Why does the political affiliation of murderers matter?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
These lunatics exist on both sides, and I feel that nobody should have to answer for them. The first thing everybody does when things like this happen is figure out all of the possible ways to politicize it and make somebody look bad, and people eat that shit up every time, even if they're complete hypocrites in doing so.

Last edited:
It doesn't really, but certain "affiliations" seem to produce more evil.

These lunatics exist on both sides, and I feel that nobody should have to answer for them. The first thing everybody does when things like this happen is figure out all of the possible ways to politicize it and make somebody look bad, and people eat that shit up every time, even if they're complete hypocrites in doing so.
It's probably because this is a political board, don't you think? Half the people here can't look at anything without twisting it into a political issue.

It doesn't, not really. But one side of the debate badly wants one of these killers to be someone who doesn't identify as one of them. That's why the fake Facebook pages were up within 5 minutes of the shooter's name being released.

• Banned
It's probably because this is a political board, don't you think? Half the people here can't look at anything without twisting it into a political issue.

Yeah, but I wasn't really limiting it to this forum. News people intentionally fuel the fire by focusing on the ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, whatever they can to get people riled up, and it works every time.

Partisan politics makes people ugly. Or uglier.

Yeah, but I wasn't really limiting it to this forum. News people intentionally fuel the fire by focusing on the ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, whatever they can to get people riled up, and it works every time.
I don't know what news people you're following, but I haven't heard any of that about the most recent shooter, anyway. I think it's instinctive to want to know why. I find it interesting he told the police that he didn't shoot the people he liked, because he wanted his story to be told. But I haven't heard any kids telling his story. Did he think they'd be sympathetic toward him after he gunned down the student standing next to him?
This is the only sucky part of having the shooter alive. Now there is way too much we won't hear until the trial. Or until the kid agrees to life in prison rather than the death sentence.

Extreme ideology is the problem, and the internet is being used to recruit impressionable young minds.

You already know your answer.

People don't give a shit about the folks killed and/or wounded. It's just a
political event for them to preach about one side or the other.

Why isn't there the same anger being expressed over just what happened
in Texas compared to what happened in Florida? You could go back to
Feb 14th and 15th and see 40 threads on the Florida shooting. What do we
have right now...4 or 5?

Why?

Because it is a political issue and the main talking points of one of the
political groups was not realized. The shooter didn't use a semi-automatic
or use high capacity magazines for weapons of war or hand-guns.

He used a shotgun and a six-shooter. The weapons that both groups agree
that people should own. Thus there is no large debate. One group would
have to admit they want all of our guns and the other group doesn't have to spend a week arguing it.

Thus, nothing is said. This shooting should be the unifying force that gets
schools to limit access ALL-DAY and nobody gets on a campus without
going thru a metal detector. But, that doesn't even happen.

Nobody gives a shit, in solving the problem.

I don't know what news people you're following, but I haven't heard any of that about the most recent shooter

The first thing they did is figure out which politicians he supports, as if that matters. People want to understand why, but that is not the why of it. He's insane, that is why.

Because it is a political issue and the main talking points of one of the
political groups was not realized. The shooter didn't use a semi-automatic
or use high capacity magazines for weapons of war or hand-guns.

He used a shotgun and a six-shooter. The weapons that both groups agree
that people should own. Thus there is no large debate. One group would
have to admit they want all of our guns and the other group doesn't have to spend a week arguing it.

Thus, nothing is said.

That's a great observation that I hadn't considered. You're right.

If the political affiliation of the shooter is a big part of the motive, it's important to consider it. They buried information about Hodgkinson's political affiliation faster than they buried the body and it still isn't clear what the hell Paddock's political affiliation or his motive for the mass shooting was because the feds and the local police and the media seemed to have drawn a curtain over the incident. You can count on one thing though, if a shooter was a member of the NRA it would be big news forever but if the shooter was a left winger who's motivation was to destroy republicans the story would scarcely get legs in the MSM..

If the political affiliation of the shooter is a big part of the motive, it's important to consider it.

Why? There are no politicians advocating murder for their cause. People that do these things are insane, and that alone is the cause. They needed something, anything to justify their insanity.

Forum List

Back