Why doesn't anti-Americanism count as racism when Americans are a race?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I don't mean the political sense. I mean the sense of hate or intolerance towards people of the American ethnicity and our culture. It doesn't seem much different than hate for, say, Arabs or Turks.

Simple. Racism is a system where one group benefits to the detriment of others. Since Americans pretty much run this country others cant be in a position to practice racism as a group.

Actually we're not a race per se...

... but rather a population or demographic...

... comprised of many different races.

I don't mean the political sense. I mean the sense of hate or intolerance towards people of the American ethnicity and our culture. It doesn't seem much different than hate for, say, Arabs or Turks.
Which race would be categorized as American?
What happens when you put several ethnic groups in one area and leave them there to intermarry and merge their cultures for four hundred years?

What happens when you put several ethnic groups in one area and leave them there to intermarry and merge their cultures for four hundred years?
Mixed breeds....America is not just the USA, you know that?

Very old Irish stew?

We've been a melting pot since 'birth'.

Mixed breeds....
That's an apt description. Say you have dogs of one breed and dogs of another. They mix together so much that they begin to breed true. What happened is that the two originals became a distinct third. It's the same for humans, since we're really just another type of animal. When a population of one ethnic group and a population of another intermix for four centuries then at some point they eventually stop being two distinct groups. The primary difference is that we're continuously gaining new contributions to our gene pool.

America is not just the USA, you know that?
It is in the colloquial sense.

Mixed breeds....
That's an apt description. Say you have dogs of one breed and dogs of another. They mix together so much that they begin to breed true. What happened is that the two originals became a distinct third. It's the same for humans, since we're really just another type of animal. When a population of one ethnic group and a population of another intermix for four centuries then at some point they eventually stop being two distinct groups. The primary difference is that we're continuously gaining new contributions to our gene pool.

America is not just the USA, you know that?
It is in the colloquial sense.
When they begin breeding true the dominant genes take over.

Simple. Racism is a system where one group benefits to the detriment of others. Since Americans pretty much run this country others cant be in a position to practice racism as a group.
No, that isn't what racism is. You need to pick up a dictionary.

Forum List

Back