Why doesnt the government print its own money debt free?

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
The government should never have to go into debt. Power to issue money should lie with congress it makes no sense.

The government should never have to go into debt. Power to issue money should lie with congress it makes no sense.

I'll send an email to Bernanke and let him know about the concern.

I'll forward it to the Morgans too, they might have some sympathy.

Goldman Sachs would revolt.
They are too big to fail, I mean how else is the government supposed to buy their own bonds? From themselves?? That would be unAmerican.

I can't think of one good, honest reason why the Fed doesn't charter it's own central bank and print it's own money and rein in the power of it's own fractional reserve lending capacity.

I can't think of one good reason why any of that power is given away free to banks.

It makes as much sense to give every family the same rights that banks are granted: to lend money with the multiplier of fractional reserves, get direct loans from the Federal Reserve at discount rates have deposits insured by the FDIC at tax payer expense.

Imagine how the economy would prosper if every household was granted the divine rights of bankers?

Forum List

Back