Why Don't Churches Pay The IRS

I am all for taxing churches. They are a business like any other business.

What are they selling? How are they making money other than tithing, donations etc? The don't "charge" for anything. The pastor and all expenses are paid by the members and whatever else they get in "donations". I know some smaller churches that could easily not have to pay any taxes once all the expenses are shown.....

What do lawyers sell? They get taxed. What do financial advisors sell? They get taxed.

They CHARGE for their services....Churches don't. You can still go to church and not give them one dime. A lawyer or financial advisor wouldn't let you in the door!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I know you might no tbe familiar with this amendment to the Constitution, or the Constitution itself. But this amendment is why the IRS cant tax Churches. The Federal Government was expressly forbidden to pass any laws against Churches.

Then they need to obey the verses,

"Matthew 22:20-22
King James Version (KJV)

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way."

'Course most of them don't even know what's in the bible...much less follow the instructions

And most people who read understand that these verses are totally irrelevant to the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I know you might no tbe familiar with this amendment to the Constitution, or the Constitution itself. But this amendment is why the IRS cant tax Churches. The Federal Government was expressly forbidden to pass any laws against Churches.

Really? Where in the 1st amendment does it say that churchs don't have to pay taxes? Show it to us.

Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

A tax is a law.

Hence, they can't do it.

Then they need to obey the verses,

"Matthew 22:20-22
King James Version (KJV)

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way."

'Course most of them don't even know what's in the bible...much less follow the instructions

The Church's owe Caesar NOTHING. It's in the constitution....so "leagally" they cannot be taxed. God isn't going to expect them to pay tax when they don't owe it. So you just contredicted yourself! Lol!

If all the patriots had draft dodged the way George W. Bush did we would be speaking Spanish. 'Course there wasn't any national guard in Texas then.....:)

That's about as relevant to this discussion as a chicken carrying a machine gun.

Benefit of the public and not intended for private gain. Now tell me why the left wing bigoted, biased propaganda source Media Matters is tax exempt.

Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

A tax is a law.

Hence, they can't do it.

The courts have traditionally held the power to tax is the power to kill/control, and so taxing churches violates the First Amendment. And, contrary to the assertions of the fags with compacted shit, even if churches were taxed, there would be no tax revenue from the churches. The IRS collects income taxes, churches simply have no net income and no sales. 100% of their revenues, donations, is spent on church expenses and operations (helping people). They don't pay out profits to owners.

Further, Churches really aren't given special treatment. Non-profit organizations are not taxed. These fags might want the IRS to harass churches. Really, what fags and liberals want is to create a false impression that Churches are given special treatment to promote more anti-Christian bigotry in society.

The fags and liberals are 100% for Churches being given special unfavorable treatment.

Churches have long dabbled in politics and been centers of political organizers.

I would like to see churches taxed, with substantial exemptions & deductions for actual charity work done.

Doesn't make it right. It religious folks are going to push their political agenda to millions every Sunday the very least they should have to do is pay taxes just like any other small business....after all, that's what they are...plain and simple.

Dude.

He just agreed with you.

:lol:

They preach politics every Sunday. What goddam business has the church got telling Caesar what to do:

Franklin Graham: Obama is shaking his fist at God | Religion | Rock Hill Herald Online

"Franklin Graham: Obama is shaking his fist at God

By MICHAEL GORDON

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - In another provocative comment aimed at Barack Obama, evangelist Franklin Graham on Thursday accused the president of having "shaken his fist" at God by changing his position on same-sex marriage.
"It grieves me that our president would now affirm same-sex marriage, though I believe it grieves God even more," Graham said in a prepared statement.
"This is a sad day for America. May God help us."

Moveon.org doesn't pay taxes either.

Forum List

Back