Why does the right fear public healthcare?

MajikMyst

Honorary Non-member
Oct 15, 2009
Seattle, Wa.
I have watched this debate from all sides and outlets.. From Palin screaming about Death Panels to corporate funded tea parties in protest of something this nation should have had 100 years ago..

Bottom line is this.. The insurance companies stand to lose 6% of our economy, to use republican figures.. That is a huge loss, and reason for them to do anything they can to prevent it.. It is also the biggest arguement that we the people have to not listen to them.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose..

Let me repeat that.. We the people have everything to gain and nothing to lose.. \

Death panels are a lie.. There never was any death panel in any bill and I challenge any conservative on this board to show otherwise in this thread! Political comic strips don't count.. Show me an actual house or Senate bill that has a death panel in it.. There isn't one and there never was..

Will our rates go up if there is a public option?? Probably? Is this a bad thing?? Well?? Let's just say it is another glowing example of how the insurance companies care more about profit and less about you and your health.. The CEO of United Healthcare earns $102,000 and hour.. That is simply insane and anyone that says the insurance companies are operating on slim profit margins is full of crap!! Not to mention, we can all go to our local insurance company and buy flood insurance.. Of course everyone knows that flood insurance is actually under written by the government.. But did you know that 50% of the primium you pay goes to the insurance company you purchased the policy from? Even though FEMA is who will pay your claim should you get flooded.. Also known as you the tax payer.. So the insurance companies get 50% of the premiums for a policy covered with tax dollars?? By the way this comes out to be about 40 billion dollars a year into the coffers of insurance companies for doing basically nothing and providing no service..

Anyone care to gues how much healthcare we could pay for with that 40 billion a year??

Now if you want to sit back and scream and piss and moan about how horrible the government is about running things consider this.. Without a government, there is no police department, fire department, 911 service, no highway system, no NASA, no electricity, no post office, no medicare, no social security, no military, no school system for our children, and countless other services that we all take for granted..

Granted, some of these are not in the best of shape.. Take public schools.. Well?? At some point rebuttlicans are going to have to learn that the government doesn't operate free of charge and things cost money.. Our schools need more funding.. Bottom line..

I love how a bunch of rebuttlicans go to washington to protest government spending and then have the balls to complain about the government funded transit system.. If you want something that works then you have to pay for it.. Simple as that..

We as a nation need a public option.. Period!! We can't afford to keep allowing the insurance companies to make billions on the death of us.. There is your death panel.. The insurance companies that you are so desperately trying to preserve..

Over 90% of the people in Canada approve of their healthcare system.. Are all those Canadians wrong or do they know something we don't?? Spare me all the rumors and stories about long lines for care and procedures not being performed and people dying.. They are lies plain and simple.. Go to Canada and see for yourself..

We are 37th for industrialized nations in giving quality healthcare to our peoplel.. 37th!!

Isreal is above us!!
Saudi Arabia is above us!!

Iceland, Chile, and many others are kicking our ass in health care.. France is number 1 in case you are interested..

We are dead last in preventable deaths.. DEAD LAST!!! And you want to fight to keep the same system we have?? How stupid can you be?? Wait don't answer that, you are rebuttlicans and you have been paid off by the insurance companies..

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

The only solution is a public option and later moving to a universal healthcare system free of insurance companies.. Our healthcare needs to be a nonprofit system like our police, fire department, and countless other agencies we take for granted..

Think about this.. Seriously.. Your life or the life of a loved one may depend on it..

Last edited:
It is not a matter of being scared. It is a constitutional matter for me. I do not believe the federal government has any business in this area per the Constitution. I don't care how noble and caring it may look, it is wrong, in my opinion. I will do everything I can to fight against it.

If you want healthcare, pay for it yourself. You want others to have healthcare, pay for them. Leave my money alone.

It is not a matter of being scared. It is a constitutional matter for me. I do not believe the federal government has any business in this area per the Constitution. I don't care how noble and caring it may look, it is wrong, in my opinion. I will do everything I can to fight against it.

