Why does the right fear public healthcare?

Of course you are... You have no real arguemt to offer.. Typical rebuttlicans.. Party of No and the party of ignorance and the party of well?? Nothing..
Not everyone who disagrees with freaked out collectivist authoritarian moonbats like you is a republican, you intellectual Liliputian.

He lost the argument, don't be so nasty as to dissolve his fantasies. :cool:

Of course you are... You have no real arguemt to offer.. Typical rebuttlicans.. Party of No and the party of ignorance and the party of well?? Nothing..
Not everyone who disagrees with freaked out collectivist authoritarian moonbats like you is a republican, you intellectual Liliputian.

You need to change your sig.. Your not fighting for life.. And I didn't lose anything.. You morons ignored everything..

Where are the death panels?? Show me??

We are we dead least in preventable deaths.. Explain to me why??

Either respond to my arguements or shut the fuck up!

You need to change your sig.. Your not fighting for life.. And I didn't lose anything.. You morons ignored everything..

Where are the death panels?? Show me??

We are we dead least in preventable deaths.. Explain to me why??

Either respond to my arguements or shut the fuck up!

LOL! Where did one of 'us' go into death panels? That's your issue, not mine. You ignored what I said, thus the same to you.

No 'death panels' exist in any of the legislation.

Any who claims it is simply lying at this point, fully aware they are engaged in deception.

Simplest thing is to ignore them.

Bottom line is this..
You're stupid. For two reasons:

1.) "The right" can't stop anything the Democrats want to do, even if they "fear" it. To get anything passed they wish, Dems need only make it palatable to 90% of their OWN membership. And "the right" can't do a damn thing about it.

2.) Insurance companies are drooling, looking at the BILLIONS of new revenue government mandated health insurance will be giving them. Think of it: 47 million uninsured, and if only 40% of those get a private plan, that's billions in new revenue for "evil insurance" which will just get bigger and richer. And I will as well, because I am sinking my money into the four large health insurance providers' stocks.

MM, you are a fool. That is the only explanation for your drivel.

The Democrats will pass a health insurance reform bill: you know it, I know it, I suspect the rest of the stupidcons know it.

Oh, yes, the insurance companies support insurance reform. A 9th-grade student, hearing you say that, would shake her head and say, "MM is thinking out the butt. Lozer."

MM, you are a fool. That is the only explanation for your drivel.

The Democrats will pass a health insurance reform bill: you know it, I know it, I suspect the rest of the stupidcons know it.
Idiot, I have said from jumpstreet that they will get a plan passed, and it will probably have everything on their wish-list in it. Most recently, here: >click<

It's the blaming of "the right" and the GOP Congress critters that's drivel. Because they simply cannot stop anything the Dems want to do.
Oh, yes, the insurance companies support insurance reform. A 9th-grade student, hearing you say that, would shake her head and say, "MM is thinking out the butt. Lozer."
Well, looks like one just did!

If you cannot do the simple math needed to understand this concept, you need to get a remedial course. 40% of this new market going to the "evil" insurance companies means BILLIONS for them in NEW revenue, there's no getting around that.

The only thing in question? Is this an unintended consequence or a set-up, a bailout for Big Insurance, on our dime?

You don't notice the insurance lobby griping very much or very loudly... And that's why. They are gonna clean up!

I have watched this debate from all sides and outlets.. From Palin screaming about Death Panels to corporate funded tea parties in protest of something this nation should have had 100 years ago..

Bottom line is this.. The insurance companies stand to lose 6% of our economy, to use republican figures.. That is a huge loss, and reason for them to do anything they can to prevent it.. It is also the biggest arguement that we the people have to not listen to them.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose..

Let me repeat that.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose.. \

Death panels are a lie.. There never was any death panel in any bill and I challenge any conservative on this board to show otherwise in this thread! Political comic strips don't count.. Show me an actual house or Senate bill that has a death panel in it.. There isn't one and there never was..

Will our rates go up if there is a public option?? Probably? Is this a bad thing?? Well?? Let's just say it is another glowing example of how the insurance companies care more about profit and less about you and your health.. The CEO of United Healthcare earns $102,000 and hour.. That is simply insane and anyone that says the insurance companies are operating on slim profit margins is full of crap!! Not to mention, we can all go to our local insurance company and buy flood insurance.. Of course everyone knows that flood insurance is actually under written by the government.. But did you know that 50% of the primium you pay goes to the insurance company you purchased the policy from? Even though FEMA is who will pay your claim should you get flooded.. Also known as you the tax payer.. So the insurance companies get 50% of the premiums for a policy covered with tax dollars?? By the way this comes out to be about 40 billion dollars a year into the coffers of insurance companies for doing basically nothing and providing no service..

