrats however, just 43 percent, said they were in favor of allowing homosexuals to serve openly..."

• Banned
Wondering if you two were polled. Or just have reading comprehension issues.

• Banned
So the typical liberal response of when nothing to say you play the dumb card.

I am old enough to remember when conservative meant keeping government out of our lives.
Today, those that wear a baseball hat everywhere they go with a "C" believe that is what makes them a conservative.
If you really are a conservative you never have to tell anyone and you can leave your hat with the "C" on it at home. They will know you are a conservative by your actions, not by your hat.
Gays, lesbians, homosexuals, bisexuals, whatever; what a non issue. If they want to serve let them.

Wondering if you two were polled. Or just have reading comprehension issues.

Neither. But, if you think there is some difference in these results, you might want to get help w/ YOUR reading comprehension.

The wording of the question proved to make a difference. Seven in 10 respondents said they favor allowing “gay men and lesbians” to serve in the military, including nearly 6 in 10 who said they should be allowed to serve openly. But support was somewhat lower among those who were asked about allowing “homosexuals” to serve, with 59 percent in favor, including 44 percent who support allowing them to serve openly.

In the 'gay men and lesbians' group, 60% said okay. In the other group 59% said okay. No frigging difference at all.

I am old enough to remember when conservative meant keeping government out of our lives.
Today, those that wear a baseball hat everywhere they go with a "C" believe that is what makes them a conservative.
If you really are a conservative you never have to tell anyone and you can leave your hat with the "C" on it at home. They will know you are a conservative by your actions, not by your hat.
Gays, lesbians, homosexuals, bisexuals, whatever; what a non issue. If they want to serve let them.

I don't really disagree. Especially with the current strain on our military. I just thought it was funny that 36% of Democrats don't seem to equate Gay/Lesbian with Homosexuals.

I don't really disagree. Especially with the current strain on our military. I just thought it was funny that 36% of Democrats don't seem to equate Gay/Lesbian with Homosexuals.

Democrats in the poll seemed particularly swayed by the wording. Seventy-nine percent of Democrats said they support permitting gay men and lesbians to serve openly. Fewer Democrats however, just 43 percent, said they were in favor of allowing homosexuals to serve openly. Republicans and independents varied less between the two terms.

You do realize that in order for the each entire group to poll at 60%, that if the Dems had swings of 36%, republicans and independents had to swing just about as far the other way, don't you? Or did you think you found some sort of statistical tidbit that would allow for your partisianship?

Democrats in the poll seemed particularly swayed by the wording. Seventy-nine percent of Democrats said they support permitting gay men and lesbians to serve openly. Fewer Democrats however, just 43 percent, said they were in favor of allowing homosexuals to serve openly. Republicans and independents varied less between the two terms.

You do realize that in order for the each entire group to poll at 60%, that if the Dems had swings of 36%, republicans and independents had to swing just about as far the other way, don't you? Or did you think you found some sort of statistical tidbit that would allow for your partisianship?

What part of "varied less between the two terms" is unclear?
There is nothing stated that the polling was evenly distributed between parties.

What part of "varied less between the two terms" is unclear?
There is nothing stated that the polling was evenly distributed between parties.

You really can't think for yourself, can you? What does 'varied less' mean to you? When both groups were only 1 percentage point apart, what do you think the swing among republicans and independents would have to be considering the swing among democrats?

More liberal spin because their people think Gays and Homosexuals are two different things.

More liberal spin because their people think Gays and Homosexuals are two different things.

Can't (or won't) answer the question, huh. Or did your wittle bwain all of a sudden realize that you were making a complete ass of yourself?:razz::razz:

Oh I think I know just a little more about statistics than you do. Your liberal superiority complex is showing.

This whole thread would make more sense if the same people polled responded differently when asked the question with different wording. From what the article said, it seems they were different groups asked the question with the different wording.

This speaks more to how the wording of questions in polls can change results than it does to any inability of people following a particular political party being unable to differentiate between homosexual and gay.

Forum List

Back