Why doesn't Michigan gov. want cops and firefighters to have the right to work?

Referring to someone who works as a paid, part-time firefighter as a volunteer does not make it so...it just makes you look stupid. Yet again: if they are paid for their services, then they are, by definition, not, repeat NOT, repeat NOT volunteers! This is NOT complicated!

All across America the term is used. Just because your limited experiences show ignorance is not my problem.

You do not get to make up your own meanings for words. Doing so only makes you look stupid.

Volunteer fire fighters call themselves that. I was a little surprised they got paid too. Facts are facts. In your case, denial looks really stupid. First responders have a large element of volunteers in our area too. $50 per answered call, if your one of the first three or four on scene.

Last edited:
You do not get to make up your own meanings for words. Doing so only makes you look stupid.

Volunteer fire fighters call themselves that. I was a little surprised they got paid too. Facts are facts. In your case, denial looks really stupid. First responders have a large element of volunteers in our area too. $50 per answered call, if your one of the first three or four on scene.
then by your reasoning i volunteer for my job, even though i get paid for that service.

great wing nut logic.

then by your reasoning i volunteer for my job, even though i get paid for that service.

great wing nut logic.

It isn't my reasoning. Volunteer fire fighters call themselves that. You must be pretty worried about how this effects your whole approach to the issue. :lol:

One of the reasons its called volunteer probably has to do with responding to the calls. If you are too far away when the call comes in, you don't respond.

I seriously doubt you volunteer for anything.

great wing nut logic.

It isn't my reasoning. Volunteer fire fighters call themselves that. You must be pretty worried about how this effects your whole approach to the issue. :lol:

One of the reasons its called volunteer probably has to do with responding to the calls. If you are too far away when the call comes in, you don't respond.

I seriously doubt you volunteer for anything.
just because they call themselves that doesnt mean they meet the definition.

i dont have a dog in this fight. it does not change the job that they in fact do, but you seem to be unable to understand that when someone is paid for a service they are providing they are no longer considered a volunteer. now there are still many actual volunteer fire fighters out there in the pure sense of the word.

your ability to reason and comprehend is sorely lacking. i serious doubt you have much of an education or intellect of any kind.

Why doesn't Michigan gov. want cops and firefighters to have the right to work?
This baffles me.

At long last, most people have a right to work in Michigan now. But not the cops and firefighters. The right to work law exempts cops and firefighters. Why on Earth wouldn't we want our cops and firefighters to have the right to work? That's absurd! The Michigan legislature and governor must truly hate the police and firefighters to want to deny them the right to work! You'd think these folks would be the FIRST you'd want to have the right to work!

My god.....you don't have the good sense that god gave a lemon.

Do right to work laws protect the right to work?

Referring to someone who works as a paid, part-time firefighter as a volunteer does not make it so...it just makes you look stupid. Yet again: if they are paid for their services, then they are, by definition, not, repeat NOT, repeat NOT volunteers! This is NOT complicated!

If their pay does not exceed their expenses they are still volunteers.

i dont have a dog in this fight. it does not change the job that they in fact do, but you seem to be unable to understand that when someone is paid for a service they are providing they are no longer considered a volunteer. now there are still many actual volunteer fire fighters out there in the pure sense of the word.

your ability to reason and comprehend is sorely lacking. i serious doubt you have much of an education or intellect of any kind.

Words have multiple definitions moron.

I don't have a dog in this fight, is always the cry of someone who does.

Volunteeers get reimbursed for mileage when they drive people to appointments in some not-for-profits. SpPend a quick second looking up hack in the dictionary followed by a peak in your mirror.

Words have multiple definitions moron.

I don't have a dog in this fight, is always the cry of someone who does.

Volunteeers get reimbursed for mileage when they drive people to appointments in some not-for-profits. SpPend a quick second looking up hack in the dictionary followed by a peak in your mirror.
so volunteer has multiple definitions? can you point to the one where it states volunteers are paid for their services? id really like to see that one.

apparently you do have a dog in the fight otherwise you would have shut up a long time when you realized that you were in fact wrong. the fact the you keep trying to dig your way out of the stupidity hole youve dug for yourself, shows how ignorant you in fact are. you may just be the 2nd most retarded person on the board outside of goneberzerk.

a reimbursement is not that same as getting paid for services. hence the word "reimbursement." you might want to look that one up in the dictionary before you open that sewage hole you call a mouth.

