• No US dosent support Saudi Arabia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans should no longer remain so short sighted
their allaince with the Saudis may help them achieve short term goals
but te unholy allaince with the Saudi gave them 9/11 and Al-Qaeda
the mess in Afghanistan and Pakistan will only get worse if America continues to take the Saudi counsel and will bite back hard in the long term

People like this guy above apparently like to shoot off their "keyboard" while carrying the knowledge of the plastic their keybaord is made of..
The US is the number three largest oil producer. Top World Oil Producers, Exporters, Consumers, and Importers, 2006 — Infoplease.com
There is more untapped oil reserves under nearby waters and on land then in the Arabian Peninsula.
Actually if Russia had the will to do have their oil companies do so, Russia could surpass ALL other OPEC nations combined in oil production.
:clap2:Exactly:clap2:

Hey there denial duo... I'll put the same challenge to you two that I did every other "drill baby drill" con who ran from it.

Please support your argument and show a link that asserts proven reserve totals off our shores. Then divide whatever total you THINK you have by 85 million per day in global consumption. They are not finding any significant reserves anywhere on God's green earth, and haven't for over 30 years. Before you say it, heavy oil (sand and shale) is not light crude, and does not count, because it is not economically viable to sustain. This is about net energy, or EROEI.

What we produce now is not what is what we will produce next year, and will not sustain an economic model utterly dependent on infinite growth going forward. You understand this, yes? Well, probably not, but there it is. This is all well-documented, and confirmed by our Joint Chiefs and Dept. of Energy. The U.S. may be No. 3 currently, but is in terminal decline, while its demand continues to grow. You see how this might be a problem, no?

Energy IS growth. Energy IS liquid capital, and the promise of more tomorrow. It dictates lending and credit and expansion, as well as fuels our corporate food conveyor belt every day. WIthout cheap energy, things begin to break down. This is currently the case -- in its initial stages. It does not occur overnight. It has NOTHING to do with liberal law makers. If oil was under our shores in any significant quantity, it would be extracted... PERIOD.

A 2:1 EROEI ratio for extracting 50 million barrels (2 hours worth), such as what was under Deepwater Horizon, doesn't make a hill of difference. If you know of a pool found recently in excess of 5 billion barrels in our waters, please bring it forward. Shell, BP, Exxon and all the others are desperate to hear of your "find."

Again, show the data that proves we have "plenty", or STFU.

We don't, or else we'd drill it and not spend trillions occupying other nations. Use the logical side of your brain for once, instead of hope-based grand standing. In absence of that, rely on the math. Where is it?
Are you mentally challenged? If stopped using ME oil and used our own that would be a good thing. Of course our current technology doesn't allow us to do that yet but unless we start now we'll never cut the ME umbilical cord. You whiners that always say, "no" will be the death of this country. Now you STFU, bitch.:lol::lol:

oil

No one here gives a shit what happens in the Middle East. Unless it threatens oil supplies.

Because for some reason our left leaning politicians have decided it's better for us to import oil from dangerous operations overseas than to drill at home safely.

Makes no sense to me either.

Left leaning?

bush-hand-holding-saudi-queen.jpg

bush-holding-hands-with-saudi-royalty.jpg

The second-largest holder of voting stock in News Corp. is Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king. And through his philanthropies, Waleed has given generously to initiatives pursued by the imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf.

The prince and Rupert Murdoch. Fox news anyone?

murdoch.jpg

The Saudi Prince, The Mosque And Fox News : NPR

-----------------------------

No one shows more love for the Saudis than the right wing. No one.
What the hell does the ownership of FNC have to do with political leanings and energy policy here in the US? Answer: not a friggin thing.
You lefites know damned well it is yourside that plays the "gas prices are too high it's the GOP's fault" nonsense. And then you march to the drumbeat of "no drilling" when that IS the solution to our energy issues. It is democrats who crawl into bed with the enviro-wacko lobby looking for their unconditional support while agreeing to do whatever it takes to keep domestic oil production to a minimum. Some game you lefites are playing...
BTW, try checking Rupert MUrdoch's politcal leanings and which political ideology he like to donate to.

Oil drilled here is not ours. It goes to the same oil companies that drill in the Middle East.

Left leaning?

bush-hand-holding-saudi-queen.jpg

bush-holding-hands-with-saudi-royalty.jpg

The second-largest holder of voting stock in News Corp. is Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king. And through his philanthropies, Waleed has given generously to initiatives pursued by the imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf.

