Why doesn't Canada

I'll take a guess and suggest that they may not have any population centers dense enough for it to make economic sense.

I told you it was guess.

Hello?

Pages in category "Oil refineries in Canada"

The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
A

Alberta's Industrial Heartland

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex
Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

Husky Lloydminster Refinery

I

Irving Oil Refinery

L

List of oil facilities in Montreal

M

Montreal East Refinery (Gulf Oil Canada)
Montreal East Refinery (Shell Canada)
Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

Oakville Refinery (Petro-Canada)
Oakville Refinery (Shell Canada)

P

Prince George Refinery

R

Refinery Row (Edmonton)

S

Scotford Upgrader
Strathcona Refinery (Imperial Oil)

whoopsies forgot the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Oil_refineries_in_Canada

Last edited:
Hello?

Pages in category "Oil refineries in Canada"

The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
A

Alberta's Industrial Heartland

B

Burnaby Refinery

C

CCRL Refinery Complex
Come By Chance Refinery

D

Dartmouth Refinery

H

Husky Lloydminster Refinery

I

Irving Oil Refinery

L

List of oil facilities in Montreal

M

Montreal East Refinery (Gulf Oil Canada)
Montreal East Refinery (Shell Canada)
Montreal Refinery

N

Nanticoke Refinery

O

Oakville Refinery (Petro-Canada)
Oakville Refinery (Shell Canada)

P

Prince George Refinery

R

Refinery Row (Edmonton)

S

Scotford Upgrader
Strathcona Refinery (Imperial Oil)
Then why don't they refine it themselves?

I,m just guessing here but it would probably be a problem shipping fuel to Asia if a port is iced in during the winter.

I,m just guessing here but it would probably be a problem shipping fuel to Asia if a port is iced in during the winter.
I see Harper's threat as pretty empty. The cost of shipping to Asia for refining would be even more energy inefficient than shipping to Texas. Especially if we were footing the bill for the pipeline.

I never realized Harper was such a shit.

I see Harper's threat as pretty empty. The cost of shipping to Asia for refining would be even more energy inefficient than shipping to Texas. Especially if we were footing the bill for the pipeline.

#1 you aren't footing the bill for the pipeline. Our west coast ports aren't iced in ever. You guys look so stupid in this thread it's really funny.

And we will be selling to China. And making mega bucks.

:lol:

#1 you aren't footing the bill for the pipeline. Our west coast ports aren't iced in ever. You guys look so stupid in this thread it's really funny.

Who's we? The profits made by a few are not necessarily a good reason to do a damned thing.

Who's we? The profits made by a few are not necessarily a good reason to do a damned thing.

see how pretzelized their brains are

But Mr. Jacobson made it clear that this week’s decision was not the administration’s final word on the Keystone XL project.

“I know it should not be perceived as a rejection of the pipeline but instead as a rejection of this 60-day time line that was imposed with the extension of the payroll tax deduction,” Mr. Jacobson said

The deadline “was arbitrary,” Mr. Jacobson said. “There simply was not enough time or enough information to be able to evaluate whether or not the route was in the national interest.”

The ambassador rejected Republican suggestions that the U.S. should fear Canadian efforts to expand oil exports to China.

“I don’t see it as a threat, quite frankly,” he said. “And people who perceive it as such don’t understand trade. I assume that with or without the Keystone pipeline, Canada will seek to open up markets around the world, including China, for energy and for all of its other products, just as the United States does U.. . .

“The more things that Canada sells around the world, the more U.S. content goes into those products or the more U.S. equipment goes into extracting those products, and the more money there is in Canada to buy things in the United States. That’s the nature of trade: we all win.”

U.S. shrugs off Ottawa’s warnings over Keystone XL - The Globe and Mail

On another note, this little nugget was in the news today and it is also on wikipedia:

However, in 2011 it was reported that the U.S., for the first time since 1949, had become a net fuel exporter, and fuels (including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel) were the top export. This leads many to question the validity of the energy security argument, since it seems that additional Alberta tar sands oil processed in the Gulf region is likely to be exported to foreign nations with ease through the Gulf of Mexico. As stated in a USA Today article, "...analysts say those [overseas fuel] sales are likely generating higher profits per gallon than they would have generated in the U.S. Otherwise, they wouldn't occur."

We don't seem to need Canada's oil so why are the Republicans so eager to get it?

