Why does Warren Buffet want higher taxes?

When Bush left office the unemployment rate was 7.8% and skyrocketing upward as the country was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month.

Try again.

Indeed. But, some stupid sons of bitches will never admit reality if it means having to admit something about Bush era tax cuts.

The Bush tax cuts was never promoted at the time enacted as job producing, it was giving back from a greedy government. Also democrats didnt want to give it back they wanted to spend it.

Glad we could clear that up for you.

And yet that is exactly how it has been repackaged and resold in order to keep from letting them end.

But, by all means, cry about some dems instead of providing any kind of evidence beyond tired shit from your echo chamber.

You cleared something up, alright. And then you get flushed down the toilet with the same shit you wipe up.

Indeed. But, some stupid sons of bitches will never admit reality if it means having to admit something about Bush era tax cuts.
The tax rates didn't cause the housing crash, fool.

Point out where anyone suggested that tax rates caused the housing crash, you fucking idiot.

:rofl:

nice strawman attempt, I guess.
Let's see...A thread about taxes....The usual suspects howling about Chimpola's tax policy and unemployment rates, which were statistically zero during his regime....

Then someone throws in the jump in unemployment at the end of his tenure, which came from the housing crash not any tax policy....After which you chime in "YEAH!, YEAH!...hehhehheh.

Great picture of a non sequitur (that means that one thing has nothing to do with the other)...I suppose you could fill it in with all sorts of pretty colors out of your box of Crayolas.

Last edited:

The Bush tax cuts was never promoted at the time enacted as job producing, it was giving back from a greedy government. Also democrats didnt want to give it back they wanted to spend it.

And yet that is exactly how it has been repackaged and resold in order to keep from letting them end.

But, by all means, cry about some dems instead of providing any kind of evidence beyond tired shit from your echo chamber.

You cleared something up, alright. And then you get flushed down the toilet with the same shit you wipe up.

LOL Such drama! The fact is regulation and the constant threat of increases is holding back the economy. Not to mention fucking over investors.

If you were at least half way smart you would know this.. Ok have another glass. Is todays flavor grape or cherry? BECAUSE EVEN THE MOST BRAIN DEAD ECONOMISTS DONT CONFUSE CAUSATION AND EFFECT, BUT YOU MANAGED.

The tax rates didn't cause the housing crash, fool.

Point out where anyone suggested that tax rates caused the housing crash, you fucking idiot.

Let's see...A thread about taxes....The usual suspects howling about Chimpola's tax policy and unemployment rates, which were statistically zero during his regime....

Then someone throws in the jump in unemployment at the end of his tenure, which came from the housing crash not any tax policy....After which you chime in "YEAH!, YEAH!...hehhehheh.

Great picture of a non sequitur (that means that one thing has nothing to do with the other)...I suppose you could fill it in with all sorts of pretty colors out of your box of Crayolas.

Pointing out that Bush era tax cuts hasn't created jobs while you laughably get pwned on your use of "statistics" isn't a non-sequiter. ESPECIALLY when your side tried to insist that jobs WERE created during the build up of a housing bubble.

pay attention, you fucking dunce. Just because you are too slow for the long bus doesn't mean the rest of us are wearing your same, coned headware.

LOL Such drama! The fact is regulation and the constant threat of increases is holding back the economy. Not to mention fucking over investors.

If you were at least half way smart you would know this.. Ok have another glass. Is todays flavor grape or cherry? BECAUSE EVEN THE MOST BRAIN DEAD ECONOMISTS DONT CONFUSE CAUSATION AND EFFECT, BUT YOU MANAGED.

No, those are not facts. Those are your OPINIONS. When you figure out how to tell the difference between the two then maybe you'll get somewhere in life.

Maybe you can go support another politician that advocates the hemorrhaging of jobs to foreign labor in the name of free market capitalism while crying about regulation. That ironic joke gets funnier each time you wackjobs post it.

derrrr derrrrr a kool aid punchline, derrrr.... IN CAPS NO LESS.

I can understand why you've failed so miserably in this thread.

Pointing out that Bush era tax cuts hasn't created jobs while you laughably get pwned on your use of "statistics" isn't a non-sequiter. ESPECIALLY when your side tried to insist that jobs WERE created during the build up of a housing bubble.

pay attention, you fucking dunce. Just because you are too slow for the long bus doesn't mean the rest of us are wearing your same, coned headware.
Again, unemployment was statistically zero until the housing crash...

Was that because of the lowering of tax rates?...I don't know and we cannot really know because like every other aspect of Keynesian voodoo, it's not really falsifiable.

That said, if Chimpy had a (D) next to his name, frothing-at-the-mouth moonbats like you would be claiming that the unemployment rate would've been higher (which cannot possibly be proven any more than can the converse) had the given policy not been in effect.

Last edited:

Was that because of the lowering of tax rates?...I don't know and we cannot really know because like every other aspect of Keynesian voodoo, it's not really falsifiable.

That said, if Chimpy had a (D) next to his name, frothing-at-the-mouth moonbats like you would be claiming that the unemployment rate would've been higher (which cannot possibly be proven any more than can the converse) had the given policy not been in effect.

