Why does Warren Buffet want higher taxes?

He believes that if there must be sacrifice, then the Rich should have a share of that sacrifice.

common sense.

As long as you stop trying to define rich as any income over 200k I am with ya.

I'll agree with that, as long as we can also agree that the "outrage" about teachers making 100K is equally stupid.

The right are jumping on him because he's making sense...it's part of their MO...

Making sense? How many more prostitutes need to be taught to drink responsibly? How many more shrimp treadmill studies do we need?

How many times should we change out windows to a never to be reopened visitor center?

Do you get the point or not?

The right are jumping on him because he's making sense...it's part of their MO...

Making sense? How many more prostitutes need to be taught to drink responsibly? How many more shrimp treadmill studies do we need?

How many times should we change out windows to a never to be reopened visitor center?

Stretch the point much? Enter strawmen into arguments, much?

I could go on...

I could go on...

Everything I mentioned was funded by this admin. EVERYTHING!!!

I could go on...

Really?

Because I'm pretty sure that funding comes from Congress, not the President.

Because he cares about his country.

Too bad there aren't more like him.
If he cares so damned much, why doesn't he cut the treasury a check for a few billion today?...Y'know, to be down with the whole "sacrifice" thingy?

What's stopping him?

His money is probably better placed elsewhere, such as directed towards charities he can manage and control.

Warren Buffet is a savvy investor after all. He's not going to dispose of his money just so you can score some inane point on a chatboard. But its hilarious to see a right-winger decide how other people's money should be directed. Hilarious.

Really?

Because I'm pretty sure that funding comes from Congress, not the President.

Did his signature finalize the deal? YES OR NO?

If a guy gets out of prison, and kills again, is it his fault, or the Judge who signed his release?

If you're going to play the blame game (every bill ever signed by a President has been full of pork), at least put the blame where it belongs (the Senators and Congressmen who put the pork in there in the first place).

If he cares so damned much, why doesn't he cut the treasury a check for a few billion today?...Y'know, to be down with the whole "sacrifice" thingy?

What's stopping him?

His money is probably better placed elsewhere, such as directed towards charities he can manage and control.

Warren Buffet is a savvy investor after all. He's not going to piss away his money just so you can score some inane point on a chatboard.

Then you agree giving money to the government is pissing it away.

What's stopping him?

Not charities he controls - a charity that Bill Gates controls.

Buffett already donated 35 Billion dollars to it.

He believes that if there must be sacrifice, then the Rich should have a share of that sacrifice.

common sense.

I'll agree with that, as long as we can also agree that the "outrage" about teachers making 100K is equally stupid.

I have nothing against paying teachers what they are worth. My problem with the Current Union System is that it protects the bad Teachers. There should be some way for us to reward good teachers who get results, and get rid of those who do not. Unions do not exist to look out of our kids. They exist to get the best deal for their teachers, with the least amount of performance needed to get it.

Last edited:

What's stopping him?

Warren Buffet is a savvy investor after all. He's not going to dispose of his money just so you can score some inane point on a chatboard. But its hilarious to see a right-winger decide how other people's money should be directed. Hilarious.
THE HELL YOU SAY?!?!?!?!?!?

Giving money to the gubmint is just a big waste?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ladies and genitals, my work here is done! :cool:

Last edited:

I have nothing against paying teachers what they are worth. My problem with the Current Union System is that it protects the bad Teachers.

I can agree with that too - I'm met plenty of bad teachers. But I've met more good teachers than bad.

My problem with with the current anti-teacher rhetoric that's been coming out of the right wing in the last 6 months. 100K isn't a ridiculous amount of money to pay a teacher - if anything, we should pay them more.

I'm firmly in the camp that teaching (for the right reasons) is one of the most honorable professions in the world.

Warren Buffett has his money, what does he care about paying more in taxes. It is the people that want to be successful, Want to be a Bill gates that those extra taxes hurt. All these extra taxes just hold people back keep them from investing into their businesses, keeps them from hiring workers. So the government can do better with your money then you right? Does anybody think a million dollars is a lot of money if you own a business? The government wastes 100s of billions of dollars a year and we want to give them more of our hard earned money? Makes no sense

bullshit. If there were a real correlation between low taxes on the wealthy and job creation we'd have seen as much during the era of bush tax cuts FOR the wealthy.

Forum List

Back