If you want healthcare, pay for it yourself. You want others to have healthcare, pay for them. Leave my money alone.

Show me where in the constitution is says they can't provide us health care??

Show us where it specifically says they can.

Article and section, please.

Apparently, you don't understand how the Constitution works. Congress has 18 enumerated powers. That is it. Being mommy and daddy to the citizenry is not one of the enumerated powers.

I believe the constitution is a living, growing document, like Doctor Colossus, The Blob or a malignant tumor.

Hence I rule the “equal protection clause” demands universal health insurance, and, while we are at it, free condoms for everyone, even women’s dildos.

I completely agree with this post. BasicGreatGuy says it just the way it should be spoken to all of those idiots in Washington, DC.

I find the argument of "well the insurance companies have too much money" to be nothing other than class envy. Do people say that about Microsoft? About IBM? Yet those companies have much higher profit margins than health insurers.
It is a non-argument.

The question is "what will provide the best health care at the lowest expense"? This is the only question worth asking.
Our current system is close to being that. We can improve it by
1) Limiting tort liability
2) Allowing people to purchase policies across state lines
3) Encourage health maintenance accounts.

All of these ideas have had legislation sponsored by the GOP. They have even be pushed by the very liberal head of Whole Foods.

But Democrats want to ask a different question: how can we get and maintain power over as many people as possible?
Their answer makes perfect sense: pass legislation creating a brand new enormous entitlement. Since there are many more voters not paying income taxes than are paying income taxes, this is a political no brainer. It is a free lunch. Then they can go home and tell people "I gave you health insurance."
Of course they did no such thing. It is a lie. The whole Obamacare debacle is a lie And a majority of Americans understand that and are against it.

This topic is getting so exhausting The more nitwits who argue for more govt control yet could care less where the money comes from (as long as its not them) nakes me even more opposed to any change. The devil we know may be better than the hell we don't.

Microsoft doesn't kill people and I would love you to post your evidence showing they have a higher profit margin than insurance companies..

As for showing someone where the Constitution says we can have healthcare? That is a moot issue as you are arguing that we can't have any social service.. No CPS, DSHS, Child Support collection, nothing.. Healthcare is just another social service.. No medicare, no social security, nothing..

I also notice that when I asked you to support your own arguement, you turned it around and asked me to show you.. You are the one making the arguement.. Either put up or shut up!! You want to make the arguement that it is unconstitutional, then get off your lazy ass and prove it! You know damn well that arguement will never hold up in any court of law let alone the Supreme court..

Dude, your post hardly warrants a response.. Other than to say that Big Daddy works for the insurance companies..

And yes!! It is jealousy that I am upset that 40 thousand americans die each year because of insurance.. DING! DING!! You win!! You guessed it!!

Grow a FREAKEN brain will you?? How bout you explain to all of us why you are a heartless moron that loves watching 40 thousand of his fellow americans dies needlessly because of insurance companies!! Explain that to me please!! Then tell me how that makes you a patriot??

Edited for mistakes

Last edited:
The stupidcons have lost this argument already, they know it, and they are spitting mad.

Tough, frickin' luck.

Microsoft doesn't kill people and I would love you to post your evidence showing they have a higher profit margin insurance companies..

As for showing someone where the Constitution says we can have healthcare? That is a moot issue as you are arguing that we can't have any social service.. No CPS, DSHS, Child Support collection, nothing.. Healthcare is just another social service.. No medicare, no social security, nothing..

I also notice that when I asked you to show you, you turned it around and asked me to show you.. You are the one making the arguement.. Either put up or shut up!! You want to make the arguement that it is unconstitutional, then get off your lazy ass and prove it! You know damn well that arguement will never hold up in any court of law let alone the Supreme court..

Dude, your post hardly warrants a response.. Other than to say that Big Daddy works for the insurance companies..