The IRS recognizes the tax deductibility of voluteers using their vehicles while preforming a service. To be honest, I'm just enjoying your stupidity on display, so please repost. lol

The IRS recognizes the tax deductibility of voluteers using their vehicles while preforming a service. To be honest, I'm just enjoying your stupidity on display, so please repost. lol

having something be tax deductible and being paid for a service are not that same. someone with a grade school education would know and understand this. something which apparently you dont have. charitable donations are tax deductible, but they are not considered compensation for doing so.

you are not only a failure, but an epic failure. wanna try again retard?

Last edited:
lol

The gift that keeps on giving. Don't ever change! Not like you could.
wow, you must be the dumbest person on this board. is that avatar a self portrait?

you seriously think something being tax deductible is the same as getting paid? comon.....
full_retard.jpg

and you just did.

People call you specail, but not for the reason you think Leftie.

So I established that volunteer fire fighters refer to themselves as volunteers AND many get paid.
No refuting link by Leftie.

I noted the IRS uses the term volunteer to identify individuals providing a service.

I even suggested the dictionary be consulted:

vol·un·teer/ˌvɒl ənˈtɪər/ Show Spelled [vol-uh n-teer] noun
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
3. Military . a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, especially for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.
4. Law.
a. a person whose actions are not founded on any legal obligation so to act.
b. a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protect in making the payment.
5. Agriculture . a volunteer plant.
6. ( initial capital letter ) a native or inhabitant of Tennessee (used as a nickname).
7. of, pertaining to, or being a volunteer or volunteers: a volunteer fireman.
8. Agriculture . growing without being seeded, planted, or cultivated by a person; springing up spontaneously.

Person | Define Person at Dictionary.com

lol

Last edited:
People call you specail, but not for the reason you think Leftie.

So I established that volunteer fire fighters refer to themselves as volunteers AND many get paid.
No refuting link by Leftie.

I noted the IRS uses the term volunteer to identify individuals providing a service.

I even suggested the dictionary be consulted:

vol·un·teer/ˌvɒl ənˈtɪər/ Show Spelled [vol-uh n-teer] noun
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
3. Military . a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, especially for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.
4. Law.
a. a person whose actions are not founded on any legal obligation so to act.
b. a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protect in making the payment.
5. Agriculture . a volunteer plant.
6. ( initial capital letter ) a native or inhabitant of Tennessee (used as a nickname).
7. of, pertaining to, or being a volunteer or volunteers: a volunteer fireman.
8. Agriculture . growing without being seeded, planted, or cultivated by a person; springing up spontaneously.

Person | Define Person at Dictionary.com

lol
wow you finally discovered a dictionary.

notice how none of your definitions state that volunteers are paid for their services. and #2 actually support my arguments: a person who performs a service willingly and without pay. and it doesnt state that volunteer fire fighers are paid for the services. combine #2 with #7 and you get a fire fighter who performs a service willingly and without pay.

thanks FTW!!!!

you continue to go full retard. youre making this way too easy.

So you are suggesting those who serve in a volunteer military aren't paid idiot? Its in there Mr. Denial.

So you are suggesting those who serve in a volunteer military aren't paid idiot? Its in there Mr. Denial.
when you volunteer for the military you are doing so of your free so yes you volunteer to join. however you must pass the physical fitness test and be psychological test as well before you are part of the military and are paid. once you enter the military however you are no longer considered a volunteer in the sense of the word as you are being paid for your services. but then again, no one expects you to understand this since its way over your head.

if you really want to follow the strict definition and apply it to every aspect of life then you volunteer for your job as well since no one forces you to take a job. but apparently you can't understand this. that full retard thing is really hurting you there.

when you volunteer for the military you are doing so of your free so yes you volunteer to join. however you must pass the physical fitness test and be psychological test as well before you are part of the military and are paid. once you enter the military however you are no longer considered a volunteer in the sense of the word as you are being paid for your services. but then again, no one expects you to understand this since its way over your head.

if you really want to follow the strict definition and apply it to every aspect of life then you volunteer for your job as well since no one forces you to take a job. but apparently you can't understand this. that full retard thing is really hurting you there.

None of this is in the definition idiot. Btw, they pay you for the "tryout". lol

Please don't meltdown on me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back