The prince and Rupert Murdoch. Fox news anyone?

murdoch.jpg

The Saudi Prince, The Mosque And Fox News : NPR

-----------------------------

No one shows more love for the Saudis than the right wing. No one.
What the hell does the ownership of FNC have to do with political leanings and energy policy here in the US? Answer: not a friggin thing.
You lefites know damned well it is yourside that plays the "gas prices are too high it's the GOP's fault" nonsense. And then you march to the drumbeat of "no drilling" when that IS the solution to our energy issues. It is democrats who crawl into bed with the enviro-wacko lobby looking for their unconditional support while agreeing to do whatever it takes to keep domestic oil production to a minimum. Some game you lefites are playing...
BTW, try checking Rupert MUrdoch's politcal leanings and which political ideology he like to donate to.

Oil drilled here is not ours. It goes to the same oil companies that drill in the Middle East.

HUH?..How deep do you libs dig for garbage....

To paraphrase JFK's innauguration speech "ask not why America supports Saudi Arabia" "ask why democrats have prevented the US from being independent of foreign oil for the last half century". Democrats thrive on chaos, anger and political intrigue. The last thing they want is a happy prosperous capitalistic society with cheap energy.

Point remains
Americans should no longer remain so short sighted
their allaince with the Saudis may help them achieve short term goals
like cheap oil
but the unholy allaince with the Saudi gave them 9/11 and Al-Qaeda
the mess in Afghanistan and Pakistan will only get worse if America continues to take the Saudi counsel and will bite back hard in the long term
9/11 and ME mess is the long term consequence of previous short-sighted policies

Because for some reason our left leaning politicians have decided it's better for us to import oil from dangerous operations overseas than to drill at home safely.

Yeah drill at home safely like BP has done all these years in the Gulf. :cuckoo: It is hypocritical of the US policy to support SA. The technology exists to develop alternative energy like hydrogen, but the oil companies will have none of that, it's all about money.

Yeah drill at home safely like BP has done all these years in the Gulf. :cuckoo: It is hypocritical of the US policy to support SA. The technology exists to develop alternative energy like hydrogen, but the oil companies will have none of that, it's all about money.
Shut it.
The gulf oil spill was an accident. Do we think shutting down air travel when there is a crash?
Stupid shit.
Ok, you go ahead and do your research. If you can find an inexpensive, efficient way to harvest hydrogen, build hydrogen powered vehicles and make those affordable, I'm all for hydrogen as an alternative fuel. Until then, NOT!!!!
You enviro- wackos are dreamers. You believe in the magic wand. "Oh, please President Obama, wave your magic wand and make all my problems go away".......

Oil and strategic regional influence.

Could it also be that while they are a Sharia influence country they are not threatening to other nations. They are friendly to America and American businesses. They are actively trying to combat Al Qaeda.

Shut it.
The gulf oil spill was an accident. Do we think shutting down air travel when there is a crash?
Stupid shit.
Ok, you go ahead and do your research. If you can find an inexpensive, efficient way to harvest hydrogen, build hydrogen powered vehicles and make those affordable, I'm all for hydrogen as an alternative fuel. Until then, NOT!!!!
You enviro- wackos are dreamers. You believe in the magic wand. "Oh, please President Obama, wave your magic wand and make all my problems go away".......
STFU, yourself, there is technology and it can and hopefully will be done. It has to go hand in hand with solar power. First of all, the hydrogen molecules in water are strongly bound to oxygen. Therefore, it takes (substantial) energy to split water into useful hydrogen (used by the fuel cell) and oxygen molecules. The majority of that energy in America is derived from coal power, which is why solar energy is needed to replace coal, at least for this purpose at the start in making hydrogen a feasible alternative.

The Solar-Powered Home Hydrogen Fueling Station : TreeHugger

Water Powered Car

Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars H2ICE Vehicles and Infrastructure

Furthermore the Gulf spill being an "accident"? Try negligence.

Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device - WSJ.com

Obama can fuck off and take whatever imaginary magic wand you assume I think he has with him. He takes his marching orders from the corporations and Wall street like the rest of the corrupt bastards.

Shut it.
Stupid shit.
STFU, yourself, there is technology and it can and hopefully will be done. It has to go hand in hand with solar power. First of all, the hydrogen molecules in water are strongly bound to oxygen. Therefore, it takes (substantial) energy to split water into useful hydrogen (used by the fuel cell) and oxygen molecules. The majority of that energy in America is derived from coal power, which is why solar energy is needed to replace coal, at least for this purpose at the start in making hydrogen a feasible alternative.

The Solar-Powered Home Hydrogen Fueling Station : TreeHugger

Water Powered Car

Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars H2ICE Vehicles and Infrastructure

Furthermore the Gulf spill being an "accident"? Try negligence.

Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device - WSJ.com

Obama can fuck off and take whatever imaginary magic wand you assume I think he has with him. He takes his marching orders from the corporations and Wall street like the rest of the corrupt bastards.

