Why does your rep power go down?

i don't think that is entirely true. some of the most contentious posters have high reps and some of the more thoughtful posters have low reps because they end up on the wrong side of a popular opinion.

c'mon noomi...lol...look at the avatars out there and i am sure you can expand upon your suggestions on how to get positive rep.

Noomi is right.

If you want to know the true rep "value' of a poster, you divide their reps into the amount of posts they have made, not the length of time they have been here. You will find often that the ones with the most provocative avatars have a low amount of rep value.

I abdicated the reps system with the highest amount of reps to post ratio, on board....76.1. I just got tired of the games and they were serving me no purpose, other than to help others build their rep value, which I very much enjoyed doing. But I don't like to be at the top of anything, so if one feels that way, one just goes by the old adage, "know when to hold `em and know when to fold `em." I folded and have never been happier.

In case one cannot use a calculator to divide their reps into their post amount, then move the decimal to the left a notch or two, one can go here and use the 3-percent calculator....second field.

Math.com Homework Help Hot Subject: Percents

Enter first, your amount of reps, and then your posts amount. Presto. Your true rep value. :D

that isn't the value of a poster... especially on this now rightwing board. for some it's only the value that one's half naked avatar gets. :thup:

Just panties. What else do I need?

i don't think that is entirely true. some of the most contentious posters have high reps and some of the more thoughtful posters have low reps because they end up on the wrong side of a popular opinion.

c'mon noomi...lol...look at the avatars out there and i am sure you can expand upon your suggestions on how to get positive rep.

Noomi is right.

If you want to know the true rep "value' of a poster, you divide their reps into the amount of posts they have made, not the length of time they have been here. You will find often that the ones with the most provocative avatars have a low amount of rep value.

I abdicated the reps system with the highest amount of reps to post ratio, on board....76.1. I just got tired of the games and they were serving me no purpose, other than to help others build their rep value, which I very much enjoyed doing. But I don't like to be at the top of anything, so if one feels that way, one just goes by the old adage, "know when to hold `em and know when to fold `em." I folded and have never been happier.

In case one cannot use a calculator to divide their reps into their post amount, then move the decimal to the left a notch or two, one can go here and use the 3-percent calculator....second field.

Enter first, your amount of reps, and then your posts amount. Presto. Your true rep value. :D

that isn't the value of a poster... especially on this now rightwing board. for some it's only the value that one's half naked avatar gets. :thup:

If I put more clothes on my Avatar I will get more rep?

Who da think?

I make fun of anyone that seems to have cowardly opted-out of the rep system, I don't care what your affiliation is.

I opted out because I didn't want to bother keeping track or, for that matter, even knowing how the "system" (such as it is) works.

Its just not relevant to me.

If that makes me a "coward", so be it but I kinda like not seeing it and not thinking about it. Indeed, I forgot about it until this latest thread about it.

Information seeking question: WHY do you all seem to care so much about it?

I make fun of anyone that seems to have cowardly opted-out of the rep system, I don't care what your affiliation is.

I opted out because I didn't want to bother keeping track or, for that matter, even knowing how the "system" (such as it is) works.

Its just not relevant to me.

If that makes me a "coward", so be it but I kinda like not seeing it and not thinking about it. Indeed, I forgot about it until this latest thread about it.

Information seeking question: WHY do you all seem to care so much about it?

Tell the truth, you opted out because you negged someone twice in 48 hours after whinging about all the neg reps you kept getting.

Wait, you just admitted it was too hard to understand the rules.

After reading the explanations, I think it is a very nice and fun popularity game, but not completely, because it correlates with how long you have been here and how fast you stop talking to people who give you negative reps without comments.

some people choose to opt out of the system altogether, in part for the reasons you've mentioned.

AquaAthena explains it well.

Others, like the hemorrhoid here, opt out of the rep system because they support terrorists and don't want people to know how unpopular that is.

i don't support terrorists. if, because i objected to a muslim poster being accused of worshipping a "pig fucking, rapist pedophile" somehow equates, in your, syrenn's and wolfsister's mind, to my supporting terrorists. then you three have lost sight of the intent of the first amendment.

i opted out strictly because i no longer wished to play the game, for a number of reasons. for the record, i had pos reps when i opted out and i was rising quickly, and my posts are no different now than they were before i opted out.

some people choose to opt out of the system altogether, in part for the reasons you've mentioned.

Others, like the hemorrhoid here, opt out of the rep system because they support terrorists and don't want people to know how unpopular that is.

i don't support terrorists. if, because i objected to a muslim poster being accused of worshipping a "pig fucking, rapist pedophile" somehow equates, in your, syrenn's and wolfsister's mind, to my supporting terrorists. then you three have lost sight of the intent of the first amendment.

i opted out strictly because i no longer wished to play the game, for a number of reasons. for the record, i had pos reps when i opted out and i was rising quickly, and my posts are no different now than they were before i opted out.

I won't speak for others, but the reason I say you support terrorists is because you support terrorists.

Noomi is right.

If I put more clothes on my Avatar I will get more rep?

Who da think?

Felix the Cat... is naked yet furry.. it's a conundrum in receiving reps..

Is it just my imagination or do those who have opted out of the rep system care way more about it than the rest of us do?

No it isn't your imagination.

For all noobs that want to increase your rep: join the coffee shop and/or put suggestive pictures in your avie and change them often!

I won't speak for others, but the reason I say you support terrorists is because you support terrorists.

well, it is certainly your prerogative to indulge in fits of hysteria. i suppose an appropriate response on my part would be to accuse you of supporting pushing racial minorities in front of subway trains or being in favour of the shooting of of non-christians in their place of worship.

you can spin anything any way that you wish.

what i actually support is the constitution of the united states of america...and that is about all i support, the principles contained therein.

Seal-I have reasons for not liking you and this is one of them. Do not put words in my mouth. I never said anything about this comment but you went after me for not calling it out. It isn't my job to do that. And you held it against myself and Noomi for remaining silent. Silence does not mean agreement. The people here can speak for themselves. They don't need your or I to do it for them.

Post often, and be nice to people, and you will gain more positive rep. :)

Noomi is right.

What was your rep power when you opted out?

Noomi is right.

a lot.... 4k+ if i recall correctly. She did not opt out becasue she was getting negged.

Is it just my imagination or do those who have opted out of the rep system care way more about it than the rest of us do?

No it isn't your imagination.

For all noobs that want to increase your rep: join the coffee shop and/or put suggestive pictures in your avie and change them often!

Or wear a weird hat. You and Jillian don't hang out in the coffee shop. Neither do Syrenn or Si Modo. Explain why your rep is so high. Why is Jill's?

Noomi is right.

a lot.... 4k+ if i recall correctly. She did not opt out becasue she was getting negged.

I realize that. I was trying to figure out how she got that 76 number

My rep power went down from 12 to 11 today. How is this possible?

someone gave you a negative rep.

Maybe we should show him how it goes down. :tongue:

I think the mods should dial everyone's rep back by 90% like Gunny used to do.

First, it would put everyone back on relatively equal footing. Second, hilarity would ensue as posters melt down nonstop.

Last edited:
After reading the explanations, I think it is a very nice and fun popularity game, but not completely, because it correlates with how long you have been here and how fast you stop talking to people who give you negative reps without comments.

+without a comment. Their are rep circle jerks here that will shoot you a neg to piss you off, then use you as a chew toy. Watch for them.

Forum List

Back