Why does white music suck so much?

Originally posted by Moi
Something tells me that when R&B and rap are the way of the dinosaur, "white" music as you call it will live on. Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Handel, etc. were all around centuries before africans began making popular music and I would bet that it'll continue for centuries yet to pass.

On that note, I also think that Japanes music was around long before either...won't be going away anytime soon.

You're crazy if you think r&b and rap are going away. R&b and rap ARE pop music now. MTV no longer many rap shows anymore why? Because rap IS pop, they play it all day long anyway.

Unfortanately, I have to agree! even Z100 play nothing BUT RAP!!! It's all the kids ask to listen to, they even took away the Country station and put in RAP instead!!!!:mad:

Rap as a good form of music went away a long time ago. Like I've said a lot, I think Outkast is one of the only good rap acts out there now, as their entire catalogue does not consist of "I've got more money than you" or "I'm going to kill you".

I kinda wish R&B would get better, honestly, the old Motown stuff back in the 50's/60's was great, classic stuff.

Originally posted by Dan
Rap as a good form of music went away a long time ago. Like I've said a lot, I think Outkast is one of the only good rap acts out there now, as their entire catalogue does not consist of "I've got more money than you" or "I'm going to kill you".

I kinda wish R&B would get better, honestly, the old Motown stuff back in the 50's/60's was great, classic stuff.

Outkast is doing totally innovative pophiphop crossover stuff.

Documentary on the american russian immigrant choreographer Balanchine.
Downright beautiful dancing, and music. Check it out on PBS :)

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
One of my all-time favorite films: No Way Out. Brilliant script.

No Way Out had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.

(Damn, I sound like Siskel and Ebert, don't I? :laugh: )

Ya in N.America culture is horrible because it is run by blacks. White music is awesome our folk music is way better than any black uncultured tribal music.

Ever listen to Trance? Go to europe after that you will wish you were white. I hate when I see blacks trying to were gucci, versaci they have to stop acting white!

why is it that everyone who thinks they can carry a tune thinks they should be putting music out? i mean, are are scouts this deaf as to not know bad talent as well as good? some of the new shit is just that, shit. its not a question of white or black, cause there are equal amounts of shitty talent on both sides (sides being metaphorically).
i like old school metal. they dont make that anymore, regardless of what they call it now days. sadly it died in the mid - late 90's.
im still mourning!

There is good black music (Bob Marley!!!!!) and there is bad black music (Lauryn Hill).

There is good white music (me! plus numerous rock bands) and there is bad white music (Jessica Simpson, among others).

END OF STORY

gop_jeff said:
There is good black music (Bob Marley!!!!!) and there is bad black music (Lauryn Hill).

There is good white music (me! plus numerous rock bands) and there is bad white music (Jessica Simpson, among others).

END OF STORY
I'm getting my necromancer personality on today.

Jeff: Why do you think Lauryn Hill is bad music? Any particular reason?

insein said:
nothing like picking up a 2 year old conversation like it was 2 minutes ago. :rolleyes: :p
Like I said, necromancer move of the day. I stumbled on this thread searching for something else.

Forum List

Back