Why does Romney's religion hurt his chances to become President?

4Horsemen

Oct 9, 2012
I've talked to a host of people that say Romney's Mormon beliefs hurt his chances of becoming President more than his ability to lead.

So I delved into the background of the Mormon cult and found out that Romney indeed does have a racist belief system onset by his Mormon religion. And doubt many voters, outside of Mormonism, understand this. Maybe a little too late?

"The Book of Mormon describes the Lamanites as descendants of Laman and Lemuel, two rebellious brothers of a family of Israelites who crossed the ocean in a boat around 600 BC. Their brother Nephi founded the Nephite nation. The Lamanites reputedly gained their dark skin as a sign of the curse for their rebelliousness (the curse was the withdrawal of the Spirit of God), and warred with the Nephites over a period of centuries. The book says that Jesus appeared and converted all the Lamanites to Christianity; however, after about two centuries, the Lamanites fell away and eventually exterminated all the Nephites. By the end of the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites were defined less by their skin color than by their lack of Christianity. Many Mormons believe that the Polynesian people originated from the descendents of Hagoth who led his people off on a ship and was never heard from again. Although Hagoth was a Nephite, these Mormons regard Polynesians as Lamanites."

Lamanite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OMG man, I dont hear democrats say this about Harry Reid.......take your partisanship and shove it up your ass....this is from one of those Southern Baptists that hate all religions/races/blah blah....yet I do support a mormon....liberals cant understand that their view of us is horribly flawed...that's why, when people get older they find out liberalism is full of shit

OMG man, I dont hear democrats say this about Harry Reid.......take your partisanship and shove it up your ass....this is from one of those Southern Baptists that hate all religions/races/blah blah....yet I do support a mormon....liberals cant understand that their view of us is horribly flawed...that's why, when people get older they find out liberalism is full of shit

Southern Baptists are really racist religious hacks anyway so I can see why you wouldn't mind voting for Romney.

I've talked to a host of people that say Romney's Mormon beliefs hurt his chances of becoming President more than his ability to lead.

So I delved into the background of the Mormon cult and found out that Romney indeed does have a racist belief system onset by his Mormon religion. And doubt many voters, outside of Mormonism, understand this. Maybe a little too late?

"The Book of Mormon describes the Lamanites as descendants of Laman and Lemuel, two rebellious brothers of a family of Israelites who crossed the ocean in a boat around 600 BC. Their brother Nephi founded the Nephite nation. The Lamanites reputedly gained their dark skin as a sign of the curse for their rebelliousness (the curse was the withdrawal of the Spirit of God), and warred with the Nephites over a period of centuries. The book says that Jesus appeared and converted all the Lamanites to Christianity; however, after about two centuries, the Lamanites fell away and eventually exterminated all the Nephites. By the end of the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites were defined less by their skin color than by their lack of Christianity. Many Mormons believe that the Polynesian people originated from the descendents of Hagoth who led his people off on a ship and was never heard from again. Although Hagoth was a Nephite, these Mormons regard Polynesians as Lamanites."

Romney will probably win more of the evangelical vote that Bush.

Not really even a good try.

LOL

Anything democrats can think of to hang their hat on will do for them. Romney's religion only matters to democrats and only because they think they can use it a a wedge issue. To republicans, especially to evangelicals, it doesn't matter at all.

Southern Baptists are really racist religious hacks anyway so I can see why you wouldn't mind voting for Romney.

How pathetic....but dont use your projection on me....you hate mormons i dont

Anything democrats can think of to hang their hat on will do for them. Romney's religion only matters to democrats and only because they think they can use it a a wedge issue. To republicans, especially to evangelicals, it doesn't matter at all.

God forbid a political party would use a wedge issue!!! Say it ain't so. :eek:

Are you claiming Romney is a racist ?

The Old Testament is racist and Jesus didn't go the gentiles (was he a racist ?).

What is you point here ?

Romney isn't a Mormon, he's a Freemason.

If you did any research as you say, you'd have found that Joseph Smith was a Freemason when he founded the Church.

Washington and Truman were Freemasons, how'd they turn out?

You have done no research at all. Simply parroted some recycled talking points.

Want a cracker?

No one cared about Obama's Muslim religion......oops Christian religion so I am not sure you talked to a host of people that give a crap. Anyone who might raise it as an issue should consider the two stance on abortion then maybe they will realize that maybe Mormonism is better then whatever it is that Obama believes.

Well Romney lost anyways so I guess the Mormon issue is swept back under the rug where it belongs.

Good thing too. I couldn't imagine a blatant racist list Romney running the country.

Forum List

Back