Why does the media ignore Ron Paul?

uspatriot1776

Rookie
Mar 2, 2012
Ron Paul gets ignored by the media. If he got half the press that Mitt Romney or Santorum got, he would have taken the nomination. The only time he got any press was when he started to go up in the poles, then they spread a bunch of lies about him being racist. It's like that's all the media can focus on, and not his intelligent ideas.

it's because there is a power structure in place in DC. Anyone, or anything, that threatens that power structure (meaning that certain people would lose influence, money, power) is dismissed. that's why our presidents govern in a similar fashion.

There are some things I like about Paul but..

How many dang times is this man going to run for President?

I think there is another agenda here. don't know what it is.

Ron Paul gets ignored by the media. If he got half the press that Mitt Romney or Santorum got, he would have taken the nomination. The only time he got any press was when he started to go up in the poles, then they spread a bunch of lies about him being racist. It's like that's all the media can focus on, and not his intelligent ideas.

To answer your question in the most direct manner, "they don't like him." I think the reasons why are apparent. He actually wants the constitution followed, and that scares the hell out of them.

Because he is so ignorable?

How many times has he ran for president on one ticket or another?

Like it or not...uscitizen is right.
It is not because of some widespread conspiracy...more like the media's desire for advertising dollars.
Again...like it or not...your average American right or wrong doesn't care about Ron Paul. Therefore the media is not going to spend much time covering him.
For the same reason the media doesn't cover the real issues either, or press candidates to talk about them. The average American doesn't understand the issues - nor is willing to take the time to understand them.

He has no intelligent ideas and isn't even a serious candidate. Matter of fact, the only reason he is still in is to run interference for Mitt to secure a cabinet position for himself or his Son. Aside from all that, he is just another congressional lifer sucking the life blood out of the country.

He has no intelligent ideas and isn't even a serious candidate. Matter of fact, the only reason he is still in is to run interference for Mitt to secure a cabinet position for himself or his Son. Aside from all that, he is just another congressional lifer sucking the life blood out of the country.

And here folks is living proof of the "average" American being totally clueless.

Because he doesn't have the bucks. Follow the money and that's where American politics is going. Want to change it? Support pubublic financing of elections. Then Paul would have the same amount as the others and an equal platform, as much as he would hate it. It's for his and America's good.

I will agree he does not get the press he deserves, nor did Huntsman and the others. Only Bachman and it's because she is good looking like Sarah Palin was. All the straight males think she is better than looking at all these other old farts. Otherwise her silly ideas would totally get nothing.

I am from Texas and I am no stranger to Dr. Paul. I sort of put him in the class with Ross Perot. Both had and have moments of lucidity and yes really good talking points. It is his overall objective, as with most conservatives, that I have a problem with.

His style of politics is much more austere than most of the others in the whack-a-mole contest, and would set the country back a hundred years...even moreso than the rank and file normal right-winger.

His talks about healthcare and Medicare are barbaric. He would consign millions to fend for themselves with regard to healthcare and many other things. Millions would die in his barbaric process. This is contra-hippocratic oath, if you ask me.

It doesn't matter. Who ever is the mole with his head up when the time runs out will be the winner. It won't make any difference. It will be conservative rich guy aganinst liberal rich guy, i.e. no real choice on either front.

And here folks is living proof of the "average" American being totally clueless.

And here folks is a perfect example of a dupe.

The media ignores Ron Paul because except for his couple of real good ideas, he's as crazy as a shit house rat.

I've actually felt that Ron Paul has gotten a much fairer shake in the media this go around. The coverage after the Ames Straw Poll was abysmal, but aside from that the only real complaint I have is how they often skip him over during certain questions in the debate. Especially ones that are obviously right up his alley. Though he himself has gotten better at demanding he get to answer these questions in the last few debates.

Santorum was ignored until he won Iowa. Herman Cain was ignored until he jumped to the top of the polls. Gingrich was ignored until he got movement in the polls. Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate that hasn't won a state yet. He regularly comes in 3rd and 4th (out ot 4 candidates) and breaks into 2nd occassionally.

He actually gets more press than any other 4th placer gets!!

Forum List

Back