Why does the Far LEft have no grasp of scale?

Actually Obama pointed out SEVERAL Republican ideas that he AGREED with and made part of the healthcare bill in the Senate. I know you don't like to ADMIT those FACTS that don't fit your AGENDA but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Listen Hack....I was responding to someone who is still spewing the "party of no and the party of no ideas" crap.

Thanks for supporting my argument.

No go back to hacking.

Ah sorry DOUCHE but you were LYING and I, for one, will NOT allow LIES to go unanswered! SO FUCK OFF and go back to LYING as that is the ONLY debate tactic you are capable of utilizing.

Once again, your true colors come out.
In a debate, the loser is always the first to curse out the opponent...with the only supporting argument being "you are a liar".
We are done.
You lose.

Even Obama himself when approached by the GOP admitted that YES, the GOP ideas were presented to him....he simply disagreed with them.And the CBO said their ideas would not fix the problems we face.

Yet you still regurgitate that "party of no" crap.Bad ideas that dont work is about the same as saying just no.

Well, seeing as the GOP ideas were not even presented for debate, is seems the Dems are just as much the party of "no"....Because they were determined to be next to worthless to solve the problems.

People like you fall for the rhetoric...and when fact comes to the top, as happened last week when Obama admitted that they are NOT the party of no ideas...you still need to spew the crap.Ok they are the party of bad ideas and no, is that better?

Give it up. It makes you look silly.

Get some ideas that are more than distractions and bullshit.

So what you are saying is that ideas that you dont agree with is the same as no ideas at all?

Isnt that partisan?

They handed him bullshit in an attempt to look like they had nothing.

In fact they had next to nothing and just wanted to keep him from getting a legislative win.

Now for the real reaosn they are the party of NO, they vote NO on anything even the shit they co sponsered in the past.

They are the party of no because they vote NO on everything .......get it.

Even Obama himself when approached by the GOP admitted that YES, the GOP ideas were presented to him....he simply disagreed with them.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Obama's high-handed response to the GOP... is that he ASSUMES he has a right to treat our duly elected CONGRESS like a legislative vending machine. :eek:

He doesn't get to decide which ideas are worthy of debate and which aren't. Separation of Powers, people.

Excellent.

All in all....one should always look at cost/benefit beofre implementation.
It is a basic business principle...and a basic life principle.

For example, I do not agree with the SCOTUS ruling of 2 weeks ago...but I accept it as it preserves the integrity of the constitution that allows me freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

I accept the bad in an effort to preserve the good.

Seems the left only approves what is convenient AT THE TIME...and that is a very dangerous philosophy.

It never would work in business...and it will not work in life.

Yep. That ruling is going to make things NOISY. But, the tradeoff, as you say, is free speech. Better to require that we use our intellect to see if we agree with who's speaking to us... then to stuff a gag in anyone's mouth.

The upside of this ruling, IMO.. is that government officials can no longer demonize whole groups or industries without answering for it. Even better, corporations can no longer "pay to play" without their competitors ratting them out. :)

Yeah "FREE SPEECH" for HUGE CORPORATIONS that are just like any other "PERSON" in the US great fing argument. Those giant corps don't need ANY HELP being able to express their wishes to our ELECTED officials, you and I on the other hand don't have the same access that a cool $1,000,000,000 gets a lobbyist now DO WE!!!??? Free speech for Corporations what a pile of SHIT excuse to allow the LAST BIT of Democracy to be STOLEN from "we the PEOPLE"!!!

Listen Hack....I was responding to someone who is still spewing the "party of no and the party of no ideas" crap.

Thanks for supporting my argument.

No go back to hacking.

Ah sorry DOUCHE but you were LYING and I, for one, will NOT allow LIES to go unanswered! SO FUCK OFF and go back to LYING as that is the ONLY debate tactic you are capable of utilizing.

Once again, your true colors come out.
In a debate, the loser is always the first to curse out the opponent...with the only supporting argument being "you are a liar".
We are done.
You lose.

Actually it is the first to resort to NAME calling which YOU resorted to first.

