Why does NPR exist? Public funded!? Good bye

Trump questions why NPR exists after Pompeo clashes with reporter

Why is that crap!? Anyone listen? I hear trump is questioning it’s existence.

This is another attempt by the orange whore to dismember American society and its valuable cultural institutions and assets. It's right down there with attacking the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, both of which have occurred. Soon the right-wingers will turn to attacking the Fourth of July Parade on Main Street, Everytown, U.S.A., unless a huge picture of him is displayed at the front of the parade and the the marchers sing praises to him.
Democrats have no American culture

American culture is not defined by political party. BTW: do you actually believe that republicans represent, and are shining examples of American culture?
Republicans are the only things left of traditional American values.. you democrats have destroyed our cities
How stupid. There is no definitive list of "traditional American values." Even if they were well defined, how could one political party or another be their sole representative? I never joined a political party, nor have I ever been to a political rally, but I vote for Democratic candidates and give financial contributions to the Democratic Party because of what the republicans have turned themselves into, which is entirely ugly and representative of the opposite of what being an American means to me. They have chosen the way of fascism and bizarre cultism. Very bad choices. How do I say not only "no," but "HELL NO"?
Our traditional values are clearly defined

This is another attempt by the orange whore to dismember American society and its valuable cultural institutions and assets. It's right down there with attacking the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, both of which have occurred. Soon the right-wingers will turn to attacking the Fourth of July Parade on Main Street, Everytown, U.S.A., unless a huge picture of him is displayed at the front of the parade and the the marchers sing praises to him.

American culture is not defined by political party. BTW: do you actually believe that republicans represent, and are shining examples of American culture?
Republicans are the only things left of traditional American values.. you democrats have destroyed our cities
How stupid. There is no definitive list of "traditional American values." Even if they were well defined, how could one political party or another be their sole representative? I never joined a political party, nor have I ever been to a political rally, but I vote for Democratic candidates and give financial contributions to the Democratic Party because of what the republicans have turned themselves into, which is entirely ugly and representative of the opposite of what being an American means to me. They have chosen the way of fascism and bizarre cultism. Very bad choices. How do I say not only "no," but "HELL NO"?

No, they aren't. Never were. Who would define them? The word "traditional" is tricky. It sometimes means the same mistake or mistreatment repeated over and over again.

No, they aren't. Never were. Who would define them? The word "traditional" is tricky. It sometimes means the same mistake or mistreatment repeated over and over again.
You can go from Boston to South Dakota Miami to Montana California to Texas and you’ll see every conservative person have the same values and respect love of country speak English the love of family, hard work, limited government, that’s our values. Well some that are similar.. facts

You can go from Boston to South Dakota Miami to Montana California to Texas and you’ll see every conservative person have the same values and respect love of country speak English the love of family, hard work, limited government, that’s our values. Well some that are similar.. facts

Almost everyone probably agrees on love of country, love of family, and the value of work. The English and limited-government things are not universally American. They are values only to your particular group. How about respect for others, equality of all persons, compassion? There is a whole lot more.

Plus, your "limited government" thing is a joke. The current "conservative" government pries into just about everything about an individual: physical body, religious beliefs, sexuality, finances. This is the opposite of limited government.

Almost everyone probably agrees on love of country, love of family, and the value of work. The English and limited-government things are not universally American. They are values only to your particular group. How about respect for others, equality of all persons, compassion? There is a whole lot more.

Plus, your "limited government" thing is a joke. The current "conservative" government pries into just about everything about an individual: physical body, religious beliefs, sexuality, finances. This is the opposite of limited government.
Democrats don’t have love of country, they want open borders, we have no country, most Democrats run cities are all divided by culture, languages which creates crime.
Compassion is an emotion,, and democrats kill babies. 3,000 a day in abortions, not to mention the dozens of young blacks shot daily in towns you run and you do nothing.

They have a blues program on the weekend that I listen to. The also have National Native News, Freakanomics and Radiolab. I stopped listening to the wanna be news stuff like 1a and All things Considered etc. a few years ago because they had become so blatantly biased that it was intolerable. They rarely do anything on local weather which renders them useless as I can have 4 seasons in one day.
They've got the best tv shows on the air--Downton Abbey, Last Tango in Halifax, Antiques Roadshow, Monty Python, Sherlock, The Night Manager, Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, The Great British Baking Show, Holmes--who could do better than that? The Brits are far better at producing television programming than the Americans AND THERE ARE NO COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTIONS.
They've got opera and ballet and symphony performances that I don't watch; there are documentaries and the less-than-totally-stupid PBS Newshour.
They are a great deal--free. You can't beat it.

