Why Does The Right Love Israel?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Vanishing the Palestinians

by GHADA KARMI

When the Zionists decided in 1897 to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, the Jews of Vienna despatched a delegation to examine the country for its suitability. The delegation reported back as follows: "the bride is beautiful but she is married to another man". They had found that Palestine to their dismay was already inhabited by another people. And this has been Zionism’s central problem ever since. How to "vanish the Palestinians" and get an empty land? The latest manifestation of this imperative is the barrier wall, which Israel is currently building to separate and enclose Palestinian towns and villages in the lands it occupied after 1967. There are those who rightly point to the wall’s illegality and infringement of human rights. And the International Court of Justice has just affirmed this view resoundingly in its ruling, passed on 9.7.04 by 14 of the 15 judges, that the wall was an illegal structure when in the occupied Palestinian territories and that Israel would have to tear it down and make restitution for the damage it has caused to thousands of Palestinians. This position is entirely valid, but critics, in my view, have missed one crucial aspect of the wall’s purpose, which is, to "vanish" the Palestinians, to make them so invisible that Israelis can go on pretending that there is no "other man".

More: Vanishing the Palestinians » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

A Synopsis of the Israel/Palestine Conflict

The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict

Maps

Israel/Palestine: Refugees and Ethnic Cleansing

Jewish State: What it means & why all the controversy

Terrorism in Israel and Palestine

Religion in the Holy Land

The History of US-Israel Relations

The New Fusion: The Likud And The GOP - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Jordan is not Palestine - Focus - Al Jazeera English

True Torah Jews Against Zionism

A Website for Seekers of Truth

Book review: "Married to Another Man" | The Electronic Intifada

You have AMAZING propaganda resources. Obama could sure use you to go along with the actors guild and those other entertainers known as the media.

There's a big difference between hating Israel and being tired of having it constantly thrown in our face.

the borders of Israel have been decided by God.
no one cares what the U.N has to say about anything.

even if the Muslims had legitimate claim to that region, which they don't, we're talking about 1 percent of total Muslim land.
Muslims got their ass kicked, ...let it go.

it was set up so everyone gets to visit their holy land.
the Muslims unforgiving rule that anywhere their troops set foot,it belongs to them forver.

everyone who is anti-Israel is full of anti-Semitic fantasies, nothing good comes from them

even if the Muslims had legitimate claim to that region, which they don't, we're talking about 1 percent of total Muslim land.

the Muslims unforgiving rule that anywhere their troops set foot,it belongs to them forver.

everyone who is anti-Israel is full of anti-Semitic fantasies, nothing good comes from them

Why did God only give Israel only half of Jerusalem?

Whose God?

Because Israel has long been America's most important strategic ally. At a time when the US seemed to be losing the Cold War everywhere and had a policy of countering the expansion of Soviet influence with military force, Israel's defeat of Soviet client states, Egypt and Syria in 1967 and 1973 drove the Soviets out of the ME and made it unnecessary for the US to station a military force in the ME to prevent Soviet influence from reaching the Gulf oil fields. The US brokered peace treaty between Israel and Egypt has kept the Soviets out and the perception of US influence over Israeli policy among the Arab nations is a large part of the foundation for US prestige and influence in the ME. Indeed, the decision made in 1973 to begin supplying Israel, already the dominant power in the ME, with weapons was made explicitly in order to gain influence over Israeli policy because the perception of that influence was and is considered crucial to maintaining US influence in the rest of the ME.

Because Israel has long been America's most important strategic ally. At a time when the US seemed to be losing the Cold War everywhere and had a policy of countering the expansion of Soviet influence with military force, Israel's defeat of Soviet client states, Egypt and Syria in 1967 and 1973 drove the Soviets out of the ME and made it unnecessary for the US to station a military force in the ME to prevent Soviet influence from reaching the Gulf oil fields. The US brokered peace treaty between Israel and Egypt has kept the Soviets out and the perception of US influence over Israeli policy among the Arab nations is a large part of the foundation for US prestige and influence in the ME. Indeed, the decision made in 1973 to begin supplying Israel, already the dominant power in the ME, with weapons was made explicitly in order to gain influence over Israeli policy because the perception of that influence was and is considered crucial to maintaining US influence in the rest of the ME.

“Anti-Semitism” is a term that was coined in Europe during the latter half of the nineteenth century. Prominent Jewish scholars used it to characterize the emerging theories that “Semitic” races were inferior to “Aryan” races. Despite the fact that Arabs are Semitic, the term is now exclusively understood to mean “prejudiced against or hostile toward Jews,” according to all major dictionaries.

Refusal to recognize or support Israel has nothing to do with being “prejudiced against or hostile toward Jews” and everything to do with rejecting occupation, oppression and the myriad war crimes carried out by the Zionist state.

More: The Myth of Anti-Semitism « The Ugly Truth

All that "anti-Semite" name-calling bullshit from NaziCons used to scare people off - but not anymore! Facts are facts and truth is truth. Palestinians got fucked.

the US right supports Israel because they are Christian, and Israel is sacred to all Christians.

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this.

What we should question is why the same people feel the Israel government should get a free pass on politican events. It is as if Christians consider the government of Israel to be divine, which it is not.

All that "anti-Semite" name-calling bullshit from NaziCons used to scare people off - but not anymore! Facts are facts and truth is truth. Palestinians got fucked.
who's calling who names? asshole.......dnc was full of name calling even calling out mitt to kill him ...so shut the fuck up asshole

the US right supports Israel because they are Christian, and Israel is sacred to all Christians.

What we should question is why the same people feel the Israel government should get a free pass on politican events. It is as if Christians consider the government of Israel to be divine, which it is not.

You pretty much answered your own question. There is nothing "divine" about Israel.

You pretty much answered your own question. There is nothing "divine" about Israel.

Sacred, but not divine.

I think the reason the Israel/palestine issue is so vexed is because of the religio-cultural ownership Christians and Muslims bring to the issue, which is usually quite unhelpful. People feel they know what is right for Israel because they read the bible....this might have helped in the Year 0, but not in 2012.

Forum List

Back