While the media fixates on the political spin around the Obama government’s rejection of TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline, there’s another, more important element to this story that has been grossly underplayed: growing domestic U.S. oil production, which will slash U.S. dependence on imported oil in the years ahead.

After decades of decline, U.S. oil output is growing rapidly again, thanks to the use of fracking (hydraulic fracturing) technology to open up previously untapped tight oil or shale oil deposits. (So much for Peak Oil theory.)

Some analysts say North Dakota’s Bakken field alone — where output has doubled to more than 500,000 barrels a day over the past two years — could produce as much as one million barrels a day in a few short years.

That’s nearly as much oil as the U.S. now imports from Mexico (its third-largest source of foreign crude, behind Canada and Saudi Arabia), and almost half as much as the 2.3 million barrels a day the U.S. currently imports from The Great White North, the top foreign supplier.

Growing U.S. energy output a threat to Canada | Edmonton Journal

build its own refineries if they think their oil sands are so valuable?

Central and Eastern Canada tend to buy oil from outside the country rather than from the oilsands.

Harper says pipeline debate should be left to Canadians - Politics - CBC News

:eusa_eh:

Because it makes much more Economic Sense to sell it to us. Of course. If they are looking to export, why would they build refineries? Do you even understand how it works? You don't Refine the stuff and then ship it to market. Costs way to much that way. That's why even countries that have no Oil have Refineries. So they can buy Crude and make gas.

lol

Last edited:
We don't seem to need Canada's oil so why are the Republicans so eager to get it?

Wait so because our Production is up we don't need oil from Canada? Last time I checked we still get a very big chunk of our Oil from Venezuela and the Middle east, Despite our own Production. Every Drop We buy from our Close ally, and neighbor Canada is a Drop we don't have to buy from the Middle East or Good Ole Hugo.

On another note, this little nugget was in the news today and it is also on wikipedia:

However, in 2011 it was reported that the U.S., for the first time since 1949, had become a net fuel exporter, and fuels (including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel) were the top export. This leads many to question the validity of the energy security argument, since it seems that additional Alberta tar sands oil processed in the Gulf region is likely to be exported to foreign nations with ease through the Gulf of Mexico. As stated in a USA Today article, "...analysts say those [overseas fuel] sales are likely generating higher profits per gallon than they would have generated in the U.S. Otherwise, they wouldn't occur."

While the media fixates on the political spin around the Obama government’s rejection of TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline, there’s another, more important element to this story that has been grossly underplayed: growing domestic U.S. oil production, which will slash U.S. dependence on imported oil in the years ahead.

After decades of decline, U.S. oil output is growing rapidly again, thanks to the use of fracking (hydraulic fracturing) technology to open up previously untapped tight oil or shale oil deposits. (So much for Peak Oil theory.)

Some analysts say North Dakota’s Bakken field alone — where output has doubled to more than 500,000 barrels a day over the past two years — could produce as much as one million barrels a day in a few short years.

That’s nearly as much oil as the U.S. now imports from Mexico (its third-largest source of foreign crude, behind Canada and Saudi Arabia), and almost half as much as the 2.3 million barrels a day the U.S. currently imports from The Great White North, the top foreign supplier.

Growing U.S. energy output a threat to Canada | Edmonton Journal

ll

Ravi the US oil producing states stand to gain. That was the point of Phase III. Everyone could link in and get their product to the Gulf Refineries.

Ezra Levant wrote a great book about Ethical oil. Do you really want to keep working with and getting your oil from dictators who starve their own or work with a country who has been your friend since both our inceptions?

How do we work this out? If you really want to keep getting oil from dictators, well hell's bells that changes our relationship doesn't it?

build its own refineries if they think their oil sands are so valuable?

Central and Eastern Canada tend to buy oil from outside the country rather than from the oilsands.

Harper says pipeline debate should be left to Canadians - Politics - CBC News

:eusa_eh:

Because it makes much more Economic Sense to sell it to us. Of course. If they are looking to export, why would they build refineries? Do you even understand how it works? You don't Refine the stuff and then ship it to market. Costs way to much that way. That's why even countries that have no Oil have Refineries. So they can buy Crude and make gas.

lol

Actually we have mega refineries coast to coast. But they are drilling this so fast and NO ENVIROWHAKIES we are not running out, we have a serious surplus day to day.

If you'd like I'll try to pull them up again. 18 mega.

Forum List

Back