Why does the department of homeland security need 200 million rounds of hollow point

I realize this is old news, not sure if this subject has been discussed here. But anyway on August 22, 2009

Winchester Ammunition was awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years.

The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester Ranger line.

Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security
200 million rounds that the military cannot use because of some treaty that was signed years ago, because Hollow point rounds are supposed to be inhumane to use. So why did the obama administration allow this?

Full metal jackets are the required military round and it has been that way for decades.

I still have a few boxes of SPEER Hollow Point 200 grain .45 ACP that was made years ago and packed 25 to a nice little box. It was known as the "flying pancake" and would operate the way all hollow points are supposed to. Massive expansion when it hit. At least double the diameter in the tests I ran on phone books.

Why do they always discontinue things that actually work?

[Those will be used on YOU........when the time comes.

Just like a Latino. Brings a knife to a gunfight.

That DREAM act will never pass and LA RAZA will start it's war chants again.

If only they could run their own countries instead of whinning about how they can't get to higher education until they learn how to read and write in the nursery schools called magnets.

Forum List

Back