And yes!! It is jealousy that I am upset that 40 million americans die each year because of insurance.. DING! DING!! You win!! You guessed it!!

Grow a FREAKEN brain will you?? How bout you explain to all of us why you are a heartless moron that loves watching 40 million of his fellow americans dies needlessly because of insurance companies!! Explain that to me please!! Then tell me how that makes you a patriot??
The onus of proof is on you, Bucko.

Platitudes, truisms and leftist cliches don't count.

The question is "what will provide the best health care at the lowest expense"? This is the only question worth asking.
Our current system is close to being that. We can improve it by
1) Limiting tort liability
2) Allowing people to purchase policies across state lines
3) Encourage health maintenance accounts.

All of these ideas have had legislation sponsored by the GOP. They have even be pushed by the very liberal head of Whole Foods.

Here is the issue.. Please explain to the rest of us how that will prevent policies from being canceled for no reason, or procedures and medical care denied??

It won't.. Case closed..

Microsoft doesn't kill people and I would love you to post your evidence showing they have a higher profit margin insurance companies..

I also notice that when I asked you to show you, you turned it around and asked me to show you.. You are the one making the arguement.. Either put up or shut up!! You want to make the arguement that it is unconstitutional, then get off your lazy ass and prove it! You know damn well that arguement will never hold up in any court of law let alone the Supreme court..

And yes!! It is jealousy that I am upset that 40 million americans die each year because of insurance.. DING! DING!! You win!! You guessed it!!

Grow a FREAKEN brain will you?? How bout you explain to all of us why you are a heartless moron that loves watching 40 million of his fellow americans dies needlessly because of insurance companies!! Explain that to me please!! Then tell me how that makes you a patriot??
The onus of proof is on you, Bucko.

Platitudes, truisms and leftist cliches don't count.

I never made the arguement that government healthcare was unconstitutional.. You morons did.. If you are going to make that claim then you better support it.. The burdon of proof is on the person that makes the arguement.. You and other are saying it is unconstitutional, then prove it.. I don't have to prove that something is constitutional when there are plenty of examples and court rulings that say social services are constitutional.. If you are unware of these things then please do your research before spreading your ignorance here..

Microsoft doesn't kill people and I would love you to post your evidence showing they have a higher profit margin than insurance companies..

I also notice that when I asked you to support your own arguement, you turned it around and asked me to show you.. You are the one making the arguement.. Either put up or shut up!! You want to make the arguement that it is unconstitutional, then get off your lazy ass and prove it! You know damn well that arguement will never hold up in any court of law let alone the Supreme court..

You have a link to the bolded? :doubt: High estimate is that 40 million are without insurance at any given point in time, not die.

Health insurers don't kill people either. They provide insurance.
Microsoft net profit margine: 23.5%
Industry average:21.70%
Industry Browser - Technology - Application Software Industry - Company List

Aetna net profit margin: 4.0%
Industry average:3.30%
http://biz.yahoo.com
/p/522conameu.html

Lay off the class envy kool-aid, there pardner. It rots the brain.

You have a link to the bolded? :doubt: High estimate is that 40 million are without insurance at any given point in time, not die.

45 thousand.. My bad!! Still way to many... But again... My error.. My apologies.. :eusa_pray:

45,000 U.S. Deaths Caused By Lack of Insurance? We Need to Do Something Now - Black Voices Insurance

One of many links..

I never made the arguement that government healthcare was unconstitutional.. You morons did.. If you are going to make that claim then you better support it.. The burdon of proof is on the person that makes the arguement.. You and other are saying it is unconstitutional, then prove it.. I don't have to prove that something is constitutional when there are plenty of examples and court rulings that say social services are constitutional.. If you are unware of these things then please do your research before spreading your ignorance here..
There is no enumerated power whatsoever for congress to provide medical services to anyone, shithead.

The only ignorance being demostrated here is by you.

Mebby you'd better scamper back to the DU or Ed Schultz boards.

Forum List

Back