Get some ideas that are more than distractions and bullshit.

So what you are saying is that ideas that you dont agree with is the same as no ideas at all?

Isnt that partisan?

In fact they had next to nothing and just wanted to keep him from getting a legislative win.

Now for the real reaosn they are the party of NO, they vote NO on anything even the shit they co sponsered in the past.

You are applying 100% opinion to your statement.
None of that is fact.....perhaps a valid assumption if you want to think of the GOP in that light.
But none of it is fact.
And they vote no on ideas they dont agree with.....just as the dems vote no on the ideas THEY dont agree with.
That is the legislative process.
You are a decent poster...dont fall into that partisan "assumption stated as fact" crap. I did at one point and realized it......it is not good for a debate. It gets us nowhere.

2/3rds of bankruptcies is because of medical bills. Those people will now use "emergency rooms" as their primary source of health care even though the cost is ten times more.

Why are Republicans OK with that? Can someone please explain that to me.

Well I suspect that when the Pugs regain power they will pass "Health care reform" that allows hospitals to REFUSE service. I mean in a FREE MARKET economy ANY business should be able to REFUSE to provide service to those who can't pay right?

Sometimes "No" is the correct answer. And when it comes to Obama's policies and spending... it's damn near ALWAYS the correct answer. :lol:

Your statement assumes that there aren't any real and substantive differences in opinion, that it's all just about thwarting Obama. And that's just not so.

The "Party of No" meme is a giant FAIL.. because the differences are sooooo marked that they're glaringly impossible for voters to miss.

Even Obama himself when approached by the GOP admitted that YES, the GOP ideas were presented to him....he simply disagreed with them.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Obama's high-handed response to the GOP... is that he ASSUMES he has a right to treat our duly elected CONGRESS like a legislative vending machine. :eek:

He doesn't get to decide which ideas are worthy of debate and which aren't. Separation of Powers, people.

He is the decider?
How is he doing on signing statements?

Excellent.

All in all....one should always look at cost/benefit beofre implementation.
It is a basic business principle...and a basic life principle.

For example, I do not agree with the SCOTUS ruling of 2 weeks ago...but I accept it as it preserves the integrity of the constitution that allows me freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

I accept the bad in an effort to preserve the good.

Seems the left only approves what is convenient AT THE TIME...and that is a very dangerous philosophy.

It never would work in business...and it will not work in life.

Yep. That ruling is going to make things NOISY. But, the tradeoff, as you say, is free speech. Better to require that we use our intellect to see if we agree with who's speaking to us... then to stuff a gag in anyone's mouth.

The upside of this ruling, IMO.. is that government officials can no longer demonize whole groups or industries without answering for it. Even better, corporations can no longer "pay to play" without their competitors ratting them out. :)
If only that were the case (ratting them out). The Rs have many times asked for complete transparency of all political contributions on the internet. Were the voting public to see huge contributions to any candidate's PAC, they might very well reject that candidate for potentially being in the pocket of the contributor. But this seems never to be seen as a solution, and it gets shelved.

In local elections, contributions are published in the local newspapers; usually not only the amount received as of the published date, but the number of contributors. That information, for now, is the nearest we get to transparency. When one divides the dollars by the contributors we arrive at the amount of the AVERAGE CONTRIBUTION. When that calculation is made it is always clear that the average size of contributions to Ds is magnitudes larger that to Rs.

Why is that? Do the D party members not give except for the wealthiest among them? Or is it that large corporate, unions, and organizations tend to support the party's candidates rather than ordinary party members? That fact supports the truth that the R party tends to be supported by the grassroots, more than large organizations. Almost always the number of R contributions is greater and the size smaller, and the number of D contributions is smaller and the size larger.

I think that more transparency that reveals those patterns - without having to uncover it by doing obscure calculations - would be more positive for Rs than Ds.

Simply put, one party does not want transparency.

Last edited:
even obama himself when approached by the gop admitted that yes, the gop ideas were presented to him....he simply disagreed with them.

the thing that pisses me off the most about obama's high-handed response to the gop... Is that he assumes he has a right to treat our duly elected congress like a legislative vending machine. :eek:

He doesn't get to decide which ideas are worthy of debate and which aren't. separation of powers, people.

he is the decider?
How is he doing on signing statements?

perfect!!!!!!!!