Anyone care to gues how much healthcare we could pay for with that 40 billion a year??

Now if you want to sit back and scream and piss and moan about how horrible the government is about running things consider this.. Without a government, there is no police department, fire department, 911 service, no highway system, no NASA, no electricity, no post office, no medicare, no social security, no military, no school system for our children, and countless other services that we all take for granted..

Granted, some of these are not in the best of shape.. Take public schools.. Well?? At some point rebuttlicans are going to have to learn that the government doesn't operate free of charge and things cost money.. Our schools need more funding.. Bottom line..

I love how a bunch of rebuttlicans go to washington to protest government spending and then have the balls to complain about the government funded transit system.. If you want something that works then you have to pay for it.. Simple as that..

We as a nation need a public option.. Period!! We can't afford to keep allowing the insurance companies to make billions on the death of us.. There is your death panel.. The insurance companies that you are so desperately trying to preserve..

Over 90% of the people in Canada approve of their healthcare system.. Are all those Canadians wrong or do they know something we don't?? Spare me all the rumors and stories about long lines for care and procedures not being performed and people dying.. They are lies plain and simple.. Go to Canada and see for yourself..

We are 37th for industrialized nations in giving quality healthcare to our peoplel.. 37th!!

Isreal is above us!!
Saudi Arabia is above us!!

Iceland, Chile, and many others are kicking our ass in health care.. France is number 1 in case you are interested..

We are dead last in preventable deaths.. DEAD LAST!!! And you want to fight to keep the same system we have?? How stupid can you be?? Wait don't answer that, you are rebuttlicans and you have been paid off by the insurance companies..

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

The only solution is a public option and later moving to a universal healthcare system free of insurance companies.. Our healthcare needs to be a nonprofit system like our police, fire department, and countless other agencies we take for granted..

Think about this.. Seriously.. Your life or the life of a loved one may depend on it..

My life & the life of one of my loved ones depends on NOT getting some beurocrat in Washington D.C. determining & making decisions on our health needs---:lol::lol:

As far as why the majority of Americans do not trust a public option government run health care plan?

1. Social security is bankrupt
2. Medicare is bankrupt
3. Medicade is bankrupt
4. And the worst of the worst--Fannie/Freddie both federal government run programs in which our dear government decided to lower lending requirements--while co-signing our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country. This is GROUND ZERO for this current economic collapse & ALL bail-outs lead right back to Fannie/Freddie.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html

After all of this-- give me one good reason why anyone would trust the Federal Government with their health care?---:lol:

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Last edited:
The right will try to give all kinds of reasons. But the truth is, they hate Obama. They want him to fail.

Notice how many say they don't want "government insurance" but have Medicare and Medicaid?

They even use that tired argument that the Government will destroy health care the way the Post Office destroyed UPS and Fed Ex.

The first one that says, "But Fed Ex and UPS are very successful businesses", will get a "Gold Star".

The right will try to give all kinds of reasons. But the truth is, they hate Obama. They want him to fail.

Notice how many say they don't want "government insurance" but have Medicare and Medicaid?

They even use that tired argument that the Government will destroy health care the way the Post Office destroyed UPS and Fed Ex.

The first one that says, "But Fed Ex and UPS are very successful businesses", will get a "Gold Star".

Where did this stinking pile of shit come from?
No, we hate health care reform because the ideas suck, have failed everyplace they have been tried, and will make our system worse not better. If Bush had proposed it, we would still be opposed.
The PO didnt destroy Fed Ex and UPS. They dont really compete in the same market anyway. In fact are barred by law from doing so.
If the government subsidized the PO's rates for packages to make sure everyone had equal access to postal service then that would destroy FedEx, because the PO could simply make up the difference from taxpayer money. This is exactly what is proposed in the public option, a subsidy.

I have watched this debate from all sides and outlets.. From Palin screaming about Death Panels to corporate funded tea parties in protest of something this nation should have had 100 years ago..

Bottom line is this.. The insurance companies stand to lose 6% of our economy, to use republican figures.. That is a huge loss, and reason for them to do anything they can to prevent it.. It is also the biggest arguement that we the people have to not listen to them.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose..

Let me repeat that.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose.. \

Death panels are a lie.. There never was any death panel in any bill and I challenge any conservative on this board to show otherwise in this thread! Political comic strips don't count.. Show me an actual house or Senate bill that has a death panel in it.. There isn't one and there never was..