They should have ZERO federal funding, same with PBS. If they can't make it on their own merits, then they should fail.

I used to agree with PBS. With all these channels now providing educational content ....who needs them?

We have History Channel, Travel, tru TV, Discovery, The Learning Channel

What do they give us? Ghost Busters, Ancient Aliens, Oak Island, Pawn Shops

PBS still provides educational and cultural content

They have a blues program on the weekend that I listen to. The also have National Native News, Freakanomics and Radiolab. I stopped listening to the wanna be news stuff like 1a and All things Considered etc. a few years ago because they had become so blatantly biased that it was intolerable. They rarely do anything on local weather which renders them useless as I can have 4 seasons in one day.
They've got the best tv shows on the air--Downton Abbey, Last Tango in Halifax, Antiques Roadshow, Monty Python, Sherlock, The Night Manager, Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, The Great British Baking Show, Holmes--who could do better than that? The Brits are far better at producing television programming than the Americans AND THERE ARE NO COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTIONS.
They've got opera and ballet and symphony performances that I don't watch; there are documentaries and the less-than-totally-stupid PBS Newshour.
They are a great deal--free. You can't beat it.

And Shakespeare & Hathaway, and you can catch up on old Eastenders!
NPR is a tremendous cultural asset. Of course, trump is ignorant about culture, as he is about so many things, so his reaction is not surprising.

Give me $260 million or so from Congress, plus another hundred mil or so a year, tax exempt status, and free protected bandwidth across the entire country, and watch me grow. Now it runs the latest in bohemian fads for the rich, stuff about 'brain health' and yoga cult nonsense, that sort of thing, shows by investment quacks, and shows for idiot tards who think any moron with an English accent must be highly cultured sophisticates or something.

Should NPR lose its federal funding?

The same people who cry about needing tax exempt status for this Democratic Party front will then cry about tax breaks for churches. They're liars and hypocrites, as their election coverage in 2016 proved without a doubt, not a single real journalist works anywhere in its system.

Last edited:
They should have ZERO federal funding, same with PBS. If they can't make it on their own merits, then they should fail.

I used to agree with PBS. With all these channels now providing educational content ....who needs them?

True, those channels are crappy. Doesn't change my mind that no radio/television stations should be federally funded. If they are that good, then they can make it without extra funds. We have a lot of other things we could spend that money on that are more important than trying to validate some people's views on issues.

True, those channels are crappy. Doesn't change my mind that no radio/television stations should be federally funded. If they are that good, then they can make it without extra funds. We have a lot of other things we could spend that money on that are more important than trying to validate some people's views on issues.
The thing is....they don’t.

They start with a grand scheme of providing cultural and educational content and we end up watching 600 lb people, dwarves, hoarders and chasing conspiracy theories. Lowest common denominator always wins out in the end

I’ll take PBS. After over 50 years, they haven’t sold out.

They start with a grand scheme of providing cultural and educational content and we end up watching 600 lb people, dwarves, hoarders and chasing conspiracy theories. Lowest common denominator always wins out in the end

PBS selling out to the insane transgender ideology and trying to push this as "normalcy" to our kids. :cuckoo: They don't exist anymore as far as I'm concerned. :dunno:

PBS selling out to the insane transgender ideology and trying to push this as "normalcy" to our kids. :cuckoo: They don't exist anymore as far as I'm concerned. :dunno:

PBS.. some good stuff but the sell-out to liberal propaganda is sickening...

Cut the cord, they've been suckling off the American taxpayer long enough..

Good...Go back to watching “My 600 lb life”

Hey weirdo, I have never and do not watch that. As if those are our only choices. Lol. I mostly watch Animal Planet and Live PD when I feel like watching television.

When television channels start trying to normalize sexual deviancies to children, they are in black out mode for me and my family.

I'm sure, instead of GAINING viewership because of this stunt, they are going to lose viewership.

I support NPR with my donations and often listen to them. PBS? Less so but to each their own. Having said that, I think it is time that they both stood up on their own two feet. They aren't start ups anymore and the media environment is far more diverse now than it was when they were started.

I support NPR with my donations and often listen to them. PBS? Less so but to each their own. Having said that, I think it is time that they both stood up on their own two feet. They aren't start ups anymore and the media environment is far more diverse now than it was when they were started.

I'm glad you're sticking around there Apparently Lucid..

Hey weirdo, I have never and do not watch that. As if those are our only choices. Lol. I mostly watch Animal Planet and Live PD when I feel like watching television.
They have another one on Gypsy weddings on so called “educational” TV

Why we need PBS

Forum List

Back