Yeah "FREE SPEECH" for HUGE CORPORATIONS that are just like any other "PERSON" in the US great fing argument. Those giant corps don't need ANY HELP being able to express their wishes to our ELECTED officials, you and I on the other hand don't have the same access that a cool $1,000,000,000 gets a lobbyist now DO WE!!!??? Free speech for Corporations what a pile of SHIT excuse to allow the LAST BIT of Democracy to be STOLEN from "we the PEOPLE"!!!

You seem to be operating under the usual liberal delusion that the American people are innately stupid, too stupid to figure out who's advertising to them or what interest a given corporation might have for doing so.

What's weird about this "assumption of voter stupidity" we see coming from Democrats is that it makes so little sense when one considers that it comes from people whose ideological belief relies upon the wisdom of the majority of voters to arrive at good governance. IOW, you depend upon the wisdom of innately "stupid" people for good governance. Hmmmmmm..... :eusa_eh:

you depend upon the wisdom of innately "stupid" people for good governance. Hmmmmmm.....
//

Unfortunately that is how our constitution says it should be.

worked pretty well too till too many people got stupit.

You seem to be operating under the usual liberal delusion that the American people are innately stupid, too stupid to figure out who's advertising to them or what interest a given corporation might have for doing so.

What's weird about this "assumption of voter stupidity" we see coming from Democrats is that it makes so little sense when one considers that it comes from people whose ideological belief relies upon the wisdom of the majority of voters to arrive at good governance. IOW, you depend upon the wisdom of innately "stupid" people for good governance. Hmmmmmm..... :eusa_eh:

OBVIOUSLY you ARE too stupid to understand the ruling allows HUGE CORPS to air comercials WITHOUT indicating WHO paid for them! DO YOU GET IT!!!??? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS of being able to spend MILLIONS or BILLIONS on commercials to BUY Congress people?

you depend upon the wisdom of innately "stupid" people for good governance. Hmmmmmm.....
//

And those that realized this and went to the streets were ridiculed by the media, Obama, Pelosi and the left.

I expected Obama and Pelosi to ridicule them. But normal everyday citizens as well?

//

The First Amendment right to free speech is "unfortunate"? Democracy, is "unfortunate"? :eusa_eh:

What are you trying to say, USC?

//

The First Amendment right to free speech is "unfortunate"? Democracy, is "unfortunate"? :eusa_eh:

What are you trying to say, USC?

I took it as saying that the people are sheep to the stupid government reps.

And then I pointed out thatthose of us that spooke out against the stupid people in governemnt were ridiculed by the medai and other citizens.

//

And those that realized this and went to the streets were ridiculed by the media, Obama, Pelosi and the left.

I expected Obama and Pelosi to ridicule them. But normal everyday citizens as well?

Yeah I remember back when I was openly against invading Iraq...
Everyday christian citizens were saying "Just nuke em all and let god sort em out".
And I was the unamerican traitor?

People are stupit and the more things change the more they stay the same.

//

Yeah I remember back when I was openly against invading Iraq...
Everyday christian citizens were saying "Just nuke em all and let god sort em out".
And I was the unamerican traitor?

Perhaps to the few on here....but I, for one, a very staunch conservative got in the face of the few that ridiculed Sheehan....and I was, and still am, in support of military action in the region.

Freedom of speech is a right fior all of us....not just for those we agree with.

Blank check health care will never work. Group health care has ruined American care. We have the absolute best DISEASE care which sucks 54% of all health care costs for 4 % of the population which are chronically ill. 8 out of top 9 chronic illnesses which are preventable constitute 90% of all of those costs. Average health care costs now for a senior in the last 18months of their life is well over 100K.
Doctors love the current system.They specialize in disease care practices all the while leaving us an unhealthy nation as a whole.
How many gazillionaire doctors in Congress? 3 from Georgia.

Forum List

Back