"STATISTICALLY"

Your assumptions about an unknowable correlation between housing market jobs and tax cuts would be cute if they weren't so fucking stupid. But, don't let those assumptions keep you from quoting them as "STATISTICALLY" true.

Or, laughable, assuming how we'd react if if a (D) were behind a name!

youmad, bro?

Face it, if tax breaks have been the constant, then the drastic fluctuation of employment rates into the gutter proves that they are ineffective in providing jobs. NO one is hearing that shit anymore, dude. You might as well still be insisting that Saddam had WMDs.

"STATISTICALLY"

Your assumptions about an unknowable correlation between housing market jobs and tax cuts would be cute if they weren't so fucking stupid. But, don't let those assumptions keep you from quoting them as "STATISTICALLY" true.

youmad, bro?

Face it, if tax breaks have been the constant, then the drastic fluctuation of employment rates into the gutter proves that they are ineffective in providing jobs. NO one is hearing that shit anymore, dude. You might as well still be insisting that Saddam had WMDs.
That's right...5% unemployment is statistically full employment....Has been so for decades....Your ignorance of that fact isn't my problem.

I've drawn no correlation between the housing market and tax rates...I've only pointed out that the housing crash and corresponding increase in the unemployment rate had nothing whatsoever to do with tax rates, whether they be higher or lower....Claiming that tax rate reductions are ineffective in combating unemployment is just as un-provable as the converse...Too many variables and you cannot roll back the clock to falsify your premise.

Try reading for comprehension sometime...It'll really sharpen up your communication skills.

But there was no net gain of American jobs during his eight years.

Gotta link for this one?

theWashingtonPost.gif

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy, workers

For most of the past 70 years, the U.S. economy has grown at a steady clip, generating perpetually higher incomes and wealth for American households. But since 2000, the story is starkly different.

The past decade was the worst for the U.S. economy in modern times, a sharp reversal from a long period of prosperity that is leading economists and policymakers to fundamentally rethink the underpinnings of the nation's growth.

It was, according to a wide range of data, a lost decade for American workers. The decade began in a moment of triumphalism -- there was a current of thought among economists in 1999 that recessions were a thing of the past. By the end, there were two, bookends to a debt-driven expansion that was neither robust nor sustainable.

There has been zero net job creation since December 1999. No previous decade going back to the 1940s had job growth of less than 20 percent. Economic output rose at its slowest rate of any decade since the 1930s as well.

Middle-income households made less in 2008, when adjusted for inflation, than they did in 1999 -- and the number is sure to have declined further during a difficult 2009. The Aughts were the first decade of falling median incomes since figures were first compiled in the 1960s.

GR2010010101701.gif

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
2001 136181 136577 137155 137022 137121 137737 138239 136809 136835 136885 136370 136269 136933
2002 134177 135443 135558 135903 136559 137181 137495 137295 137377 137551 136684 136599 136485
2003 135907(1) 136433 136783 137424 137567 138468 138503 138137 137731 138619 138700 138556 137736
2004 136924(1) 137384 137691 138423 138867 139861 140700 140226 139641 140447 140581 140278 139252
2005 138682(1) 139100 139759 140939 141591 142456 143283 143142 142579 143340 142968 142918 141730
2006 141481(1) 141994 142772 143405 144041 145216 145606 145379 145010 146125 146014 146081 144427
2007 144275(1) 144479 145323 145297 145864 146958 147315 146406 146448 146743 147118 146334 146047
2008 144607(1) 144550 145108 145921 145927 146649 146867 145909 145310 145543 144609 143350 145362
2009 140436(1) 140105 139833 140586 140363 140826 141055 140074 139079 139088 139132 137953 139877
2010 136809(1) 137203 137983 139302 139497 139882 140134 139919 139715 139749 139415 139159 139064
2011 137599(1) 138093 138962 139661 140028 140129 140384

Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age

Do you not see the ridiculousness of this argument?

No. I think we should all give more to charity. Ergo, I donate. I think we should all pay taxes due from us according to current law. Ergo, I hire accountants and bookkeepers to tally the totals and remit my fair share.

Buffet thinks people should pay more to the government. He should set the example and put his money where his mouth is (as he has done for charity).

I agree. If Warren and other uber rich feel they don't pay enough in taxes then I'm sure the Govt will be more than willing to take any and all that they wish to donate.

Hey Asty. Where are you located in Central Florida??

I'm in Melbourne.

Winter Haven

"STATISTICALLY"

youmad, bro?

That's right...5% unemployment is statistically full employment....Has been so for decades....Your ignorance of that fact isn't my problem.

I've drawn no correlation between the housing market and tax rates...I've only pointed out that the housing crash and corresponding increase in the unemployment rate had nothing whatsoever to do with tax rates, whether they be higher or lower....Claiming that tax rate reductions are ineffective in combating unemployment is just as un-provable as the converse...Too many variables and you cannot roll back the clock to falsify your premise.

Try reading for comprehension sometime...It'll really sharpen up your communication skills.

You've been schooled by EVEN TORO about how laughable that reliance upon "statistical" unemployment is, dude.

