Why does our senators have better healthcare plans than we do ?

Newp. On pg. 157, we can opt into theirs
Yet somehow I doubt we will be allowed to get admission to Bethesda when we are ill or injured.

agreed---I can't understand how after all this effort some have better health care than others. If we have a right to healthcare how come we don't have equal rights to health care ?

Obama initially offered to open up the US Government Federal Employees Health Plan (the one he and Congress use) to all Americans as part of the public option.

Once again, the rightwing called it a "Government Takeover"

You lost out....too bad for you

Last edited:
Obama initially offered to open up the US Government Federal Employees Health Plan (the one he and Congress use) to all Americans as part of the public option.
Obama initially offered to open up the US Government Federal Employees Health Plan (BUT NOT ACTUALLYthe one he and Congress use) to all Americans as part of the public option
There fixed it for you, to reflect the truth.

Obama initially offered to open up the US Government Federal Employees Health Plan (BUT NOT ACTUALLYthe one he and Congress use) to all Americans as part of the public option
There fixed it for you, to reflect the truth.

Sorry...

Congress and the President use the exact same plan. They always have

why do you keep saying 'our' and 'we'?

YOU are going to have the same veteran's health coverage that every military person has. And if i'm not mistaken, that coverage is better than almost anyone's.

i don't begrudge veterans their health benefits because you all earned it. but still...

Indeed. If anyone has the 'right' to 'free' healthcare, it is those who risk their lives for ours.

Most the health care people will be recieving due to this bill will not be free, but hey keep pedaling that crap.

I have a question for you....... If 85% of the American public is already responsible enough to be insured and get to continue paying for their own insurance, why is this "health care reform bill" going to cost a hair short of a TRILLION DOLLARS???!!!!! Do you know what a trillion is?

A Trillion Dollars
If you have a 4" stack of crisp new 1,000 dollar bills, you would have a million dollars. A billion dollars would be a stack of 1,000 dollar bills 695 feet high. A TRILLION dollars is a stack of thousand dollar bill 63 MILES high!

If you have a 4" stack of crisp new 1,000 dollar bills, you would have a million dollars. A billion dollars would be a stack of 1,000 dollar bills 695 feet high. A TRILLION dollars is a stack of thousand dollar bill 63 MILES high!
Don't worry, Obama has that covered - just print more money.

Forum List

Back