Why does the United States remain Israel’s Ally?

W

White knight

Most Arab countries have something we vitally need, oil. What does Israel have that is of vital interest to the U.S.?

It seems that they are always getting us into deep trouble, and for what?

In 1967 they attacked for over an hour by air and torpedo boats, the American war ship USS Liberty, killing four, and wounding 172 American sailors.
In 1973-74 the Arab oil states, (OPEC) imposed an Oil Embargo on us for supplying weapons to Israel during the Yom Kippur War. This caused a severe recession in most of the western world, including the U.S.
And recently their fight with their Arab brothers has spilled out of their back yard into our yard.
I just want to know what is it that they are doing for us that is reason to put up with all the trouble?

I would think a good reason to keep the Isreal a state is the fact we woulod lose a major foot hold in the middle east which soon, hopefully we won't need now we have Iraq as a ally(maybe not for long), and also Afganistan. Simply for footholds we may need to use in the event of another war.

I was thinking along the same lines.
Maybe in the future they won't be worth all the trouble.
We need allies that can support us with troops, they are a no go in our current conflicts.

White knight said:
I was thinking along the same lines.
Maybe in the future they won't be worth all the trouble.
We need allies that can support us with troops, they are a no go in our current conflicts.

I don't know about that, Israel is more than capable of handling any crisis that happens to pop up. Not one of their neighbors is confident enough to step up to the plate and challenge them militarily. Israel is fully ready to stomp the hell out of any neighboring country that would be silly enough to confront her. This was proven back in '67, and since then Israel has only gotten stronger.

What's that spell out to you? Every one of their Arab neighbors has expressed their desire to destroy Israel publicly, and yet they won't fight openly.

Instead, they brainwash a stooooopid kid to strap bombs around themself and have them walk into a crowded bus full of civilians and detonate.

I see that you and William Joyce step carefully around each other, are you buddies? Your views with Israel are strikingly similiar.

Israel is the only true friend that we have in that region... if you haven't noticed, that area is a real problem these days.

Yeah, we've got bases in Iraq now, but that's still not a legit government. Israel's got a voice on the international stage, and they're fighting the same animals we're fighting.

The only difference is that they don't have thousands of miles of ocean separating their borders from millions of potential martyrs. They've been trying to protect themselves for decades now from the same Arab lunatics that we're now familiar with.

Were just feeling left out because we are not the 'Choosen one'.
The Oracle told us so,

White knight said:
Most Arab countries have something we vitally need, oil. What does Israel have that is of vital interest to the U.S.?

It seems that they are always getting us into deep trouble, and for what?

In 1967 they attacked for over an hour by air and torpedo boats, the American war ship USS Liberty, killing four, and wounding 172 American sailors.
In 1973-74 the Arab oil states, (OPEC) imposed an Oil Embargo on us for supplying weapons to Israel during the Yom Kippur War. This caused a severe recession in most of the western world, including the U.S.
And recently their fight with their Arab brothers has spilled out of their back yard into our yard.
I just want to know what is it that they are doing for us that is reason to put up with all the trouble?
is our support based only on our need? if you being attack by thugs, should i come on your aid because you are another human being in need of help or because you will give me some money for a help?

the idea that current world situtation and our standing in middle east and arab world is only due to our support of israel, is quite misguided imho.

White knight said:
Were just feeling left out because we are not the 'Choosen one'.
The Oracle told us so,
does your oracle use pigeons?

do you know what it means to be a "choosen one" to jews? What does it mean to you when you hear someone is called "choose one"

New Topics

Forum List

Back