Will our rates go up if there is a public option?? Probably? Is this a bad thing?? Well?? Let's just say it is another glowing example of how the insurance companies care more about profit and less about you and your health.. The CEO of United Healthcare earns $102,000 and hour.. That is simply insane and anyone that says the insurance companies are operating on slim profit margins is full of crap!! Not to mention, we can all go to our local insurance company and buy flood insurance.. Of course everyone knows that flood insurance is actually under written by the government.. But did you know that 50% of the primium you pay goes to the insurance company you purchased the policy from? Even though FEMA is who will pay your claim should you get flooded.. Also known as you the tax payer.. So the insurance companies get 50% of the premiums for a policy covered with tax dollars?? By the way this comes out to be about 40 billion dollars a year into the coffers of insurance companies for doing basically nothing and providing no service..

Anyone care to gues how much healthcare we could pay for with that 40 billion a year??

Now if you want to sit back and scream and piss and moan about how horrible the government is about running things consider this.. Without a government, there is no police department, fire department, 911 service, no highway system, no NASA, no electricity, no post office, no medicare, no social security, no military, no school system for our children, and countless other services that we all take for granted..

Granted, some of these are not in the best of shape.. Take public schools.. Well?? At some point rebuttlicans are going to have to learn that the government doesn't operate free of charge and things cost money.. Our schools need more funding.. Bottom line..

I love how a bunch of rebuttlicans go to washington to protest government spending and then have the balls to complain about the government funded transit system.. If you want something that works then you have to pay for it.. Simple as that..

We as a nation need a public option.. Period!! We can't afford to keep allowing the insurance companies to make billions on the death of us.. There is your death panel.. The insurance companies that you are so desperately trying to preserve..

Over 90% of the people in Canada approve of their healthcare system.. Are all those Canadians wrong or do they know something we don't?? Spare me all the rumors and stories about long lines for care and procedures not being performed and people dying.. They are lies plain and simple.. Go to Canada and see for yourself..

We are 37th for industrialized nations in giving quality healthcare to our peoplel.. 37th!!

Isreal is above us!!

Iceland, Chile, and many others are kicking our ass in health care.. France is number 1 in case you are interested..

We are dead last in preventable deaths.. DEAD LAST!!! And you want to fight to keep the same system we have?? How stupid can you be?? Wait don't answer that, you are rebuttlicans and you have been paid off by the insurance companies..

The only solution is a public option and later moving to a universal healthcare system free of insurance companies.. Our healthcare needs to be a nonprofit system like our police, fire department, and countless other agencies we take for granted..

Think about this.. Seriously.. Your life or the life of a loved one may depend on it..

My life & the life of one of my loved ones depends on NOT getting some beurocrat in Washington D.C. determining & making decisions on our health needs---:lol::lol:

As far as why the majority of Americans do not trust a public option government run health care plan?

2. Medicare is bankrupt
3. Medicade is bankrupt
4. And the worst of the worst--Fannie/Freddie both federal government run programs in which our dear government decided to lower lending requirements--while co-signing our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country. This is GROUND ZERO for this current economic collapse & ALL bail-outs lead right back to Fannie/Freddie.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - The New York Times

After all of this-- give me one good reason why anyone would trust the Federal Government with their health care?---:lol:

View attachment 8469

Things change. We need to start on Medical Health Insurance, then Medicare and Medicaid and then SSN. It's absolutely necessary. Imagine if all SSN were put into the stock market the way Bush and the Republicans wanted? Would we be in a hole then.

------------------------------------

In 1940, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. was 61.4 years for men, 65.7 for women; by 2008, the comparable figures were 75.4 and 80.

------------------------------

Unfortunately, the Medicare and Social Security trust funds won't be exhausted until 2017 and 2037, respectively, by the latest projections.

Why Social Security Should Go Broke Faster | Newsweek Newsweek - Robert J. Samuelson | Newsweek.com

I know, I know, an opinion piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things change. We need to start on Medical Health Insurance, then Medicare and Medicaid and then SSN. It's absolutely necessary. Imagine if all SSN were put into the stock market the way Bush and the Republicans wanted? Would we be in a hole then.
Imagine if congress just siphoned off all the excess funds that OASI collected, replacing that cash with "you-owe-yous" and used it to buy votes. :eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately, the Medicare and Social Security trust funds won't be exhausted until 2017 and 2037, respectively, by the latest projections.
And that's supposed to be some kind of evidence of succes and/or financal viability?? :lol:

Isreal is above us!!

2. Medicare is bankrupt
3. Medicade is bankrupt

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - The New York Times

View attachment 8469

------------------------------------

In 1940, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. was 61.4 years for men, 65.7 for women; by 2008, the comparable figures were 75.4 and 80.

------------------------------

Why Social Security Should Go Broke Faster | Newsweek Newsweek - Robert J. Samuelson | Newsweek.com

I know, I know, an opinion piece.

"Imagine if all SSN were put into the stock market the way Bush and the Republicans wanted? Would we be in a hole then." To answer that since I am an employer with employees.