Yes yes yes.. All very nice.
The solutions are "possible" not probable.
The bottom line is if the new energy sources are not inexpensive to produce and efficiently deliverable to the marketplace, they are of no use to us.

I have a theory. I believe there are much less expensive and much more efficient technologies available now. For example, INDY CAR race engines burn methanol.
Methane is produced by among other things, rotting garbage and fermenting cattle shit.
With a few modifications, a standard internal combustion engine could run on Methanol.
The byproduct of methanol combustion is primarily water vapor.
Now for the cold hard truth. The world's economy is based on the free flow of petroleum.
There are literally millions of substances, fibers and other products that are derivatives of oil. Look around the room in which you are sitting. Now, try to count how many surfaces, substances and products are NOT created with the use of petro-chemical products. The answer is ZERO. we use oil for everything!! Even if the product has no oil or derivatives thereof contained within, the machines that made the product were lubricated with some type of petroleum based substance.
Hell, we even wash our hair with oil.
Anyway, this entire debate would be put to sleep for the next 1,000 years if the federal government would stop kowtowing to the enviro- nazis and we harvested OUR oil reserves. We could tell OPEC to cram their oil up their collective shitters.
Now, for a dose of political reality.
Suppose for a moment we here in the States decided that importing oil is a really bad idea. We announce a comprehensive plan to harvest our oil and would no longer be importing oil.
The political fallout would be mindboggling. The economies of the oil rich states would crumble under the weight of tumbling oil commodities prices.
So while you convince yourself that hydrogen and other energy sources will make your pain disappear, don't hold your breath.
I wrote to you "shut it"......You just had to take it up a few notches with the "STFU"..
Fine.....I win!

Yes yes yes.. All very nice.
The solutions are "possible" not probable.
The bottom line is if the new energy sources are not inexpensive to produce and efficiently deliverable to the marketplace, they are of no use to us.
Inexpensive or not, something has got to be done. Imagine the alternative.The shock to the nation that running out of supply will induce and the chaos it will cause demands immediate action.

I have a theory. I believe there are much less expensive and much more efficient technologies available now. For example, INDY CAR race engines burn methanol.
Methane is produced by among other things, rotting garbage and fermenting cattle shit.
With a few modifications, a standard internal combustion engine could run on Methanol.
The byproduct of methanol combustion is primarily water vapor.
Well sign me up :lol: What I'm not clear on is what energy source is needed to covert this stuff into methane. If we have to rely on electricity from coal fired plants, then that isn't good either.
Now for the cold hard truth. The world's economy is based on the free flow of petroleum.
There are literally millions of substances, fibers and other products that are derivatives of oil. Look around the room in which you are sitting. Now, try to count how many surfaces, substances and products are NOT created with the use of petro-chemical products. The answer is ZERO. we use oil for everything!! Even if the product has no oil or derivatives thereof contained within, the machines that made the product were lubricated with some type of petroleum based substance.
Hell, we even wash our hair with oil.
Anyway, this entire debate would be put to sleep for the next 1,000 years if the federal government would stop kowtowing to the enviro- nazis and we harvested OUR oil reserves. We could tell OPEC to cram their oil up their collective shitters.
I believe some of the things and products you mentioned can be made from other sources like Hemp for example.?

Now, for a dose of political reality.
Suppose for a moment we here in the States decided that importing oil is a really bad idea. We announce a comprehensive plan to harvest our oil and would no longer be importing oil.
The political fallout would be mindboggling. The economies of the oil rich states would crumble under the weight of tumbling oil commodities prices.
Well that would be something all oil producing nations would have to deal with, and how far off in the future we can't be sure of, but it eventually is going to happen. The oil reserves won't last forever.

So while you convince yourself that hydrogen and other energy sources will make your pain disappear, don't hold your breath.
I don't think I'll see the end of oil in my lifetime, but it worries me to think of the grandchildren and what kind of world they will have to live in because of this, and I'm all for the urgent advancement of alternative energy technology.

I wrote to you "shut it"......You just had to take it up a few notches with the "STFU"..
Fine.....I win!
I guess I took it the wrong way, my apologies. You bring up good points. But I don't think the country has enough oil to warrant the drilling and risk killing the environment like the Gulf region as a good trade off. The ECO system is too fragile, and it could cause more harm then good. Better to go full steam ahead with the alternative energies now and have something to fall back on.
This is something that is most important and I believe has had a great influence on the state of current affairs with 9-11 and the wars. It be great to have my Stang run 11s on pig shit! :lol:

I TOTALLY AGREE.

What moderator decided THIS THREAD is a conspiracy THEORY?

There is absolutely NOTHING theoretical about this thread and also there is no mention of a CONSPIRACY, either.

Moderators, your POV ought NOT to be used to impose YOUR EDITORIAL OPINION about reality.

Shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back