Why does Time Magazine name "the protestor" person of the year bother Repubs so much?

Because they're essentially conformists. After all, keep in mind that the 'conservative' colonists of the late 18th century supported King George.

Horse shit!!!!

These clowns that pretended to have a cause were all over the board. My complaint form the onset was lack of clarity and the inability to address the right group.
Now stay stupid it makes you feel better.

The right group? According to who? You? the arbiter of rightness?

Right group as in congress. Your knowledge of civics needs work.

Hey maybe Obama could hire a FEW MORE GOLDMAN SACHS BOYS TO MAKE YOUR CASE.

Their business sucks so they likely think being controversial with their annual pronouncement will get them attention that might lure a new customer or two.

The last one out at Time please turn out the lights.

Horse shit!!!!

These clowns that pretended to have a cause were all over the board. My complaint form the onset was lack of clarity and the inability to address the right group.
Now stay stupid it makes you feel better.

The right group? According to who? You? the arbiter of rightness?

Right group as in congress. Your knowledge of civics needs work.

Hey maybe Obama could hire a FEW MORE GOLDMAN SACHS BOYS TO MAKE YOUR CASE.

Next time start your own movement then tell them what you want them to do. I'm sure it will be more successful than your Monday morning quarter backing career.

So it doesn't bother most conservatives, but it DOES seem to bother the right wing talking heads like Maulkin and Limbaugh. If that is the case, who is listening to these people and why?

Malkin whined about it therefore all righties are up in arms about the choice by Time.

Wait a minute, is Time still a magazine?

Perpetual victim, no one said all...victim

Yep, I'm a victim of your stupidity.

This thread ain't going the you wanted, is it dumbass?

It's going just as planned. First the right claims they dont care, then they claim *subject* is irrelevent when that doesnt work they cry about the word "all" vs "some" and poop their pants about various ways they are the victim of everything. Now on to the personal attack phase :eusa_boohoo:

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Time has a history of absurdity, hell, they pronounced Hitler "Man of the Year".

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Time has a history of absurdity, hell, they pronounced Hitler "Man of the Year".

As they did with Mousilini...they have a history of siding with despots.

What do you two simpletons think "Man Of The Year" means, anyway? Do you think it means they are praising the recipient? :lol:
Laugh it up Sidestreamer...Time has a habit of siding with thier ideology...and those that parrot thier beliefs.

Tool.

"Man of the Year" or (more recently) "Person of the Year" -- for those who are too confused to already know this -- is not about someone that Time "approves of." It's about someone that the editors think impacted world events most strongly, FOR GOOD OR ILL.

I don't see how anyone could deny that Adolf Hitler impacted world events strongly. Time's pick of him for the title was downright prophetic, considering it was made in 1938. At that time, Hitler had achieved amazing political and diplomatic success, but his true calamitous impact on the world -- World War II -- was still a year in the future.

This doesn't mean Time thought Hitler was a nice guy or admirable. It just means that they thought he was IMPORTANT. And he was.

To the extent that Republicans actually are bothered by Time's choice, which I can't verify, it would surely be because our most recent large-scale protest has been on the part of Occupy. If Time had made the same choice last year, they would probably have applauded.

However -- I have to say that it's a good choice (as was Hitler). Protesters have rocked the boat all over the world this year, in Europe, the Middle East, and of course here. I also have a sense, which I'm trying to get into a set of coherent thoughts to write a blog post about, that this is a permanent change arising from social media.

All true. I look forward to your post.

As they did with Mousilini...they have a history of siding with despots.

What do you two simpletons think "Man Of The Year" means, anyway? Do you think it means they are praising the recipient? :lol:
Laugh it up Sidestreamer...Time has a habit of siding with thier ideology...and those that parrot thier beliefs.

Tool.
Yeah, that's why they have picked Bush twice, Rudy911, and Gingrich in the past 20 years. :lol:

Moron.

Plus, you just violated a USMB rule.

New Topics

Forum List

Back