Most Americans forget that their employer matches their FICA & Medicare withholding. On social security alone that is 12.4% of gross payroll--which is huge. Now imagine someone working a lifetime & all that money going into "safe securities" government treasury bonds--guaranteed/secure money market accounts, etc.

There would be absolutely no one in this country that could not afford to retire "in style" after a lifetime of making deposits into those type of accounts.

The DEMS--love to scare Americans with--well how would you like to have your social security in the stock market? In truth--even a rocky stock market--over decades would produce much more for the individual than what the federal government diddles back out in social security reimbursements.

It's that government wants all your money so they can have control over it. This is exactly what they would do with health care payments also. Like they did with social security-- spend it on anything & everything else--except your health care.---:lol:

$Ram it down.jpg

Bottom line is this..
You're stupid. For two reasons:

1.) "The right" can't stop anything the Democrats want to do, even if they "fear" it. To get anything passed they wish, Dems need only make it palatable to 90% of their OWN membership. And "the right" can't do a damn thing about it.

2.) Insurance companies are drooling, looking at the BILLIONS of new revenue government mandated health insurance will be giving them. Think of it: 47 million uninsured, and if only 40% of those get a private plan, that's billions in new revenue for "evil insurance" which will just get bigger and richer. And I will as well, because I am sinking my money into the four large health insurance providers' stocks.

It appears to me that thr right has no fear of a health care plan. The right has an educated fear of everything that this unAmerican president does. We are going to lose this nation to the rest of the world, and our fine president, the idiot that he is, will be the one to sell us out. It is clear, if you look at what the people in the know are saying. So, it is not our feard, but the leftist fools that is the problem.

Well, technically...the debate over death panels isn't referred to in the actual bill. Why would it be?? the debate is over the bills after affects; whether giving the gov't this amount of control over healthcare will restrict certain patients from seeing a doctor depending on their age and how long they will live. Of course, according to public option, this shouldn't be a problem as this bill would supplement the people's desire for a more controlled insurance market, and thus for everyone to afford. But who will do it? There is a very good chance that the demand for doctors, nurses will decrease dramatically. The evidence is in Germany, England, Canada... I don't see a problem with controlling a market that has been monopolized by a few insurance companies. I know on a first hand basis that dealing with an insurance company is messy. But I also learned that the gov't requires them to cover their asses. This isn't a bad thing for the govt to regulate commerce (which is completely constitutional). But what public option is talking about regulating is cost of insurance companies, which indirectly affects patient care and demand for doctors. This means more paper work, more LAWYERS, a HUGE tax deductible from your paycheck. And anyone that has a pretty high salary will realize that this will hurt you the most do to the percentile of taxable income! And technically, having gov't may mean a more controlled society, this doesn't necessarily mean gov't is doing the controlling. Gov't only regulates and is very restricted on how to regulate.

I am still waiting for one of you neotards to explain to me why the U.S. is dead last in the world for preventable deaths..

Anyone?? Someone??

Why is France kicking our ass in healthcare??

Smart?? Your a racist!! Why is Obama unamerican? Unlike Bush, he was actually elected to office without running a smear campaign of lies..

None of you have given a single logical reason as to why public health is a bad thing.. If you all hate the government so much and fear it or don't trust it then move the fuck to another country!! Don't sit here and claim to be patrotic and then try to convince everyone how horrible the government is.. If you hate the converment so much then move to Iraq.. You won't have to worry about gun control laws either.. There would be no worries about abortion.. Think of it!! A perfect country for neotards!! Oh wait.. They are muslim.. Amazing what you all have in common..

I am still waiting for one of you neotards to explain to me why the U.S. is dead last in the world for preventable deaths..

Anyone?? Someone??

Smart?? Your a racist!! Why is Obama unamerican? Unlike Bush, he was actually elected to office without running a smear campaign of lies..

None of you have given a single logical reason as to why public health is a bad thing.. If you all hate the government so much and fear it or don't trust it then move the fuck to another country!! Don't sit here and claim to be patrotic and then try to convince everyone how horrible the government is.. If you hate the converment so much then move to Iraq.. You won't have to worry about gun control laws either.. There would be no worries about abortion.. Think of it!! A perfect country for neotards!! Oh wait.. They are muslim.. Amazing what you all have in common..

Because some life are not worth saving. To determine that, simply look in a person's checkbook. If there is enough cash there, then yes, we save the person from the preventable death. Not enough cash? just remove the word "preventable".

Anyone?? Someone??

You are an emotional cripple that needs to grow up. We don't hate our country, we love it. You probably love it too. We just disagree about this issue. Calling everyone who disagrees with you a "racist" only makes you look like an immature and uneducated fool.

Forum List

Back