Why don't Democratic politicians in the top 1% voluntarily pay more?

I want to give less to the treasury, I want you to give less to the treasury, I want rich and poor to give less to the treasury.

Don't have a choice though.

Those who say they want to give more can, but don't. Why is that?

Because it takes a collective effort to make a difference. One person acting alone is purely symbolic and will have no meaningful impact. But you knew that already, right?

Yes I knew that already, that's why all democrats who are rich and say they want their taxes raised should get together and pay more.

Would really show everyone that their actions match their words, and they aren't just pandering to people who aren't rich.

Sure, it's a nice gesture but not practical in the real world. But we both know that too.

Ask a stupid question.:cuckoo:

If he had asked you, he'd be asking a stupid person, but there is nothing stupid about his question.

Why do the fucking hypocrites of your shameful party not pay more in taxes?

We all know why.

It's a stupid question because it's a loaded question designed to distract from the fact that the republican fat-cats love those loopholes and handouts from the gov't. It's called corporate-welfare, stupid.

Because it takes a collective effort to make a difference. One person acting alone is purely symbolic and will have no meaningful impact. But you knew that already, right?

Yes I knew that already, that's why all democrats who are rich and say they want their taxes raised should get together and pay more.

Would really show everyone that their actions match their words, and they aren't just pandering to people who aren't rich.

Sure, it's a nice gesture but not practical in the real world. But we both know that too.

Sadly yes I agree again, politicians abiding by the principles they say they have when in front of a microphone is an impractical expectation.

But don't get me wrong I don't expect democrats to do what they say they will do, my OP is a simple question to help those who believe the propaganda to see the light.

Sadly yes I agree again, politicians abiding by the principles they say they have when in front of a microphone is an impractical expectation.

But don't get me wrong I don't expect democrats to do what they say they will do, my OP is a simple question to help those who believe the propaganda to see the light.

I hear what you're saying, but the problem is the two parties are both a lot of rhetoric and empty promises.

Ask a stupid question.:cuckoo:

If he had asked you, he'd be asking a stupid person, but there is nothing stupid about his question.

Why do the fucking hypocrites of your shameful party not pay more in taxes?

We all know why.

It's a stupid question because it's a loaded question designed to distract from the fact that the republican fat-cats love those loopholes and handouts from the gov't. It's called corporate-welfare, stupid.

How is it a loaded question?

1.) Democrat politicians have extra money

2.) They say they want the gov't to have more of their extra money

3.) The gov't would take their checks if offered.

4.) They don't give gov't the money.

Why is that? Do republicans force them not to give money to the treasury?

I hear what you're saying, but the problem is the two parties are both a lot of rhetoric and empty promises.

Well said, that's really the whole point I'm trying to get across.

Sure it's practical... If they all did it they could probably come up with what, a half a billion maybe?... Just enough to possibly help a fledgeling solar company startup or something... Job creation and everything...

Use your imagination...

Sure it's practical... If they all did it they could probably come up with what, a half a billion maybe?... Just enough to possibly help a fledgeling solar company startup or something... Job creation and everything...

Use your imagination...

Ok, I'm imagining you not having a creepy man crush on Dr. House.

Imagine that.

no, it points out the reeking hypocrisy of your shameful party. You want to raise taxes ON OTHER PEOPLE. You sure aren't going to pony up more yourselves.

Fucking hypocrites.

Forum List

Back