Maybe, instead of crying in defense of your failed opinion, you should try that reading comprehension thing before suggesting it to others.

After all, I can quote everyone in this thread that have called you out on your "statistical" comprehension while you can... uh.... cry about being called out on the same.

No, those are not facts. Those are your OPINIONS. When you figure out how to tell the difference between the two then maybe you'll get somewhere in life.

Maybe you can go support another politician that advocates the hemorrhaging of jobs to foreign labor in the name of free market capitalism while crying about regulation. That ironic joke gets funnier each time you wackjobs post it.

LOL Is this one of your self pleasuring moments. Democrats do that a lot, so you didnt disappoint.

"STATISTICALLY"

youmad, bro?

You've been schooled by EVEN TORO about how laughable that reliance upon "statistical" unemployment is, dude.

Maybe, instead of crying in defense of your failed opinion, you should try that reading comprehension thing before suggesting it to others.

After all, I can quote everyone in this thread that have called you out on your "statistical" comprehension while you can... uh.... cry about being called out on the same.
....in practice, full employment generally corresponds to an unemployment rate of about 5 percent. This 5 percent unemployment rate, often termed the natural unemployment rate, includes both frictional and structural unemployment.

AmosWEB is Economics: Encyclonomic WEB*pedia

I believe you were howling something about being "schooled"?

Rube.

LOL Is this one of your self pleasuring moments. Democrats do that a lot, so you didnt disappoint.

Didn't have a retort that didn't end in, "WAHAHAAAAAA WHAHAAAAAAA MY PUSSY HURTS WWHAAAAAA!", I see..

....in practice, full employment generally corresponds to an unemployment rate of about 5 percent. This 5 percent unemployment rate, often termed the natural unemployment rate, includes both frictional and structural unemployment.

AmosWEB is Economics: Encyclonomic WEB*pedia

I believe you were howling something about being "schooled"?

Rube.

"At AmosWEB, we take economics seriously, but with a touch of whimsy. We recognize the importance of economics to our lives, careers, and citizenship, but we try to have a little fun with it along the way. On the one had... serious. On the other hand... whimsical. A balance much like that of demand and supply."

A couple of measurement problems exist that could cause the official unemployment rate to be understated or overstated.

Understated: Anyone with a paying job is officially counted as being employed. Unfortunately, this includes those working part-time, who want to work full-time. In theory, a person working 20 hours a week, who is willing and able to work 40 hours a week should be considered as "half employed." The official unemployment rate calculation only considers such workers as employed.

Moreover, to be officially counted as unemployed a person must be actively seeking a job. Unfortunately, this excludes discouraged workers who have stopped looking for employment. They are willing and able to work, and in principle should be considered as unemployed, but they have simply stopped looking. The official unemployment rate calculation does not consider these workers as unemployed nor part of the labor force.

Including both part-time workers and discouraged workers would tend to increase the unemployment rate.

Overstated: The Current Population Survey relies on respondents answering questions truthfully. Some respondents, however, might be inclined to deceive the survey takers. A prime example are those working in illegal industries, such as gambling, prostitution, or controlled drugs. They obviously do not want this information reported to a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT agency. Other respondents might be working at legal jobs (perhaps under one name), but also collecting welfare, Social Security, or unemployment compensation (under another name). These folks also have little inclination to reveal this information to the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

:lol:

Last edited:
So, you cannot refute the factual economic information....Thought so.

Get back to your Crayolas, s0n.

See, the laughable joke to your short bus rebuttal is that you keep insisting that a blind acceptance of 5% unemployment rate should disregard what we KNOW about the housing bubble as it propped up this unreliable statistic.

Again, you've been schooled time and again on this. But, I guess you can dig up some clown of an website to keep repeating 5%, despite its origin, if you want...

The number of jobs in the nation increased by about 2 percent during Bush's tenure, the most tepid growth over any eight-year span since data collection began seven decades ago. Gross domestic product, a broad measure of economic output, grew at the slowest pace for a period of that length since the Truman administration. And Americans' incomes grew more slowly than in any presidency since the 1960s, other than that of Bush's father.

Bush Lead During Weakest Economy in Decades - washingtonpost.com

You see, dumbass, this isn't about pointing at a single number and refusing to understand the full spectrum of the picture at hand.

but, that is why you've been schooled left and right in this thread thus far.

ED-AI876_1bushe_NS_20090116182820.gif

When Bush left office the unemployment rate was 7.8% and skyrocketing upward as the country was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month.

Try again.

Luckily the huge Obama stimulus only wasted $800 billion and kept unemployment from rising above 8%.

the recession COULD have been worse. I guess, with a bandage, you'll never really know how deadly a hemorrhage could have been. I guess you can always blame blood for flowing though.

If you have any proof that the stimulus kept unemployment from exceeding 8%, I'd be interested in seeing it.

In fairness, the weak growth wasn't Bush's fault. He had to deal with both the collapse of the tech bubble and 9/11. The tech bubble collapse unto itself meant the economy was going to grow slowly, just like the collapse of the housing bubble has condemned us to slow growth for years. And the tax cuts did help somewhat. But tax cuts are not always and everywhere a panacea to economic problems.

Forum List

Back