Why does the Far LEft have no grasp of scale?

you depend upon the wisdom of innately "stupid" people for good governance. Hmmmmmm.....
//

Unfortunately that is how our constitution says it should be.

worked pretty well too till too many people got stupit.

The First Amendment right to free speech is "unfortunate"? Democracy, is "unfortunate"? :eusa_eh:

What are you trying to say, USC?

I took it as saying that the people are sheep to the stupid government reps.

And then I pointed out thatthose of us that spooke out against the stupid people in governemnt were ridiculed by the medai and other citizens.

I am speaking of those stupit ones that put and keep those stupid ones in govt.
Joe Plumbers and such that are programmed by the media to follow along like good little sheeple while believeing they are thinking for themselves.

the most recent example would be the Brown Baggers who think one new Senator is going to straighten washington out.
I guess Brown is kinda mavericky.

Last edited:
The First Amendment right to free speech is "unfortunate"? Democracy, is "unfortunate"? :eusa_eh:

And then I pointed out thatthose of us that spooke out against the stupid people in governemnt were ridiculed by the medai and other citizens.

Joe Plumbers and such that are programmed by the media to follow along like good little sheeple while believeing they are thinking for themselves.

And for every Joe Plumber on the right, there is Jim Gimme on the left.

the most recent example would be the Brown Baggers who think one new Senator is going to straighten washington out.

So seeing as you do not agree with their sentiment, then they must be programmed to think that?

Sorry....I am disappointed with that statement. I thought you were worthy of a good, friendly and fair debate.

Even Obama himself when approached by the GOP admitted that YES, the GOP ideas were presented to him....he simply disagreed with them.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Obama's high-handed response to the GOP... is that he ASSUMES he has a right to treat our duly elected CONGRESS like a legislative vending machine. :eek:

He doesn't get to decide which ideas are worthy of debate and which aren't. Separation of Powers, people.

He is the decider?
How is he doing on signing statements?

This guy made a deliberately calculated political move to advance the Democrat's meme that Republicans had offered no solutions. He LIED. And when his feet were put to the fire, his excuse for lying is that he, himself, didn't agree with the proposals in question, as if he were Emperor to the United States or something. :rolleyes:

As I said, our duly elected, representative Congress is NOT a vending machine. He doesn't get to put his trillion-dollar token in the slot and just pull out whatever legislation he wants.

"Signing statements" don't change that. It can be effectively argued that they do not have the force of Law.

Most everyone is a Jim Gimmie at some point in time.
But do you agree with my post?
Stupit is not just in govt it is also in thosee that put and keep them there.
A personal responsibility thing...

Last edited:

Not me. Never was never will be.

Had an issue with my auto insurance carrier. Major mistake they made. Was dealing with idiots to rectify it. My wife said "contact an advoicate"...I said, no....this is my issue to deal with. Do not want the solution to be in the hands of a third party.

And in 2 days I got it resolced thanks to personal research and perseverence...I got to the top...the very top....and they saw trhe issue and rectified it.

An advocate would still have it in the in box sitting there collecting dust.

I am one of true personal responsibility. Anything that happens to me is my fault and my responsibility to fix.

And it works like a charm for me.

☭proletarian☭;1973146 said:
Just because something works at a national level in a nation smaller than some of our states doesn't mean it will work at a national scale in a nation twice the size of the EU....

Just because something works great with 20,30, or 200k people, doesn't mean it will work with 300 million...

Tripling the national deficit is significantly more problematic than increasing it by less than 100%.

It's a good point.
But it isn't jus the far Left. People have advocated building a fence on the border with Mexico to keep illegals out. They point to Israel's border fence as an example to emulate. I point out that our border with Mexico is many times the size of Israel's border, that many areas are very remote from any civilization, and numerous other problems. And all I get back is, you don't want to solve the illegal alien problem.

Another example: in the gun community I see people who carry a second magazine for their pistols. Their reasoning is in case the first mag malfunctions. I point out the average gun fight is over in 5 seconds or less. Recognizing their magazine is down, stripping it out of the gun and replacing it with the fresh one will take 3 seconds at best. They will be dead in that time. I am told, your mindset sucks.

I could mention lottery tickets as another good example where the odds against winning are so enormous you could do better saving the money. Yet people continue to buy them.

On the other side people massively over-estimate their chances of getting cancer from smoking (actual chance, 10%).

In short people don't understand statistics and related problems. Doesn't matter if they're left or right.

P.S. ColdFusion is a moron and belongs on ignore.

But do you agree with my post?
Stupit is not just in govt it is also in thosee that put and keep them there.
A personal responsibility thing...

OIf course I agree...but I do not believe that those that speak out are automatically deemed as programmed.

Were you programmed when you spoke out against the Iraq war?

Sorry...I am disappointed with what you said earlier.....just because one speaks out and agrees with someone in congress does not mean they are programmed.

I did not see Sheehan as programmed. I did see some capitalize on her loss and understandable grief...but I certainly do not blame her at all.

Sorry...I despise what you said. It makes me sick to be frank.

Had an issue with my auto insurance carrier. Major mistake they made. Was dealing with idiots to rectify it. My wife said "contact an advoicate"...I said, no....this is my issue to deal with. Do not want the solution to be in the hands of a third party.

And in 2 days I got it resolced thanks to personal research and perseverence...I got to the top...the very top....and they saw trhe issue and rectified it.

