Why does your opinion matter?

_dmp_

Oct 16, 2003
I'm tiring of reading/hearing "Well, I have the RIGHT to express my opinion" and "My opinion should be respected" or "All opinions are valid"

Look - Frankly, there's a good chance your opinion DOES NOT matter. Chances are high that your opinion cannot be backed up by FACT or even DATA. There are very few people who originate 'opinion'...most others, YOU even, tend to steal OTHERS' opinions and claim them as your own.

As a rule, people who have never served their nation have no right to an opinion criticizing how that nation operates.

Take it from me...nobody cares.

That's all.

:D

Originally posted by dmp
I'm tiring of reading/hearing "Well, I have the RIGHT to express my opinion" and "My opinion should be respected" or "All opinions are valid"

Look - Frankly, there's a good chance your opinion DOES NOT matter. Chances are high that your opinion cannot be backed up by FACT or even DATA. There are very few people who originate 'opinion'...most others, YOU even, tend to steal OTHERS' opinions and claim them as your own.

As a rule, people who have never served their nation have no right to an opinion criticizing how that nation operates.

That's all.

You're a special, positive person. You remind me of light itself.

Originally posted by dmp

Well I think that's bullshit! People "serve" their country every day. They work (absolute necessity for the gov't to run), they pay taxes, they obey laws. These people have every right in the world to question authority. That's why we have freedom of speech in this country. Just because the gov't makes a decision doesn't mean that it's the right one.

Thinking like that doesn't get anyone anywhere. Our fuckin' "nation" wouldn't even be here if it weren't for criticizing gov't!

Originally posted by dmp

That's all.

Well, who the hell cares what you think, pal?? :D

dmp,

What do you think, people have to join the military to have the right to speak out? Do you think that every person in America is going to join the military? Did you read the last line of my previous post? Are you really that stupid?

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
dmp,

What do you think, people have to join the military to have the right to speak out? Do you think that every person in America is going to join the military? Did you read the last line of my previous post? Are you really that stupid?

I'm probably smarter than you, first off. Not guaranteed, but its likely.

Don't put words in my thread. Read what I wrote, then see if you want to edit your post, Chucky.

;)

Reading Comprehension Own3s.

Originally posted by dmp

That's all.

damn glad I served then ;)

Originally posted by dmp

Believe me, I read what you wrote. Specifically, the above sentence sticks out. As a rule? to be enforced by WHO?

Believe me, I read what you wrote. Specifically, the above sentence sticks out. As a rule? to be enforced by WHO?

then why would you reply with this:

What do you think, people have to join the military to have the right to speak out?

I didn't mention the Military...I mentioned "Serving their nation"

Get it?

As a rule to be enforce by ME. People who are too afriad to serve their nation have no validity to their arguments criticizing those who DO serve...or who HAVE served. Military...Civil Service...Law Enforcement...Emergency Responses...take your pick. Give something back to try to better situations, rather than sit back on your ass bitching about how 'you' could do it better.

So do you have any respect for Presidents that don't fit that description?

Originally posted by Scourge
So do you have any respect for Presidents that don't fit that description?

Uh?

EVERY president fits the description. Every president, simply by holding political office meets the requirement to have validity to bitching about how things are done.

(shrug)...

Originally posted by dmp

As a rule to be enforce by ME. People who are too afriad to serve their nation have no validity to their arguments criticizing those who DO serve...or who HAVE served. Military...Civil Service...Law Enforcement...Emergency Responses...take your pick. Give something back to try to better situations, rather than sit back on your ass bitching about how 'you' could do it better.

Do expect everyone to get those types of jobs? If those are the only occupations you would "allow" (for someone to have the priviledge to speak out), then "your" country would be quite disfunctional.

As far as I'm concerned, any job is "serving" the country (all except a few). Somebody has to do it. I have a couple of friends that are in the insurance business. You may not call that serving the country, but someone has to do it.

As far as people that choose not to work, that's a different story, but even they have the right to freedom of speech (not that I'm condoning unemployment, but you get the idea).

Do expect everyone to get those types of jobs? If those are the only occupations you would "allow" (for someone to have the priviledge to speak out), then "your" country would be quite disfunctional.

As far as I'm concerned, any job is "serving" the country (all except a few). Somebody has to do it. I have a couple of friends that are in the insurance business. You may not call that serving the country, but someone has to do it.

As far as people that choose not to work, that's a different story, but even they have the right to freedom of speech (not that I'm condoning unemployment, but you get the idea).

again...

This isn't a freedom of speech issue. It's a 'validity of opinion' issue.

Those who refuse to serve their nation have no validity in their criticizm. Id Est, Don't bitch about a problem, unless you offer a possible solution.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back