I am one of true personal responsibility. Anything that happens to me is my fault and my responsibility to fix.

No SS? No Medicare? No homestead property tax exclusions?
No discounts for senior citizens at the hog heaven buffet?

And after you draw out more SS or Medicare than you paid in you will just quit ?

Last edited:
Here is the point CORPORATIONS are NOT "PEOPLE" and should NOT be afforded the same RIGHTS as INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS!

Corporations are groups of people. And you can't take first amendment rights away from the people just because they've assembled into a group.

Cheer up. :)
When Jeffrey Immelt uses the resources of GE, out in the open this time instead of under cover... I'm no more likely to vote Obama than I was last time. :lol:

☭proletarian☭;1973146 said:
Just because something works at a national level in a nation smaller than some of our states doesn't mean it will work at a national scale in a nation twice the size of the EU....

Just because something works great with 20,30, or 200k people, doesn't mean it will work with 300 million...

Tripling the national deficit is significantly more problematic than increasing it by less than 100%.

It's a good point.
But it isn't jus the far Left. People have advocated building a fence on the border with Mexico to keep illegals out. They point to Israel's border fence as an example to emulate. I point out that our border with Mexico is many times the size of Israel's border, that many areas are very remote from any civilization, and numerous other problems. And all I get back is, you don't want to solve the illegal alien problem.

Another example: in the gun community I see people who carry a second magazine for their pistols. Their reasoning is in case the first mag malfunctions. I point out the average gun fight is over in 5 seconds or less. Recognizing their magazine is down, stripping it out of the gun and replacing it with the fresh one will take 3 seconds at best. They will be dead in that time. I am told, your mindset sucks.

I could mention lottery tickets as another good example where the odds against winning are so enormous you could do better saving the money. Yet people continue to buy them.

On the other side people massively over-estimate their chances of getting cancer from smoking (actual chance, 10%).

In short people don't understand statistics and related problems. Doesn't matter if they're left or right.

P.S. ColdFusion is a moron and belongs on ignore.

Then IGNORE me you ignorant Israeli Firster.

Here is the point CORPORATIONS are NOT "PEOPLE" and should NOT be afforded the same RIGHTS as INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS!

Corporations are groups of people. And you can't take first amendment rights away from the people just because they've assembled into a group.

Cheer up. :)
When Jeffrey Immelt uses the resources of GE, out in the open this time instead of under cover... I'm no more likely to vote Obama than I was last time. :lol:

I KNEW the Corps are MADE of people argument was coming, I KNEW IT!! So tell me WHY should people be represented TWICE? Once as an INDIVIDUAL and AGAIN as a "part" of a CORP? How is THAT Constitutional? Or more accurately why should the CEO be able to represent HIMSELF once as an individual and AGAIN as TEN MILLION individuals to represent HIS OWN INTRESTS? Does that seem RIGHT to you? Does that seem JUST to you? Does that seem DEMOCRATIC to you?

And after you draw out more SS or Medicare than you paid in you will just quit ?

Actually, I will never get back in SS what I have paid. I do very well and every year I max out in SS payments.
You are aware that you oay for medicare I hope?

Persoanlly, as someone who pays into both of those programs, I support both for those that truly need it. I am not one that "hates the poor".
The poor are my responsibility as an American...just as the Haitians are my responsibility as a human.

My local cleaners had a coupon in the pocal pennysaver. I use him all the time. That coupon was for him to try to generate new business. I did not use the coupon as I do not feel he needs to take a loss at my gain.

That is my philophy...call me nuts....but ironically, it has worked for me in life to the point where I can contiunue to live with that philosophy and not suffer any hardships for it.

I am not a hypocrite...I practice what I preach....and it works.

I guess Brown is kinda mavericky.

I must say, USC, if you're undisturbed by the notion that the party of "mob rule" believes the "mob" is innately stupid and that there's no ill effect on governance... you are a person of imperturbable equanimity. :)

Actually, I will never get back in SS what I have paid. I do very well and every year I max out in SS payments.

Persoanlly, as someone who pays into both of those programs, I support both for those that truly need it. I am not one that "hates the poor".
The poor are my responsibility as an American...just as the Haitians are my responsibility as a human.

My local cleaners had a coupon in the pocal pennysaver. I use him all the time. That coupon was for him to try to generate new business. I did not use the coupon as I do not feel he needs to take a loss at my gain.

That is my philophy...call me nuts....but ironically, it has worked for me in life to the point where I can contiunue to live with that philosophy and not suffer any hardships for it.

Good for you, there are not many of us around.

Not that is a RESPECTABLE statement, VERY comendable.

If every American had that attitude this country would be far better off. But the sad fact is you have too many folks, including Obama, that always has to place the blame on others.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

If every American had that attitude this country would be far better off. But the sad fact is you have too many folks, including Obama, that always has to place the blame on others.

I KNEW the Corps are MADE of people argument was coming, I KNEW IT!! So tell me WHY should people be represented TWICE? Once as an INDIVIDUAL and AGAIN as a "part" of a CORP? How is THAT Constitutional? Or more accurately why should the CEO be able to represent HIMSELF once as an individual and AGAIN as TEN MILLION individuals to represent HIS OWN INTRESTS? Does that seem RIGHT to you? Does that seem JUST to you? Does that seem DEMOCRATIC to you?

You do realize that what you're talking about essentially is... the right to assemble. Don't you? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back